Preview Changes & Preview Thread versus the clowns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante%2527s%2BPeak%2B1.jpg

There is a lot of consternation around some very marginal calls - which I guess is indicative of pretty strong season.

"Fast but ineffectual" McEntee v. "Slow, lost and confused + misses sitters" Evans v. "Slow, drops chest marks and misses 20 meter passes" Narkle = varying degrees of very average and hopefully all replaced by Rioli and Fantasia come finals.

Lycett/Hayes/Dante/"Just stand there and don't bother jumping" Finlayson as ruck = varying degrees of ineffective.

These are not the selections where the game will be won or lost.

Boak as sub might work quite well. Similar to how older stars can sometimes be effective in soccer coming on as subs once the pace has gone out of the game.

Not worried about it, like it or not Teakle needs some games before finals with Lycett's issues.
No. Teakle should never play for us again under any circumstances. Lycett, Hayes, Dante, some combo of Finlayson/Dixon/Lord all preferable. Teakle may be the worst player to ever pull on a Power guernsey.

No. Teakle should never play for us again under any circumstances. Lycett, Hayes, Dante, some combo of Finlayson/Dixon/Lord all preferable. Teakle may be the worst player to ever pull on a Power guernsey.
Based on that I guess you're 'happy' with Dante being selected this week.

Based on that I guess you're 'happy' with Dante being selected this week.
Knowing that Lycett and Hayes aren't options due to injury, yes I am.

I might be a minority but I reckon ROB was likely to towel up Lycett or Hayes, if either were fit, anyway. He often kills us with intercept marking and his work around the ground.

I'm hoping a large part of Dante's performance in his last game was due to the late call-up and he's better able to compete tomorrow.
ROB is surprisingly (for his body size) a really hard runner and competes all day. Every chance he would've run Hayes into the ground so that he didnt have the strength / stamina to get to and compete at every stoppage. Saying that I'm not overly confident Dante will be any better but at least he gets to adequately prepare this time.

They won't pick Hayes again I'm telling ya, all I'm being is realistic.

Running the ball through the lines and playing on at all costs is the best way to beat the crows as they try and crowd the contest and get numbers to the drop of the ball.

Butters and Rozee are more important than a ruck. Would even say Farrell and Burton as running backs are key to Ports success. Shots on goal should come pretty easy with this style of game against the crows.

If you were a supporter of another club and you knew nothing about Sam Hayes' actual ability but knew that his coach had played Brynn Teakle or even no ruck at all ahead of him, would you want your club to trade for him?

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. His value has been tanked because of the way we've treated him.
Good thing supporters arent the professional list managers then

You're not really omitted if you're going to play :think:
Have you heard tje story about why tur sub counts as dropped?

AFL and AFLPA came together and said we dont think the sub should count as beind dropped, but the champion data software they use to enter the teams doesnt work like that

Hey champion data can you please change it

Yeah sure we can this would be the invoice

Invoice?! What ******* invoice we own 49% of you pricks and this invoice is * all just do it

No.

And that is where that stalemate is out and why the sub isnt listed as in the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Running the ball through the lines and playing on at all costs is the best way to beat the crows as they try and crowd the contest and get numbers to the drop of the ball.

Butters and Rozee are more important than a ruck. Would even say Farrell and Burton as running backs are key to Ports success. Shots on goal should come pretty easy with this style of game against the crows.
Their mids are slow and s**t users but elite ball winners.

There will be runs of play where ROB feeds them the ball and we don't even get near it.

If they manage to kick half well or their forwards just beat us they can get on a goal kicking run.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's nothing to do with me rating him, he's the most mature body we have backing up Lycett.

They are not picking Hayes again, Dante is a kid & Lycett is a week to week proposition.

Dixon is peglegged out of significant ruck time come finals & Finlayson isn't any more than a chop out either.
Hayes would be picked ahead of Dante this week if fit & will be in the picture again after Dante is hung, drawn & quartered by Rob.
Lycett should have been rested the last 2 games and he might have been right for crows/ Geelong games. I don’t understand why we persist with playing injured, out of form seniors.

Hayes would be picked ahead of Dante this week if fit & will be in the picture again after Dante is hung, drawn & quartered by Rob.
Lycett should have been rested the last 2 games and he might have been right for crows/ Geelong games. I don’t understand why we persist with playing injured, out of form seniors.
Nope I really think they would've picked Dante this week regardless of the Hayes injury. They prefer putting more time into Dante in the SANFL when Hayes is fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back