Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid is still trying to play finals

I reckon horse will roll the dice in the finals

Surely just trying to get himself as fit as possible in case the unthinkable happens and we lose a handful of key position players to injury.

On 5aa yesterday morning's sport show, they had a brief chat about who Port were chasing as assistant coaches and 2 names connected with Sydney came up. One was Leigh Tudor who I know was at the Swans in 2011-13 seasons. Was he your midfield coach for all 3 seasons?

The other name was Dennis Carroll. I lived in Sydney for the best part of 18 years in the 1990's and 00's so I know a reasonable amount about Carroll but have been out of the loop the last 5 years back in SA. I know about his 20 years working at City Ford and taking on the dual role of Player Welfare and Development role and GM of your Academy at the end of 2009 to help set it up for the 2010 season. The couple of questions I have about him is;

1. Why did he drop the Academy role at the end of last year? and
2. When they say Player Welfare and Development role, do any of you know if its personal development or skills development that he is involved with? I found a story on the Swans website that says he recently flew up to Darwin a couple of weeks ago to help bring back your Irish recruit who punctured his lung in a NEAFL game. They drove home - 4,100kms and the kid from the nice green Emerald Isle when asked about the drive back said - “The landscape looked like it had been nuked,” :p

I have my doubts that Carroll would leave Sydney but 2 things say to me there might be a chance. One Koch lives in Sydney and knows some of the Swans admin staff and board very well, and two about a month ago he talked about getting people into the club who have had more than just football experience, ie worked in the real world not just gone from player to AFL assistant coach. We set up an Academy when the Power and Magpies had a full reunification at the end of 2013 and we lost our SANFL zones for the Magpies, but unlike the crows we have a team in the SANFL B grade as well. With The AFL pumping monies into the Indigenous and Multicultural Academies the Vic, SA and WA clubs will now run, I guess its a possibility he could get that gig.

Great game to watch yesterday, especially first 3/4 but that's coming from a neutral/ex Swannies member rather than passionate fan who would have been disappointed with the loss. But I will be barracking strongly for you next Saturday night. ;)

BUDDY AND JESINTA SPLIT.... Womens Day reporting that the pair is all over due to Bud being a ladies man and it will be announced after the grand final. She has been seen out and about not wearing her engagement ring.

BUDDY AND JESINTA SPLIT.... Womens Day reporting that the pair is all over due to Bud being a ladies man and it will be announced after the grand final. She has been seen out and about not wearing her engagement ring.

On the same day Brad and Angelina split too

Her Twitter/instagram feeds would suggest otherwise.

Well if that bastion of great investigative reporting Womans Day says its true, then it must be so!

Sinkers' birthday today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone been charged for a grand final ticket yet? I'm checking my account but still nothing missing. I'm a priority 3 (supporter member cause I live in SA) so I'm hoping I get a ticket!

Anyone been charged for a grand final ticket yet? I'm checking my account but still nothing missing. I'm a priority 3 (supporter member cause I live in SA) so I'm hoping I get a ticket!
Nope

Got a text this morning telling me it would be processed today

Will keep you posted

Perhaps somebody's brought this up before...but what exactly happens at these SCG Brownlow nights? obviously players invited wont go to Melbourne but do they just sit around in some board room at the SCG, watch the live broadcast and drink water and go home? Seems like a strange idea. and only those in AA get an invite? sounds like a gimmick to me.

Perhaps somebody's brought this up before...but what exactly happens at these SCG Brownlow nights? obviously players invited wont go to Melbourne but do they just sit around in some board room at the SCG, watch the live broadcast and drink water and go home? Seems like a strange idea. and only those in AA get an invite? sounds like a gimmick to me.

It is because they are playing in the Grand Final this week its not worth the extra flight or hassle.

It's always best for consistency with your preparation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back