Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean it can’t hurt our chances

but realistically, they grew up in Melbourne, dad still plays. Both sons had been hawthorn supporters growing up. All friends are there, honestly can’t see them coming to us unless they’re like best mates with Trent and Jace.

surely no one wants to wear brown?

Last I heard, Shaun and his family are very much Hawthorn in that they basically don't consider him an ex Port player at all.

Silk was never a Port player. This is fake news.

Can't access the link but if it's about the school move, Stephanie Wanganeen assured us this was purely a schooling decision.
Wanga concurs with his ex .....

A small-forward, Tex can kick just as well on his left foot as he can on his right foot after being taught by Gavin when he was young. The Brownlow Medal winner and Port Adelaide’s inaugural AFL captain, said in August Tex’s move to Melbourne was nothing to do with footy.

Tex Wanganeen training at Alberton as a 14-year-old in 2018. Picture: DYLAN COKER.

Tex Wanganeen training at Alberton as a 14-year-old in 2018. Picture: DYLAN COKER.
Gavin Wanganeen in action for the Bombers in 1995.

Gavin Wanganeen in action for the Bombers in 1995.

“If he was here (in SA) he’d be doing the Port academy stuff, which he loved and he enjoyed the Sturt program,” Gavin said. “I always try to encourage Tex to concentrate on his education because that’s long-term, whereas football is short-term. “There’s no pressure on him whatsoever and it doesn’t bother me if he chooses to do something else.Tex does barrack for Port, but has said he has a soft spot for the Bombers.

“After the (2004) premiership, he was there (on the MCG), so he obviously loves Port,” Gavin said. “It’s probably fair to say he likes both teams but he’s more heavily sided with Port – I played 10 years with the Power and a smaller amount of time at Essendon – but that’s entirely up to him.”

Port Adelaide also has access to Jase Burgoyne, son of club great Peter, as a father-son prospect in 2021.

Blayne O'Laughlin and Preston Cockatoo-Collins. Anyone know anything about those kids?

Blayne is the nephew of Micky O. Back pocket type, similar to Johncock but shorter. Hes only 174cm-ish from memory. Looks like a mid-late nga option for Adelaide.

Dont know about CC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blind Freddy could see what the bummers are doing re young Tex... get him to a great school in Melbourne (probably paid for by them)... stick him in the James Herd Academy (cough). The pressure on him to sign with them would be immense. We'd be next to no chance.

As robbo1981 put it ... fu** Essendon

I mean, were he decide to play for a club with the recent history of the Bombers, then he probably is not the kind of person we want here anyway. Good luck to him.

Tex Wanganeen moved to Melbourne from Adelaide in February after receiving an Indigenous scholarship at Xavier College

Of course he is going to take it, and of course Essendrugs will see it as a golden opportunity to get their claws into the lad.

The bigger issue though, is he good enough to get drafted? Sadly 2020 was going to be the year to take a good look, but was washed out for him. So he will make interesting watching through 2021.

Watch junior Burger come back to Adelaide when he finishes playing ,. In my opinion he’d be the ideal person to head up the Academy

Absolutely zero chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back