Game Day Port vs Carlton R22 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

🤦‍♂️ Dude! That’s literally the list! There are no other port players on it
Thats just players career rates.

I mean Trent McKenzie has an overall record of 53-0-83, for a 38.9% win rate.

However his record for Port is 24-6. For an 80% win rate. So its more important that we play Trent McKenzie for his win-loss record than Todd Marshall.

Also in 2021, Port has won 100% of games that Marshall wasn't in the starting 22 for.

Marshall was shithouse aside from a good patch in the second quarter.
In 13 years on this board I've never seen somebody with such irrational hatred for a PAFC player than you for Marshall. It is honestly pathetic.

Have you not noticed that literally nobody agrees with you, not even the usual Marshall critics?

Trent Mckenzie is so important. Clurey went to another level when we got on top, under the pump im not so confident. Mckenzie is extremely reliable down back no matter the situation of the game.

Love those centre clearances when he races into the square from his wing, takes the bouncing ball in traffic and evades his way through the congestion to kick it forward. Signature move.

He's developing tremendous strength and power too. Quite a few times yesterday he just shrugged or fended off tacklers as if they were barely there.

Trent Mckenzie is so important. Clurey went to another level when we got on top, under the pump im not so confident. Mckenzie is extremely reliable down back no matter the situation of the game.

You could say he's a Gun.

Thats just players career rates.

I mean Trent McKenzie has an overall record of 53-0-83, for a 38.9% win rate.

However his record for Port is 24-6. For an 80% win rate. So its more important that we play Trent McKenzie for his win-loss record than Todd Marshall.

Also in 2021, Port has won 100% of games that Marshall wasn't in the starting 22 for.

In 13 years on this board I've never seen somebody with such irrational hatred for a PAFC player than you for Marshall. It is honestly pathetic.

Have you not noticed that literally nobody agrees with you, not even the usual Marshall critics?

There needs to be some balance on here. Marshall was barely a pass yesterday. Powell-Pepper had a better statistical line in last weeks hard fought contest. I make no apology for the critical eye and words, and I am fearful Marshall will let us down in pressure finals.. again.

There needs to be some balance on here. Marshall was barely a pass yesterday. Powell-Pepper had a better statistical line in last weeks hard fought contest. I make no apology for the critical eye and words, and I am fearful Marshall will let us down in pressure finals.. again.
No you're not. You're not fearful. You'd relish in it.

Those who don’t understand Marshall’s value to the team and dislike him honestly don’t follow port close enough IMO.

Numerous coaches and his teammates have said he is a vital and important part of our forward line, does the things that go unnoticed, gets his team mates into the game. If you can’t see that I suggest watching more games or going to more games and watching him.

I think he is not perfect, but for a 22 year old forward I think he is well and truly in our best 22. Where were Schulz, Dixon etc when they were 22 years old, not the player they ended up being that’s for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall has straightened up our forward line. Gave us more options than just bomb it to Dixon. A lovely set of hands on him. He will only get better with age and experience.

Those who don’t understand Marshall’s value to the team and dislike him honestly don’t follow port close enough IMO.

Numerous coaches and his teammates have said he is a vital and important part of our forward line, does the things that go unnoticed, gets his team mates into the game. If you can’t see that I suggest watching more games or going to more games and watching him.

I think he is not perfect, but for a 22 year old forward I think he is well and truly in our best 22. Where were Schulz, Dixon etc when they were 22 years old, not the player they ended up being that’s for sure.

The coaches dropped him last week. At his best he's valuable but at his worst he's a liability. He needs to close that gap.

The coaches dropped him last week. At his best he's valuable but at his worst he's a liability. He needs to close that gap.
With Todd in the team we have kicked 97, 100 and 140 points in the last 4 weeks

The week he missed we kicked 55 points against a bottom 4 team.

I’d say if you think he a liability, you need to watch more. Leading patterns, keeping his man away from other forwards in a good position, little touches, etc. undoubtedly best 22.

A mid/half-forward that thrives on the contest had a better stat line in a game-long battle than a key forward forced to part-time ruck in a (eventual) team-wide domination of the 13th team. I'm shocked to be sitting here.

With Todd in the team we have kicked 97, 100 and 140 points in the last 4 weeks

The week he missed we kicked 55 points against a bottom 4 team.

I’d say if you think he a liability, you need to watch more. Leading patterns, keeping his man away from other forwards in a good position, little touches, etc. undoubtedly best 22.

I said at his worst he's a liability. Playing like he did yesterday there is no issue.

I said at his worst he's a liability. Playing like he did yesterday there is no issue.
This is reasonable criticism. What Waspy is doing is anything but.

On Marshall, 12 disposals seems a bare pass but then you see that 9 of those were score involvements. Yes, I would like to see him get his hands on it more but he got it more than Mitch and more than Charlie (though every one of CD's disposals was a score involvement). Todd had a good game. It could have been better but it was a good game.

On Marshall, 12 disposals seems a bare pass but then you see that 9 of those were score involvements. Yes, I would like to see him get his hands on it more but he got it more than Mitch and more than Charlie (though every one of CD's disposals was a score involvement). Todd had a good game. It could have been better but it was a good game.

4 easy shots on goal if boak and amon passed to him instead of bombing from 50 and Ollie stealing his mark and other bad inside 50 kicks

fmd you feel like marshall needs to kick a bag of 10 straight including some snaps from the pocket and take 10 marks whilst taking mark of the year in the same game and that still wouldnt impress some of the posters on here oh because he only had under 15 possessions and his stat line is s**t. SPP had more so Marshall is on the same level as woodcock. ******* lol

Blokes playing his role in the team. If your basing players value in the TEAM by their stat line then from yesterdays game Matthew Kennedy is the second coming of Chris Judd. Some stats for you stat lovers out there. Marshall had 12 touches at 100% efficiency including 9 score involvements with 1 turnover. For lamens terms ala those who dont understand. We kicked a score 75% of the time he disposed of the ball with ball in his hands.

For a roaming CHF, Thats insane.

This doesnt include breaking packs, smart flick ons, leading patterns taking a third tall away from dixon , just smart play Marshall was always capable of as they dont get tallied in the stats. That one kick where he went bang on the wing to dbj in the middle was some albert einstein s**t. no idea how he saw him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back