Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just happy we won in 05.

I agree that the team in 98 was underrated and should of won the flag if Kelly didn't do his knee.

I really thought we were going to win it in 2003 ... the win against all odds at Port was one of the best I've seen, and I was at the home preliminary against Brisbane and after a bad start I thought we had them on toast by three-quarter time. from memory we made up 4-5 goals to be within a kick and had all the momentum, and then Martin Pike got lucky in the last quarter (well, that's how I remember it), we seemed to hit a wall and they ran over us ... I seem to remember even a week later watching them in the GF, wondernig why it wasn't us. That GF week was one of the most hollow feelings I've had following the Swans, far worse than after the 96 GF.

I really thought we were going to win it in 2003 ... the win against all odds at Port was one of the best I've seen, and I was at the home preliminary against Brisbane and after a bad start I thought we had them on toast by three-quarter time. from memory we made up 4-5 goals to be within a kick and had all the momentum, and then Martin Pike got lucky in the last quarter (well, that's how I remember it), we seemed to hit a wall and they ran over us ... I seem to remember even a week later watching them in the GF, wondernig why it wasn't us. That GF week was one of the most hollow feelings I've had following the Swans, far worse than after the 96 GF.

If you have seen the Martin Pike interview, he says something along the lines of the Lions players were gone at 3 quarter time but they got a rev up and found something.

If you have seen the Martin Pike interview, he says something along the lines of the Lions players were gone at 3 quarter time but they got a rev up and found something.

You referrring to Pike On the Couch? Yeah, I did see it and vageuly recall something about that. I remember there was a real bubbling feeling in the crowd at three-quarter time that something special was about to happen ... and then it just didn't. I think everyone felt robbed.

You referrring to Pike On the Couch? Yeah, I did see it and vageuly recall something about that. I remember there was a real bubbling feeling in the crowd at three-quarter time that something special was about to happen ... and then it just didn't. I think everyone felt robbed.

Think it was 'Open Mike'?
That 3rd quarter was probably the first time most Swans (perhaps including the players) actually thought 'hey we can win this'.
The 4th quarter unfolded so much like the 1986 final v Fitzroy, just like a bad dream!

The '86 & '03 finals losses is the reason one of my favourite Swans moments is the '05 prelim.

Think it was 'Open Mike'?
That 3rd quarter was probably the first time most Swans (perhaps including the players) actually thought 'hey we can win this'.
The 4th quarter unfolded so much like the 1986 final v Fitzroy, just like a bad dream!

The '86 & '03 finals losses is the reason one of my favourite Swans moments is the '05 prelim.

Sorry, yeah, of course, Open Mike ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close to it, he was in the Scott Watters mould

Trying to remember where i read it, maybe paul kellys book, where it was half time in a pre season game and a few players like cressa were trying to fire everyone up and they were getting smashed and bucky walks in and all he has to offer is fellas you need to do this yourself i cant do it for you and left the room

Inspirational

but what if he doesn't we carry two low possession winning rucks who wont win the ruck battle anyway

It honestly just doesn't work we just handicap ourselfs the problem is not Pyke but Derickx if he is not rucking we really cant play him anywhere else.

Its essentially playing a man down like the Richmond game, if we had another mobile ruck who could compliment Pyke take a mark on the wing to link up play i wouldn't mind playing 2 rucks.

I still think we missed a opportunity to debut Nankervis when Pyke was out he was ripping up the NEAFL oh well.

Seriously!? It's like a default setting with commentators now. No clue....Let's nominate Sydney.

Gah. I posted in the wrong thread and was about to delete when you replied to me. :oops:

But yes. You nailed it. :D:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back