Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How good is this no footy thing? So great!! I'm getting extra hyped for the finals with all this no footy being played. Another genius decision by Gil and the boys!! Only thing better would be if they could shoehorn in an aflx comp with the clubs that didn't make the 8, I've really missed the zooper goals!!

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How good is this no footy thing? So great!! I'm getting extra hyped for the finals with all this no footy being played. Another genius decision by Gil and the boys!! Only thing better would be if they could shoehorn in an aflx comp with the clubs that didn't make the 8, I've really missed the zooper goals!!
Honestly I couldnt handle the port cats game this weekend. I need at least 10 days to prepare my heart.

Powertron

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Agreed. "Please never ever put my dad Fos with the words prison bars."

Technically she’s correct, the bars are a representation of the wharfs synonymous with the Port area, hence the horizontal white bar.

Prison bars has been adopted to fit another narrative, one which many are proud of and enjoy, but for some who may work closely alongside or in the justice system may find the glorification of prison symbolism offensive.

Personally I prefer Prison Bars.

_VXV

Jesus Horne-Francis
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
D0173663-4663-42D3-8B84-C747D6F961FF.jpeg

02DB4030-6409-4A16-9022-97174E4E26E6.jpeg

Technically she’s correct, the bars are a representation of the wharfs synonymous with the Port area, hence the horizontal white bar.

Prison bars has been adopted to fit another narrative, one which many are proud of and enjoy, but for some who may work closely alongside or in the justice system may find the glorification of prison symbolism offensive.

Personally I prefer Prison Bars.
I understand all of that, it was simply an example of Jenny unnecessarily pulling her family’s name into the conversation.

240volt

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Honestly I couldnt handle the port cats game this weekend. I need at least 10 days to prepare my heart.
It feels like ages ago we played the Collingwood game.
For the first time in many years I’m actually looking forward to playing the cats.
I honestly believe we will win easy they are not that good come finals. So relax put your feet up and enjoy the ride. 🤪

70sDinosaur

Premiership Player
May 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah but nothing will make Essendon pony up the cash like the thought of losing a player to Carlton.
Yeah, they still haven't got over losing Justin Madden to Carlton.

And one other thing - why is Rutten now coaching Essendon? Is he the Simon Goodwin of Essendon? Is there some rule that coaching succession plans have to involve random ex-crows? What's Rutten's claim to fame, aside from playing a couple of good games on Warren Tredrea when Tredrea was a cripple?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah, they still haven't got over losing Justin Madden to Carlton.

And one other thing - why is Rutten now coaching Essendon? Is he the Simon Goodwin of Essendon? Is there some rule that coaching succession plans have to involve random ex-crows? What's Rutten's claim to fame, aside from playing a couple of good games on Warren Tredrea when Tredrea was a cripple?

He was coaching this year, Worsfold was just doing the media.

Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ted beats Modra's record for the most goals kicked by a Camry Crows' player in the AFL and wins the award for the most goals for the season with 15.

I guess that certainly beats Modra's Coleman.

Mods would be sitting back with a beer pissing himself laughing at ted breaking his record in twice as many games

all seeing eye

exquirentibus veritatem
Nov 26, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
✔ The only decent William’s as far as I’m concerned is Stephen. If Jenny Williams tries to come thru the front door of the club, slam the door into her face. She is not wanted, period!
Respect people, yes Mark and Jenny have strong views and can be polarising but their club loyalty should not be questioned.

Mar 22, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Carolina Panther's
A footy fan has been arrested and charged with stalking an AFL umpire, leaving “menacing voicemails” after obtaining the whistleblower’s phone number.
Detectives from the Sporting Integrity Intelligence Unit executed a search warrant on Thursday, arresting the 39-year-old Frankston man.

He was charged with one count of stalking and one count of using a carriage service to menace.

We should all leave this type of s**t to our fantasies lol

Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
✔ The only decent William’s as far as I’m concerned is Stephen. If Jenny Williams tries to come thru the front door of the club, slam the door into her face. She is not wanted, period!

Yes, I agree. Jenny Williams should stop this reflected glory stuff. Port Adelaide is a club built on the hard work and commitment of thousands and one thing we have never tolerated at Alberton is someone getting ahead of themselves and thinking they are better than the rest of us because of their background or family ties. PAFC is a republic not a monarchy.

BUT. Having a go at a whole family because of the mis-words of one person is just not on.

P.S. We use full-stops in oz to end a sentence, not periods. I will slam the door in the face of anyone who continues to use the word inappropriately. Full Stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back