- Oct 2, 2019
- AFL Club
- West Coast
Sounds like Kennedy pulled up ok this morning
This sort of fair and balanced attitude is the reason HB35 won’t be inviting you as a guest commentatorI’d have to watch the game back again but I remember thinking that Goldy did pretty well tonight. Wasn’t Naita’s b*tch by any stretch.
Wait...b*tch is bleeped but bitches isn’t? Sigh.
Harsh but fair.Look it wasn't fun watching that at all. I'd say it was a fairly diabolical performance in the grand scheme of things but when you're missing Kennedy after a quarter (who was poor anyway it must be said), McGovern, Shuey, Yeo, Cripps and Redden you'll take any win you can get in the shitty hub.
Particularly at Metricon.
+ Gaff won the most contested possessions on the ground (14). Gaff. The skinny outside beatnik. Well done son
+ Ryan is in amazing form at the moment. Can even turn a statless first quarter into a BOG performance. Taking the piss really
+ Naitanui train rolls on. Wouldn't say he "smashed" Goldy by any means but continues his very solid 2020. CRUCIAL player to wrestle momentum back
+ One of Hurns better games, if not the best of the season. I didn't really notice him so much but his stats are huge
+ Normally i don't notice Duggan so much either but he impressed me in the midfield. Doesn't have the polish but is far from disgraced. 20 touches, 3 tackles
+ Happy enough with Sheeds solid game, it's what we need to expect from him now. 23 touches, 12 contested, 4 tackles and 5 clearances
+ Ainsworths best game for a while. Should've finished with 2 goals.
- Broken tackle stat has been mentioned already, but also lost the contested posessions, inside 50's against a rabble
- Ah Chee is in the negatives column this week which is probably harsh but fair for a player who does half things good and half things bad. Hard to have a player who's constantly taking almost marks, spoiling our forwards, cooking elementary handballs or missing easy set shots in the positives really. Although watching him crack in at important times and is good
- Kelly with a poor game, against sh*t opposition too. I feel his poor/serviceable/good games have been about a 30/50/20 split this year
- Cole quiet, 7 touches. Barrass 4 touches, 1 mark for an entire game. Waterman fairly invisible with 8 touches, 1 mark and no score
- I know i had him in the positives as well but i really don't see a future for Ainsworth at AFL level and hope he isn't retained. It's his 3rd season and he's pushed off the ball and monstered like a first year player. He doesn't have the skills or confidence, and is a real momentum killer. "Best clearance player in his draft" who had 3 contested possessions from his 11, 0 clearances and constantly lost his feet and went to ground in 1v1 situations
- Had low expectations but i still expected more from Foley. Figured it might be a nice and easy night out against a crap, soft team and he only touched the pill 3 times, looked fumbly and unclean below his feet, and was beaten a few times in defense. 73% TOG too.
- Petrucelle just gets worse and worse. Eventually the "he's raw, still learning" credits will run out for him. He's played 28 games now, including a couple big finals and still looks well off the pace with his attack on the footy and skills by foot. Looked better in his first 8 games than his last 20
Trade Targets:We really need to work on our midfield depth in the next few years, the cupboard is bare after Shuey (30yrs old), Redden (29yrs), Gaff (28yrs), Yeo (26yrs), Kelly (26yrs) and Hutchings (29yrs), they are our mainstays who have carried the mids for a while, and whilst they do not seem that old, the travel factor has to be added to their bodies except for Kelly. We have enough talls that we do not need to focus on that in the next few drafts.
You sound like you went for a job at WCE as a medico and got knocked back so take every available to pot shot them.Our medical team "JK has a garden variety rolled ankle. No damage done"
Also our medical team 3 weeks later: "the ankle hasn't quite come up. Subsequently, we have decided to amputate"
I am not based that far west, if I didnt have my own office back further east, i would probably in all sincerity put in a resumeYou sound like you went for a job at WCE as a medico and got knocked back so take every available to pot shot them.
I’d add Warner and Truscoe to that list and take out Powell.Trade Targets:
All currently out of contract at the end of 2021
Given we haven't drafted with a first round pick for a number of years, I would preference 1 or 2 of the above over the draft.
Cole to the forward line!I’d add Warner and Truscoe to that list and take out Powell.
Jordan Clark will be a mid but has been played as hbf at Geelong due to their depth.
Given our draft track record, I doubt we will get good mids. That said our trade record is good.
Question for the summer - can Duggan and/or Cole be given a preseason as a mid.
Working on them in an AFL game isn't helping the cause. It's almost like he's got the yips with his field kicking.How is he supposed to work on these fundamentals?
Not many, if any clubs have the depth to cover 4 to 4 of their starting mids.We really need to work on our midfield depth in the next few years, the cupboard is bare after Shuey (30yrs old), Redden (29yrs), Gaff (28yrs), Yeo (26yrs), Kelly (26yrs) and Hutchings (29yrs), they are our mainstays who have carried the mids for a while, and whilst they do not seem that old, the travel factor has to be added to their bodies except for Kelly. We have enough talls that we do not need to focus on that in the next few drafts.
Yeah we definitely did, we lost our first three games in our first hub by 44, 30 and 48 points and then beat two bad sides. In all three of those games we were terrible in the slippery conditions. Hub two, we adapted better to the conditions and lost to Tigers by 27 (but I think we gave away some cheap free kicks inside fwd 50 plus Riewaldt got a very soft in the back), beat Bombers, just lost to Dogs, beat Saints and Norf. We looked totally different, and in hub two we didn't have the personal we had in hub 1!Did we really learn how to play? Did we really adapt to QLD? I think that's questionable. We look like a 5th-6th place team in QLD while we look like a top 2 team in perth. That's the sad thing.