2nds Port Adelaide vs WWT Eagles - Round 16 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

If butch is delistes at season end I wonder if any way we can keep him at maggies if he doesn't get picked up? Seems like the sort of bloke who would love to stick around.

After the s**t he has put up with during his time in SA it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him back at the Maffra Eagles as quickly as his beard can carry him.

And who would blame him?

So interesting conundrum

If Lobbe isnt picked this week he won't get a game at the magpies. So he wouldn't play the week after for the power either (you would think) so really Lobbe could be 2 weeks out before even being considered
So will ken rush him back this week or be patient?

QT and we're up 26 to 1.

I hope someone got on us at 40+, paying $15. :p
:'(:'(:'(

A great win, and I reckon a couple of us saw it coming from a mile away.

Consistency means nothing if you make Karl Amon look like an inside contested ball beast.
Colquhoun can play inside and is bloody goood at it. For some reason though he's being coached to play outside, seriously outside. His first couple games for the Power (in trials) showed a really clever kid who threw his body in and won lots of 50/50 contested ball, but for some reason we've coached that out of him.

Last edited:
Sam Gray was gonna be the next Sam Mitchell this time last year
So interesting conundrum

If Lobbe isnt picked this week he won't get a game at the magpies. So he wouldn't play the week after for the power either (you would think) so really Lobbe could be 2 weeks out before even being considered
Seriously with byes every freakin fortnight we may as well start having maggie v academy internals it's not workable the Sanfell is a disaster & it hampers player development.

Seriously with byes every freakin fortnight we may as well start having maggie v academy internals it's not workable the Sanfell is a disaster & it hampers player development.

The Bye needs to be abolished!

Johnny Butchers' goal in the third quarter where he marked the ball, passed it off then ran at top pace into the square to take a handball was probably the clearest message he could give that he has the desire as well as the strength, marking ability and now kicking skill for a call up. Charlie Dixon may be OK but I'd err on the side of caution and give him a rest.

Yeah but one is in his draftee year and another was on his second year at AFL and mid 20s

Johnny Butchers' goal in the third quarter where he marked the ball, passed it off then ran at top pace into the square to take a handball was probably the clearest message he could give that he has the desire as well as the strength, marking ability and now kicking skill for a call up. Charlie Dixon may be OK but I'd err on the side of caution and give him a rest.

Butchers gonna come IN and kick a bag against the GIANTS!!!

anchorman-yes-jumping.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So interesting conundrum

Having Lobbe available is the most important part. Don't forget he was in the SANFL when he was injured, so he shouldn't be back until he is in form and worthy. He absolutely must not be rushed in.

How long till we get Hombsch back is probably the biggest question, get Hombsch back and then we wont need to release Trengove back and hence Lobbe isn't needed just yet.

Ryder is the one we need back

Adelaide vs port is their biggest draw card, they would never let us play it at an undisclosed location for no $$$$$.
Would just make too much damn sense to have them play before the Showdown at AO and at Alberton any other time.

Having Lobbe available is the most important part. Don't forget he was in the SANFL when he was injured, so he shouldn't be back until he is in form and worthy. He absolutely must not be rushed in.
Lobbe looked and moved like a man who has done a knee :rolleyes:. Turning circle of Titanic proportions and who could blame him.
He and Redden had a push and shove on the northern end goal line that had a bit of feeling in it.
A really good win v a top side. We seem to be controlling the ball more with short passes and longer h/balls.
The boys were switched on today, maybe to make up for the loss at Woodville a month or so back.
Probably the Maggies strongest side for the year and to double WWT score was impressive.

How long till we get Hombsch back is probably the biggest question, get Hombsch back and then we wont need to release Trengove back and hence Lobbe isn't needed just yet.

Ryder is the one we need back

Lobbe should not come in until he offers something around the ground and on todays display he's a long way off that. I'll be seriously pissed if he comes in off that performance

.... Probably the Maggies strongest side for the year ....
I was thinking about that, it's such a hard thing to judge. For me the side that walked out at Alberton earlier in the year to beat South by 8 goals is the benchmark. But a late call up from work meant I couldn't be there to see today's group, wish I could've been there.

Great that White and Lobbe got through ok.
Those 'ins' probably pushed Agius back to the Academy team, who started really well 8 v 2 goals at one stage early
before WWT got on top and ran over us.
As Far Kern's guest and with Powerstufff's help I got to go to the 1870 event today which included a look
at the Allan Scott centre. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back