Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

For the followers of FOXFOOTY's hot plot #186
2ztqofA.jpg

I see VW have the "proudly sydney" comp on the swans site.

It's lame though, you only seem to be able to choose from a pre-determined list. I was totally going to put in:
"I am HawneyforHeeney"

It's not so much fun now.

Hawks are the only team in the top 4 with a home final, and they finished third.

You cant win the argument, apparently the MCG is the most holiest of all stadia in the whole world that we should over look the massive concessions it gives teams like the hawks, who not only play there every second week, but most players would live in and around Richmond area.

What a massive advantage leading up to a final or Grand Final. Nice long relaxing sleep on grand final night in your bed and in an environment you are comfy with which enables the mind and body to relax as opposed to spending a few nights in a foreign hotel in a shitty bed shacked up in an unfamiliar environment.

No wonder the hawks seemed so fresh as opposed to the tired interstaters they had to play who travelled from the west. Also funny that wehn the hawks had to travel..they sucked.

But hey "maaahhhhh tradition yo!" it sure beats integrity and fairness any ol day.

You cant win the argument, apparently the MCG is the most holiest of all stadia in the whole world that we should over look the massive concessions it gives teams like the hawks, who not only play there every second week, but most players would live in and around Richmond area.

What a massive advantage leading up to a final or Grand Final. Nice long relaxing sleep on grand final night in your bed and in an environment you are comfy with which enables the mind and body to relax as opposed to spending a few nights in a foreign hotel in a shitty bed shacked up in an unfamiliar environment.

No wonder the hawks seemed so fresh as opposed to the tired interstaters they had to play who travelled from the west. Also funny that wehn the hawks had to travel..they sucked.

But hey "maaahhhhh tradition yo!" it sure beats integrity and fairness any ol day.

Doesn't Sam Mitchell sleep in a hotel the night before home games?

What a 1st day for your good self

Rewatch of Saints game.
1: Macca use of the finger point will stand us in good stead when Hawks ignore the mark
2: Aliir 30 foot handballs also evident. If we can get runners onto those handballs instead of some standing flat footed to receive it will be very exciting.
3: Defenders all still awesome:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rewatch of Saints game.
1: Macca use of the finger point will stand us in good stead when Hawks ignore the mark
2: Aliir 30 foot handballs also evident. If we can get runners onto those handballs instead of some standing flat footed to receive it will be very exciting.
3: Defenders all still awesome:)

Sounds like a big Friday night at the Ticky residence!

So its been 11 years but in the context of the Toyota Ad, I thought I would bring up the 2005 GF.

West Coast supporters often site Sampi being held in the "Leo Barry, you star!" Mark. I was watching the footage. The ball was kicked in by Dean Cox who had taken a mark on the wing... or had he. I am looking for an HD version of events to confirm, because it looks like a push in the back of Jolly. So really... should have been a free to us before the ball was even kicked in.
Push in the back.JPG
The push in the back existed prior to the hands in the back rule of 2007.
"Pushes in the back are usually paid under the following three circumstances.
  • If a player pushes an opponent who has jumped to take a mark.
  • If a player on the lead is put off-balance by contact from behind with the arms of an opponent.
  • If a player in a pack or standing one-on-one marking contest is pushed out from behind, with the use of the hands."
TL.DR; We won the 2005 GF. Who cares.

It was a clear push in the back. Worked out okay tho.

Did Kizza push Clinton Young in the back in the 2012 GF???
Young tripped over his own feet :p

Reid is still trying to play finals

I reckon horse will roll the dice in the finals
The club's latest injury list has pushed Reid back to 2-3 weeks. There will be no NEAFL games so he would need to play his first game for the year in either the Preliminary Final or Grand Final, and either is taking the piss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back