Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the one hand I love the idea of John Olsen, the Premier forced to resign for misleading State Parliament over the Motorola affair, as President of the Adelaide Crows. His self entitled arrogance will divide the West Lakes mob in a way that Trigg could only dream of.

On the other hand, having worked closely with him many years ago, I know he has a knack for getting things done by whatever it takes. He will use every connection he has made in business and politics with ruthless efficiency to ensure the Crows get everything they want. And that includes 'stealing' a part of the public owned Adelaide Parklands for the Adelaide Crows new home base. Olsen will not be the lame duck President that Chapman was.

In my view Olsen will take politicking and deal making in SA AFL football to the next level. That can only be tragic news for Port Adelaide fans and those seeking transparency in how deals are done and how public money is allocated amongst the 2 AFL Clubs and the SANFL.
I hear you, but corruption is a different beast these days.
And connections wear thin.

Not to mention having scrutiny from outside the state could be an issue.

It's not as if he doesn't do all he can for the bastards anyway.

On the one hand I love the idea of John Olsen, the Premier forced to resign for misleading State Parliament over the Motorola affair, as President of the Adelaide Crows. His self entitled arrogance will divide the West Lakes mob in a way that Trigg could only dream of.

On the other hand, having worked closely with him many years ago, I know he has a knack for getting things done by whatever it takes. He will use every connection he has made in business and politics with ruthless efficiency to ensure the Crows get everything they want. And that includes 'stealing' a part of the public owned Adelaide Parklands for the Adelaide Crows new home base. Olsen will not be the lame duck President that Chapman was.

In my view Olsen will take politicking and deal making in SA AFL football to the next level. That can only be tragic news for Port Adelaide fans and those seeking transparency in how deals are done and how public money is allocated amongst the 2 AFL Clubs and the SANFL.
Don’t worry I’m sure Seven Adelaide
News will out him every time he puts a dirty foot wrong

Well he is hardly likely to get a gig at Port these days, presumably due to wishing to distance the club from the Family influence, so who could blame him if he took what they offered?
Work is work, and id never hold it against choc if he did, its a disgrace that he never got a second crack at afl level somewhere else tbh.

Last edited:
How are they affording all of these 'big name' coaches with a massive reduction in soft cap spend next year

Names being thrown around are just to please the average gullible crow fan

Just like Pavlich / Clarkson / Vozzo / Balme / Jeremy Cameron etc. from previous years

Cornsey just a few days ago was throwing Baily Smith's name out there like all they had to do was snap their fingers

It's all smoke and mirrors

Olsen would be a perfect fit

Well he is hardly likely to get a gig at Port these days, presumably due to wishing to distance the club from the Family influence, so who could blame him if he took what they offered?
Not blaming him.

As for distance from the family influence, you probably mean the lady that works for the Crows, this isn't the royal family!

How are they affording all of these 'big name' coaches with a massive reduction in soft cap spend next year

Just like Pavlich / Clarkson / Vozzo / Balme / Jeremy Cameron etc. from previous years

Cornsey just a few days ago was throwing Baily Smith's name out there like all they had to do was snap their fingers

Those names bandied,they've got:
Van Berlo
Burns
Maybe the Weribee coach
and our old Forwads coach :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Cornesy was calling him Bailey Williams.....absolute moron that bloke.

Not blaming him.

As for distance from the family influence, you probably mean the lady that works for the Crows, this isn't the royal family!

Choco has spent more of his career away from Port than with it, heck he coached Glenelg for a while.

I still think there is a role for him at Port, he's brilliant with young players and can unearth talent.

What's with the family influence ?

Choco has spent more of his career away from Port than with it, heck he coached Glenelg for a while.

I still think there is a role for him at Port, he's brilliant with young players and can unearth talent.

What's with the family influence ?

His skillset sounds awfully similar to Hinkley’s.

Ruthless commercial efficiency without any understanding of what makes a real football club is what got them in this trouble in the first place.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A footy fan has been arrested and charged with stalking an AFL umpire, leaving “menacing voicemails” after obtaining the whistleblower’s phone number.
Detectives from the Sporting Integrity Intelligence Unit executed a search warrant on Thursday, arresting the 39-year-old Frankston man.

He was charged with one count of stalking and one count of using a carriage service to menace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back