Autopsy Port Downs Cats by 38

Remove this Banner Ad

Parfitt has time, little, to get it back, but he'd want to start this week
He was always best mates with Narkle, maybe seeing Quinton doing well at Port might rekindle some competitive juices in him to get back into it for the Cats. Geelong need him to step up, hopefully he can. Even if it's the in and under ball getter/extractor, hopefully Brandon can have a good second half of the year as his career may rely on it in the competition.

He was always best mates with Narkle, maybe seeing Quinton doing well at Port might rekindle some competitive juices in him to get back into it for the Cats. Geelong need him to step up, hopefully he can. Even if it's the in and under ball getter/extractor, hopefully Brandon can have a good second half of the year as his career may rely on it in the competition.
He is not suited to the modern game, he has absolutely no penetration or damage about the way he plays footy.

He is an ok in and under type and has a it of zig zag and zip around the contest, but he is very below par in most other areas.

He is not going to get the ball at half back flank or delivering it forward and hurt many sides.

He is not suited to the modern game, he has absolutely no penetration or damage about the way he plays footy.

He is an ok in and under type and has a it of zig zag and zip around the contest, but he is very below par in most other areas.

He is not going to get the ball at half back flank or delivering it forward and hurt many sides.

At the moment we’re just desperate for anyone who can get the ball 20 times.
Parfitt did that 10/15 games last year including 2x 30+ games. With Danger out again we simply have to play him and hope he can contribute.

At the moment we’re just desperate for anyone who can get the ball 20 times.
Parfitt did that 10/15 games last year including 2x 30+ games. With Danger out again we simply have to play him and hope he can contribute.

For the upcoming game against Melb - and Oliver is still out which is good for us

But i would much prefer to give Mitch Hardie a game in preference to Parfitt

Out: Bews, Dangerfield, Bruhn
In: Stanley, Knevitt, Hardie

FB: O'Connor De Koning J.Henry
HB: Stewart Kolo Zuthrie
C: Smith Blicavs Duncan
HF: Close Cameron Miers
FF: Stengle Hawkins Rohan
FOL: Stanley Atkins Holmes
IC: O.Henry Tuohy Knevitt Hardie Dempsey(sub)
Tell me you don't rate Bowes without telling me you don't rate Bowes.

Funny thing is... I'm with ya on it.

Bowes has been a bit like SDK this year... Just hasn't had a good run at it.

Tell me you don't rate Bowes without telling me you don't rate Bowes.

Funny thing is... I'm with ya on it.

Bowes has been a bit like SDK this year... Just hasn't had a good run at it.
I haven't minded him. It just feels more like next year will be his year. I don't see value for him as a sub. He seems like a downgrade on Tuohy and Duncan that hopefully we develop into an okay replacement.

I agree with Bowes not an ideal sub - I know he came in at a difficukt time but not sold on the intensity he showed as sub. Some players are just better suited as a starting 22 option as they then work into the game compared with coming on in the second half and just being expected to go nuts from their opening minute

I’d lean towards O. Henry or maybe even brother Jack as sub - Ollie looked lively when he came on against Hawthorn and someone who can have that impact

One thing with Dempsey is that he’s been our sub earlier this year and the coaches seemed reluctant to bring him on - we were well into the last quarter before they pulled the trigger on him
You seem to respect the coaches/selectors a lot more than I do. They are not beyond making bad decisions. Dempsey has had a couple BOGs in the twos. Nobody else is banging down the door and there are plenty in the 22 playing uninspiring football.

You seem to respect the coaches/selectors a lot more than I do. They are not beyond making bad decisions. Dempsey has had a couple BOGs in the twos. Nobody else is banging down the door and there are plenty in the 22 playing uninspiring football.
All on here would know I am Dempsey's biggest fan - but I don't like him as sub. In fact I am strongly of the view that a sub needs to be a physical "bang and crash" type of player. If you can add pace even better (ie. Rohan type). I posted analysis previously that showed the only decent subs we have had all year (3 games out of 13) were Rohan, O Henry and Bruhn - and the last two were in games we won easy.

Personally I would tell Dempsey to go get his third BOG in a row (the game in the middle he only played 1/2 as he was holdover for AFL) in the VFL and we will think about you for Sydney. Against Melbourne I think if we bring him in as sub or forward we set him up to fail vs leaving him in VFL (against a very good Casey team).

This week is massive for the club so they will give the premiership squad once last chance to take a scalp. We win and all of a sudden we are back (with Sydney, North and Essendon the next three)...

It could be that they just make one change Stanley in for Danger. If Bruhn doesn't get up then maybe Knevitt back in or Bowes to 22? Wildcard is do they bring in both ruckman (which CS talked about) - Melbourne would be the team to do it against. If they did that I would move O Henry to sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back