Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Knew someone would post this, only I thought swansfan51 would be the one
I tried to come up with something more savage, and did, but it is too harsh to post!

I happened to take this photo for an /r/afl thread, and figured I might as well throw it here as well.

I've had these since the early '90s.

The #19 was for Gareth John.

Signatures are Dale Lewis, Mark Bayes, Neil Brunton, Andrew Dunkley and Gavin Rose, with Derrick Kickett on the front.

SwC5k6B.jpg

I happened to take this photo for an /r/afl thread, and figured I might as well throw it here as well.

I've had these since the early '90s.

The #19 was for Gareth John.

Signatures are Dale Lewis, Mark Bayes, Neil Brunton, Andrew Dunkley and Gavin Rose, with Derrick Kickett on the front.

SwC5k6B.jpg
Grew up watching those blokes go around for us. Bringing back memories for me. Gavin rose was my fave player as a kid.

If you google John Longmire, the automatic photographs chosen by google are rather unfortunate.

NAB+Cup+Rd+2+St+Kilda+v+Sydney+Swans+w3e3u-WlThCl.jpg

316883-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

791364-john-longmire.jpg

Not much to pick from

Google john longmire happy and get this

FAE8FDAD-DA4C-4E85-BC5E-B83FCD181387-7716-000005CD95767B43_tmp.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It pays to know your swans players, just backed a greyhound at dapto called Columbian Flame, out of respect for Kennedys Mrs. It romped home at 25/1.
I had a date with a Columbian once. Looked like a horse and was awkward as *

are the swans strong enough now especially in Sydney to have a down year, or even a year or 2

Or would losing make us fall like the Lions?

Moving this here, threads that take potshots at our supporter base are not needed. Every club has a bandwagon element. I think we will be ok IF we continue to be a well run club, we seem to have a solid core of at least 20,000 who will turn up to every home match. The Lions fell down the ladder pretty quickly after their threepeat, while we brought in several debutants and still finished the regular season on top.

Moving this here, threads that take potshots at our supporter base are not needed. Every club has a bandwagon element. I think we will be ok IF we continue to be a well run club, we seem to have a solid core of at least 20,000 who will turn up to every home match. The Lions fell down the ladder pretty quickly after their threepeat, while we brought in several debutants and still finished the regular season on top.

Wooooah i think we have a loyal fan base

Forgive my laziness in posing the premise

Every anti swans thread is about us needing to be kept good and disloyal fans

I suspect we can rely on the majority of our fan base now personally

are the swans strong enough now especially in Sydney to have a down year, or even a year or 2

Or would losing make us fall like the Lions?

Easily.

5th last in 2009. Averaged 30k all year. Then had 31k avgs in 2010.

There's plenty of resilience. Not dissimilar to the way WCE bottomed out on the ladder while maintaining good membership numbers.

There's more than enough footy followers in Sydney that understand how rebuilds/resets work.

Memberships will keep up. But crowds will fall off.

But no team can come dead last every year like the Lions and not shed attendences. 20k+ supporters vanished from the stands in the second half if the year for the Pies just from missing finals 3 years in a row.

In Sydney that would mean crowds back around the 25k to 28k mark.

Jascinta from earlier in the year. She was in gc at the time so may have been tongue in cheek, but still.

"There’s a bit of a campaign at home – I really want Buddy to play for the Gold Coast Suns,” she told the audience at a David Jones event in the Gold Coast yesterday.

“I’m like, ‘Come on, I want to move back to the Gold Coast!’”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back