Preview Port V Collingwood (Boak's 300th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Davies said in that interview that they will be looking at bringing some (or all) of the remaining 4 over to Melbourne in the coming days. Apparently some guys couldn't get on the plane due to issues but these guys are not in the frame for selection... Not sure if that means they are injured or that they are not currently good enough.
They may also be considering that if a few players end up needing to isolate we may need all hands on deck.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The GF should be in Queensland again.

NSW is cooked. Victoria is too big and thus more prone to outbreaks than smaller states. SA and especially WA are too lockdown happy (it's comical that people think WA is a realistic option when 1 case triggers a lockdown and could shut the crowd out hours before a grand final).

The second best option is literally Tasmania lol.

Why?

There's every chance Victoria will be out of lockdown next week the way it's going.

So is tomorrow the first time all week our players will be allowed to train after being in hotels/home all week?

Terrible prep if so. Has any team had to spend 5 days in quarantine before a days run and then game day?

Wouldn’t be surprised if were quite flat come Friday.

Training as we speak at Marvel

Why?

There's every chance Victoria will be out of lockdown next week the way it's going.

What about the next lockdown? History says it will happen. And remember, after every lockdown comes the period of adjusting back to normal.

So is tomorrow the first time all week our players will be allowed to train after being in hotels/home all week?

Terrible prep if so. Has any team had to spend 5 days in quarantine before a days run and then game day?

Wouldn’t be surprised if were quite flat come Friday.
I'm hoping we're gonna do a Denmark 1992 and prove that no preparation is the key to success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PORT ADELAIDE v COLLINGWOOD (Cameron Cloke Cup)

Friday July 23, 7.10pm at Marvel Stadium

How to watch on Fox Footy: Channel 504 from 6:30pm, hosted by Garry Lyon with Jonathan Brown, Nick Riewoldt, Cameron Mooney and Jon Ralph, followed by First Crack with Tom Morris, Ben Dixon and Nick Dal Santo.

Power’s burning question: Is 300-game milestone man Boak Port’s best ever?

Port Adelaide veteran Travis Boak will play his 300th game against the Magpies on Friday night in one of the more bizarre build ups to such a big milestone. In doing so, he equals a club record for the most games in AFL history. It adds to a growing list of accolades on the 32-year old’s resume, including two best and fairests and three All-Australians. The former skipper has enjoyed a second burst in his career in recent seasons to reclaim his status as one elite midfielders of the competition. Showing no signs of slowing down, Boak could now be considered one of, if not the best Power player of all-time. Perhaps the only thing holding him back of holding the title outright is a premiership medallion.

Magpies’ burning question: Will the dam wall break?

Collingwood has been hit hard on the injury front in recent weeks, with the likes of Darcy Moore, Josh Daicos, Beau McCreery and Callum Brown going down, while Will Hoskin-Elliott, Brody Mihocek and Josh Thomas are all in doubt to play this week. It will lead to the Magpies fielding one of its most inexperienced teams in recent history on Friday night, including two confirmed debutants in Jack Ginnivan and Anton Tohill. Amid a disappointing season with the finish line now in site and a growing injury list, it must be questioned how motivated this group will be and if at some stage they wave the white flag.

Fox Footy experts’ verdict: Port Adelaide 7-0

Davies said in that interview that they will be looking at bringing some (or all) of the remaining 4 over to Melbourne in the coming days. Apparently some guys couldn't get on the plane due to issues but these guys are not in the frame for selection... Not sure if that means they are injured or that they are not currently good enough.
Gray, Fantasia, Rockliff and Farrell were the names I heard him say. I reckon there was a 5th but don't remember.

Gray, Fantasia, Rockliff and Farrell were the names I heard him say. I reckon there was a 5th but don't remember.
Hahaha I heard an interview with him where he said Burgoyne, Rockliff, Farrell and Motlop (5aa yesterday). Not sure if he is giving mixed messages or we are getting confused.

Hahaha I heard an interview with him where he said Burgoyne, Rockliff, Farrell and Motlop (5aa yesterday). Not sure if he is giving mixed messages or we are getting confused.
Motlop rings a bell now that you mentioned him.

Caro mentioned that Fantasia might be ready for a scratch match on 5aark tonight, so he may already have gone over to Melb with the main group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back