Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok things make sense now. Heard Brett Montgomery be interviewed on SEN about 3 weeks ago re his coaching at GWS being Kingers assistant. He moved to GWS after Kingers got the job, in October 2022. Think Kane interviewed him.

He said he lived near the beach and then talked about his family still being in Adelaide, and the way he talked it didn't sound like he was divorced, but talked about how much he loves Adelaide. So obviously Louie's potential AFL career is part of the reason why he is living away from the family.

Sounds like poor fathering by Steven. Never let the in-laws influence a young child. I would have disowned mine if they'd became crows supporters.

Mate, some mother-in-laws are relentless…. Then they recruit their daughters and it’s all over….

But my boy will always have been a Port member before my mother-in-law thought she would be “helpful”.

Not a father son eligible player but dougie Cochrane is playing for u16s centrals. Played in the u16 nga showcase game. Listed as 191cm.
Saw a Jack Leys listed as well for Port NGA. Assume it’s Brian’s son? Quick Insta stalk suggests he’s a Tigers fan, makes sense given his dad played over 100 games for them.

Does NGA trump Father/Son rights? Assuming he’s good enough.

Saw a Jack Leys listed as well for Port NGA. Assume it’s Brian’s son? Quick Insta stalk suggests he’s a Tigers fan, makes sense given his dad played over 100 games for them.

I think some of those fathers sons are in our NGA but not father son eligible. I assume Leys falls into this category. Can't see why he would be NGA.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

NGA doesn’t mean we have nga access to them. It’s just an academy to help develop kids.
Will verrall was a nga player linked to port for instance.

Which is why I always laugh at fans of the expan teams telling us what reason is there to develop players in the region if they aren’t tied to the club. Port and the crows have been doing it for decades. Likely other clubs as well.

Does anyone have a list of FS and NGA potentials this year?
2x Burgoyne
Montgomery
Francou (are there 2?)
Benny Barrett
Gillon Wakelin

Can see a Philippou, Cochrane and Borlace amongst other names in the U18s

Does anyone have a list of FS and NGA potentials this year?
2x Burgoyne
Montgomery
Francou (are there 2?)
Benny Barrett
Gillon Wakelin

Can see a Philippou, Cochrane and Borlace amongst other names in the U18s
F/S

2024 - Louie Montgomery
2024 - Ky Burgoyne (also FS eligible for Hawthorn)
2024 - Rome Burgoyne
2024 - Oliver Francou

2025 - Jake Bishop
2025 - Ben Francou
2025 - Darcy Thurstans
2025 - Gill Wakelin (also FS eligible for St Kilda)
2025 - Charlie Wilson
2025 - Tom Wilson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F/S

2024 - Louie Montgomery
2024 - Ky Burgoyne (also FS eligible for Hawthorn)
2024 - Rome Burgoyne
2024 - Oliver Francou

2025 - Jake Bishop
2025 - Ben Francou
2025 - Darcy Thurstans
2025 - Gill Wakelin (also FS eligible for St Kilda)
2025 - Charlie Wilson
2025 - Tom Wilson
Looks like Gill and Ben are already playing U18s as underagers.

What’s wrong with his kicking action!
Looks horrific

Looked odd when he was deliberately hitting up short passes, but more conventional when he was kicking long.

Would like to see a set shot, but if it works it works?

I think Nick Blakey had his choice of three clubs. FS eligible for Brisbane (via Fitzroy) and North, while also eligible for the Swans academy.

Looked odd when he was deliberately hitting up short passes, but more conventional when he was kicking long.

Would like to see a set shot, but if it works it works?

Yep. Anyone who remembers Paul Northeast knows he had one of the most awkward kicking actions and yet it was extremely effective.

Ben Cousins was eligible to be drafted by both West Coast and Geelong father son. The player just gets to choose.

Including the choice to refuse and go into the draft (ie, Marc Murphy).

Has another son in the Eagles U14. Good kid and a good young player. Brian will be the first one to tell you just how good as well...

There was a Morris? I think who was eligible FS for both Port and Richmond about 10 years ago. He chose Richmond.

He was one of the GWS “pre listings” and was traded to Richmond as a 23 year old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back