Preview Changes & Preview Thread versus the clowns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADELAIDE coach Matthew Nicks has brushed aside suggestions a youthful, flu-hit Port Adelaide will be vulnerable in Saturday's Showdown at Adelaide Oval.
With Dan Houston, Sam Powell-Pepper and 2021 Brownlow medallist Ollie Wines all missing Friday's captain's run with flu symptoms, Port's depth could be tested.
But Nicks isn't anticipating a smooth ride. "Age and experience is one area, there's also speed, power, talent," he said. "Port Adelaide's is a very, very high-end midfield. "By no means do we come into this game thinking we'll get a massive advantage there. "We're confident with the style of footy we're playing but we're coming up against a very good midfield."

ADELAIDE coach Matthew Nicks has brushed aside suggestions a youthful, flu-hit Port Adelaide will be vulnerable in Saturday's Showdown at Adelaide Oval.
With Dan Houston, Sam Powell-Pepper and 2021 Brownlow medallist Ollie Wines all missing Friday's captain's run with flu symptoms, Port's depth could be tested.
But Nicks isn't anticipating a smooth ride. "Age and experience is one area, there's also speed, power, talent," he said. "Port Adelaide's is a very, very high-end midfield. "By no means do we come into this game thinking we'll get a massive advantage there. "We're confident with the style of footy we're playing but we're coming up against a very good midfield."

They want to be significant underdogs. Internally you know they think they’re in this game up to their earfuls.

They want to be significant underdogs. Internally you know they think they’re in this game up to their earfuls.
Yep. Nicks has a lot of the flaws of Ken, having 'learnt' from him, but he lets their 'natural' treatment of a Showdown as being as good as a final, run it's course, rather than try and play it down. For all Port gets accused of the affirmation of the crowd makes a difference (like they've missed our home games from 2015 onwards), Adelaide really does feed off their fans mindless devotion at home games. Even when they are complete trash, Mabel and Herb won't tolerate anyone thinking it's the players, it's the umpires, evil Victorians, black fella's who said worse to Tex first and/or those Port ferals stopping them succeeding, not Rory Riley and his cousin Riley Rory. Of course then they crumble away from AO, without that ego stroking, but that's not going to matter tomorrow.

Ken's poured water on it all, the media are clinging onto this in a slow news showdown week. I'd be surprised if more than one of the 3 mentioned miss tomorrow's game.

"We had a couple away, but I have spoken to all the boys and they are all okay," Hinkley said. "It is that time of the year; a little sniffle. We keep them away (from the rest of the group)."

Lol so they report it as flu but it’s just a little sniffle. No one is missing this game for a head cold.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Even if they’re not bed ridden and just have a mild case, it’s still going to affect their aerobic performance. There’s no way around that.

It still decreases our chances of winning this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth wouldnt you activate the sub?

That isnt the reason
Sam Edmund ran the story about champion data holding out on changing the software months ago
I don't know but it has happened before.

It hasnt happened this year has it (previously it was only medical)
I was sure there was one game this year that the sub for one team didn't get used. Other than going through stats for every game I'm not sure how to confirm it. Agree though, it doesn't make sense.

Edit: it might be they were subbed on basically the end of the game, I remember the commentators noting the sub hadn't been used.

Crows will come out backs against the wall and make a game of it.... Or we will smash them... I reckon they will come out and give a good hard effort.... But shouldn't be any excuses.
We should win by 20-30 points, but ... ......... it's Ports, and we're just as likely to spud it up 🙄

Just be ruthless Port.

Yeah but if we lose with a seemingly inevitable flat effort, remember how proud we all were with our effort against the unbeatable Collingwood last week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back