Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

A representative match for Essendon District Football League it was.

EDFL

Best on ground in Game 1 as well.
I was at that game, wouldn’t say he was tagged though. Was very impressive as was Koby Bewick who is Essendon FS. Both are looking like very early picks at this stage, only issue with Tevita is if he has peaked physically but if he continues to grow and develop then look out.

I was at that game, wouldn’t say he was tagged though. Was very impressive as was Koby Bewick who is Essendon FS. Both are looking like very early picks at this stage, only issue with Tevita is if he has peaked physically but if he continues to grow and develop then look out.
Cheers ... We expect you to continue with your scout reports next year 😉

Seriously but.. all info welcome... Ty.

Jase Burgoyne hopes to play with younger brother and 2024 draft prospect Rome at Port Adelaide​

Rome Burgoyne is an elite 2024 draft prospect and has been described as the most talented of his brothers. Older sibling Jase hopes he and Rome can emulate their dad and uncle at Port.

Port Adelaide wingman Jase Burgoyne hopes to emulate his dad and uncle as teammates with his younger brother.

The Power has access to Rome Burgoyne as a father-son prospect in the 2024 national draft because of his dad Peter’s 240 games for the club.

Peter and younger sibling Shaun were Port teammates from 2001-09, featuring in the 2004 premiership together.

Jase, who had played 13 games in two seasons at the club, told this masthead he and his brothers Rome, 17, and Trent, 22, all wanted to play for Port as children.

“It’d be good to try to repeat the success of dad and uncle Shaun with Rome, but obviously it’d be hard to do that,” Jase, 20, said.

“It’d be a pretty good achievement for the family to have us both playing here.

“Hopefully we could run out at Adelaide Oval together.”

1701388209640.png

Rome, who plays half-back, half-forward or midfield, is expected to train with the Power later in pre-season.
Jase said his younger brother was tracking well.

“He’s a bit more stocky, big-bodied, a bit stronger at his age than I was and he can probably play a bit more inside (midfield) than me,” he said.

“His fitness isn’t as good as what it could be, so I’ve told him he has to work hard.

“When he comes out here it’s a whole another ballpark, so he needs to be switched on and be in shape, and be doing everything right.”

LINK

'Dad and uncle Shaun' won one (1) premiership here my man. Hopefully it's not that much of an unattainable achievement for you and Rome to do that at some point in the next decade. Although Hinkley will probably still be coaching us when Rome retires, so maybe it is.

So it looks like we are going to getbshafted by the father son rules again with Tregenza's son being eligible for Adelaide but not Port despite playing 100 games for each (due to the 1997 cut off date).

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think the cut off date was removed but it doesn't really matter as his games for Port were in the SANFL which would have required 200 games for the father son rule to be a possibility for us.

I think the cut off date was removed but it doesn't really matter as his games for Port were in the SANFL which would have required 200 games for the father son rule to be a possibility for us.

Youre right. Its not the 1997 cur off date

We should have actually fought to make it 100 Port Adelaide SANFL games rather than 200 random SANFL club games.

Youre right. Its not the 1997 cur off date

We should have actually fought to make it 100 Port Adelaide SANFL games rather than 200 random SANFL club games.

We should have

Maybe we did ask?

I do know the crows and sanfl wouldn’t have let us as the crows didn’t have access to natural f/s at the time.

There’s no way they would have wanted the optics of us having that access when the crows didn’t

I understand we tried years ago but as league football did not exist outside of Victoria our request was refused.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mate knows Peter Burgoyne Snr very well. At the crows trial game at Alberton a few weeks ago, he said he had been talking to Peter a couple of weeks earlier, and that Peter said Rome is the best of Peter's 4 boys and he reckons one of his 3 girls will play AFLW. I think he said the eldest, who is a teenager.

My mate knows Peter Burgoyne Snr very well. At the crows trial game at Alberton a few weeks ago, he said he had been talking to Peter a couple of weeks earlier, and that Peter said Rome is the best of Peter's 4 boys and he reckons one of his 3 girls will play AFLW. I think he said the eldest, who is a teenager.

#7 is available in the AFLW

Where is Ky playing this year? Last I heard he wasn't a strong chance to be picked up by either us or Hawks.
Not sure about this season, but last season he split his time between West Adelaide and Henley's juniors.

Rome, Ky and Louie all with high possession counts in R1 U18s.

Benny Barrett, mid range.

Camporeale boys standouts.
Gill Wakelin and Ben Francou (both 2025 draft) also played 18’s on the weekend. Father-son’s look like heavily shaping our next two drafts. Perhaps more with volume than any standout top pick.

On Benny Barrett, am I correct in saying he’s only available to us after pick 40?

Gill Wakelin and Ben Francou (both 2025 draft) also played 18’s on the weekend. Father-son’s look like heavily shaping our next two drafts. Perhaps more with volume than any standout top pick.

On Benny Barrett, am I correct in saying he’s only available to us after pick 40?
Next 3 drafts:
2024 - Louie Montgomery
2024 - Ky Burgoyne (also FS eligible for Hawthorn)
2024 - Rome Burgoyne
2024 - Oliver Francou

2025 - Jake Bishop
2025 - Ben Francou
2025 - Darcy Thurstans
2025 - Gill Wakelin (also FS eligible for St Kilda)
2025 - Charlie Wilson
2025 - Tom Wilson

2026 - Raphael Cornes
2026 - Louis Salopek
2026 - Nate Tredrea
2026 - Tevita Rodan
2026 - Percy Burgoyne (also FS eligible for Hawthorn)

Butting in but aren't Salopek and Rodan for 2027?
There are 4 Rodans!
Loius Salopek 2027 correct
Salopek says Louis is a “mad Port Adelaide supporter, crazy, even a die-hard” while Max supports Geelong having been “brainwashed by (Salopek’s) mother-in-law and brother-in-law.”

There are 4 Rodans!
Loius Salopek 2027 correct
Salopek says Louis is a “mad Port Adelaide supporter, crazy, even a die-hard” while Max supports Geelong having been “brainwashed by (Salopek’s) mother-in-law and brother-in-law.”
Sounds like poor fathering by Steven. Never let the in-laws influence a young child. I would have disowned mine if they'd became crows supporters.

Would like to see Lou Montgomery going though the midfield this year.

Still think he's a good 2nd round pick but there's better than him that didn't get drafted last year. Really do want to see him do more than run off the wing or half back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back