Mega Thread Potential future father-son selections

Remove this Banner Ad

If they are AFL standard there is no reason not to, they're already at a 20% discount and after the first round the discount only increases further.
Apparently, they are AFL standard.
2019 draft?
Or next year?
Wonder if we have the selections to use if other teams are interested.

Apparently, they are AFL standard.
2019 draft?
Or next year?
Wonder if we have the selections to use if other teams are interested.
2018 draft.

Are they all going to nominate next year though ;)

Maybe get one of them to nominate a year early... so Wells can take them as an under ager.... Like Hartman and Hayball were....

Get them greener and cheaper with the long view...

Makes it easier on us...

Go Catters

How could it pan out for us?
Scott seems most unlikely.
Brownless 17 next year.
Mensch the same.
Would we take 2 in one draft?

They are all 2018 draft i think. If they are all afl standard take them all in one hit like gws will do with their academy players this draft and go into deficit on 2019 points if need be.

Does anyone know where abouts they sit ability wise? Any first round quality in that mix coming up the next two years??
All I know is that Brownless was captain of the Vic Country u16s this year... so currently he clearly is reasonably rated

Does anyone know where abouts they sit ability wise? Any first round quality in that mix coming up the next two years??
From my understanding Brownless is a likely first round selection.

All I know is that Brownless was captain of the Vic Country u16s this year... so currently he clearly is reasonably rated
Never seen Brownless play but being named Captain doesn't, obviously, mean automatic draftability (is that even a word??).

Jake Johansen captained SA to the 2014 U18 Div. 1 Title and made the All-Australian team that year.

Couldn't even get drafted as a rookie.

A guy close to Vdubs heart in Ben Cavarra captained Eastern to a premiership, was joint winner of the Morrish Medal and was a Vic Metro rep in 2013.

Didn't get a sniff despite winning the B+F at Eastern two years running (Sam Mitchell and Rory Sloane the only others to do that at Eastern) and then backed it up at VFL level by taking out Frankston's B+F two years in a row.

George Horlin-Smith is highly regarded as a leader, I reckon we know what many people think of him as an AFL player.

Of course, being a F/S option I hope Brownless being named Captain bodes well for Geelong. ;)

Like all our potential Father-Sons we'll keep eagle eyes on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could it pan out for us?
Scott seems most unlikely.
Brownless 17 next year.
Mensch the same.
Would we take 2 in one draft?

What sort of player is Scott and Brownless? Mid, forward, defender?

What sort of player is Scott and Brownless? Mid, forward, defender?
Brownless will end up playing as a tall midfielder. 185cm at the moment and still growing.

Cats have chosen to nominate Simpson as a Rookie Father Son selection meaning he is available to anyone to select on draft night and we can't match.
Some of our decision making this past couple of years leaves a lot to be desired if he doesn't fall through. This kid can play.

Some of our decision making this past couple of years leaves a lot to be desired if he doesn't fall through. This kid can play.

I think its pretty likely he will fall through as he is small and has missed lots of footy with injury and recruiters tend to discriminate against short guys. So we should still get him as a rookie. I agree its an interesting selection.

I think its pretty likely he will fall through as he is small and has missed lots of footy with injury and recruiters tend to discriminate against short guys. So we should still get him as a rookie. I agree its an interesting selection.
It's a surprising and risky choice because I personally know a few people within Falcons ranks who rate him extremely high.

It's a surprising and risky choice because I personally know a few people within Falcons ranks who rate him extremely high.

Not micky turner? He thinks every falcons player is the next ablett jnr.

Not micky turner? He thinks every falcons player is the next ablett jnr.
Not Micky Turner. He's a recalcitrant...

Lower level Falcons as in under 16's - Brownless and Mensch company - who still know what they're talking about in regards to the 'bigger' boys.

Not Micky Turner. He's a recalcitrant...

Lower level Falcons as in under 16's - Brownless and Mensch company - who still know what they're talking about in regards to the 'bigger' boys.

Personally i rate him but he is physically slight and short. Most recruiters dont tend to pick those guys til the rookie draft as they are risky prospects so theres a good chance thats where he goes.

Personally i rate him but he is physically slight and short. Most recruiters dont tend to pick those guys til the rookie draft as they are risky prospects so theres a good chance thats where he goes.
Matthew Hayball?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back