Autopsy Port versus an actual football team

Remove this Banner Ad

Along with '07, that was a legacy moment for our club last night. A lot of these players will always be remembered for the '21 prelim debacle'.

That said, Melbourne were obliterated by West Coast in a 2018 PF and are playing in a GF next week.

I'm not as upset (or hungover) as I thought I would be. I was upset last year and my son cried on my shoulder. This year we both looked at each other after the second goal and shrugged our shoulders. I thought the club's mental demons had been sorted but they have not and will not for a long time - if ever. We are chokers it isn't a good thing.

Ken was given an extension on the grounds that he said Duursma, Rozzee and Butters could take us to flag but that is looking to be wrong now. That won't be admitted of course and the club will rinse and repeat and chase the next final piece of the puzzle.

Not sure what else to say. Like everyone else, I can't put my finger on why this club falls apart mentally in big games like this. I'll rock up again next year but never again will I be miffed that I missed out on tickets to a finals game like I was on Monday.

First thing I did when I got home was unfollow all footy feeds and delete Fox Footy from the channel list.

This is the lone redoubt to ink out the cavalcade of sigh.

I plan to find out who won this flag some time in January.

In this situation, you are Kochie and your subscription to the archaic Foxtel pay TV model is Ken. Time to cut ties brah

I keep harping back to the 2nd to last game in 2018 against Norf when we had a finals birth on the line - essentially the same result as last night.

What's the definition of insanity again?
Three matches against the same opponent and each one started in identical fashion. That’s insanity right there.

In this situation, you are Kochie and your subscription to the archaic Foxtel pay TV model is Ken. Time to cut ties brah

Except I don’t expect miracles, just Sean Hannity.

I’m watching a documentary about Adolf hitler

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He wouldn’t be the worst coaching option. Won multiple flags, but it didn’t end well at his last club. GremioPower probably knows where he is and what he’s up to right now. Worth a chat at least.

You beat GWS and Essendon when they were outside the top eight at the time. Anyway, it’s quibbling. Finishing second after the h/a when realistically you’re the 6th-8th best side is one of the most dangerous list positions you can be in. Port need to do an honest accounting of where they’re at and not slough of this loss as an aberration or an off night for Kenny. You’re miles off it.
Even if you were right, you'd still be a campaigner. Fu** off.

And that other cliche, we'll be back bigger and better next year.

No one is buying what you're selling.
Said the exact same thing after last year's prelim, IIRC.

Rubbish disposal has been a trait of ours since 2016. Too many missed targets that put pressure on receivers. We have been our worst enemy for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone come up with anything to make them feel better?

I actually don’t know what to do. What do you do when a team representing a club you have invested so much emotional energy in since you were 5 years old does not show up in a Preliminary Final where all the odds are stacked in their favour?

It might sound a bit dramatic, but I’m ******* empty and lost today.
Right there with ya. Bonus is though that I stopped investing emotional energy in them years ago when it became clear this group would never win a flag. And even as we've teetered on the line of regaining that investment our game was over after 10 mins ensuring no investment was teased out last night.

Did Dank pay the bullfrogs a visit before the game ? They looked unusually sprite.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They looked like they were on a mission. Defeat wasn’t an option. Got the chocolates.

Last time we played like that in hostile territory, with those stakes, was the 2014 Semi.

You beat GWS and Essendon when they were outside the top eight at the time. Anyway, it’s quibbling. Finishing second after the h/a when realistically you’re the 6th-8th best side is one of the most dangerous list positions you can be in. Port need to do an honest accounting of where they’re at and not slough of this loss as an aberration or an off night for Kenny. You’re miles off it.
We won the same amount of games. Fk off.
The bulldogs will smash you.

Three matches against the same opponent and each one started in identical fashion. That’s insanity right there.
The worst part is, this isn't a lone thing.

Our last 4 games against Brisbane have ALL seen similar patterns too.

That game last night was exactly the sort of thing Brisbane have been doing to us for years and now the Dogs also do it consistently.

Has anyone come up with anything to make them feel better?

I actually don’t know what to do. What do you do when a team representing a club you have invested so much emotional energy in since you were 5 years old does not show up in a Preliminary Final where all the odds are stacked in their favour?

It might sound a bit dramatic, but I’m ******* empty and lost today.
Yep.
It's 1 step closer to Hinkley going
It's saving the humiliation of performing like that in a GF

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That game last night was exactly the sort of thing Brisbane have been doing to us for years and now the Dogs also do it consistently.

Select people in my circle scoffed at me when I said I was more concerned about last night than Melbourne in a fortnight.

All the hallmarks of failure were there.

• Adelaide Oval
• Red hot favourites
• ‘Perfect preparation’
• A plucky, undermanned opponent with nothing to lose

Compare that to playing in Perth as underdogs. Chalk and cheese.

So did the sound for NTUA **** up at the ground or was it a broadcast thing? Seemed like it skipped about 20 secs in then there were 2 versions playing for a while. Absolutely set the tone for the game.

Reminded me of 2015 and the Farris bros getting stuck awkwardly on the ground as the game started.

midfield,midfield,midfield -28 clearances in 1st quarter alone, you cant beat the best with that crap.Same pattern all yr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back