Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

Che Cockatoo-Collins son, Preston has been named in the QLD u15s indigenous side to compete at the diversity champs in Sydney next month. He's a super quick, half forward with great agility and foot skills. 15YO this year I believe. Plays for Morningside in Brisbane. All game to be lived streamed I'm led to believe. Should be a link on the AFLQ website around 13 April (to 19th).

http://www.aflq.com.au/u15s-male-diversity-championship-teams-announced/

Che Cockatoo-Collins son, Preston has been named in the QLD u15s indigenous side to compete at the diversity champs in Sydney next month. He's a super quick, half forward with great agility and foot skills. 15YO this year I believe. Plays for Morningside in Brisbane. All game to be lived streamed I'm led to believe. Should be a link on the AFLQ website around 13 April (to 19th).

http://www.aflq.com.au/u15s-male-diversity-championship-teams-announced/

Che only played 75 games for the Power.

They live on Straddie.... who cares about footy! :D
Interestingly, North Stradbroke Island falls under the Lions' academy zone and South Stradbroke Island falls under the Suns' academy zone. Having said that, I think there's only one rugby league club between the two islands and no Aussie rules clubs so you're probably right in saying the locals most likely don't care about sport that much.

Oh well. It's very unlikely we'll see another Cockatoo-Collins play for Port Adelaide any time soon.

Interestingly, North Stradbroke Island falls under the Lions' academy zone and South Stradbroke Island falls under the Suns' academy zone. Having said that, I think there's only one rugby league club between the two islands and no Aussie rules clubs so you're probably right in saying the locals most likely don't care about sport that much.

Oh well. It's very unlikely we'll see another Cockatoo-Collins play for Port Adelaide any time soon.

North Straddie is home to the mighty Straddie sharks RL club. Both juniors and seniors. Don't think south straddie, is very populated.

The Rugby League club has produced some fantastic talent largely from the local Indigenous community. However, The world class surfing, fishing and laid back island lifestyle, sees not too many of them get past junior RL.

Preston will have his chances to get into the academy, I have no doubt about that. Having talent AND the 'Cockatoo-Collins" name will ensure he will be watched closely. And good luck to the boy. Fantastic kid by all accounts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Che managed 85 for Essendon as well. Therefore, if the Cockatoo-Collins family stays in Brisbane then Preston will no doubt be academy drafted to the Lions if he's good enough.

I would be livid if the son of an afl player gets academy listed. It’s certainly not what the academies are for up there. I think syd actually already have added a son a former north player to their academy. So stupid.

From the drafts board

Taj Schofield is the standout West Australian prospect at this stage. Hes performed well as an inside midfielder thus far for Subiaco and has trained at Port Adelaide during the pre season. Was the only WA player named All Australian at u15 level and will be a big chance to represent his state at u16 level later this year.

Port Adelaide have a very strong father son crop for 2019 also. Jackson Mead looks really good as a prospect in the midfield and is arguably the most unlucky player to miss AIS selection after the u16s. Trent Burgoyne, son of Peter, also looks promising and will be interesting to track over the coming years.

I would be livid if the son of an afl player gets academy listed. It’s certainly not what the academies are for up there. I think syd actually already have added a son a former north player to their academy. So stupid.

John Blakey's boy, Nick. Who is also eligible for Brisbane via Fitzroy.

His dad is also obviously an assistant coach at the Swans, which is another layer of wut.

So many bogan names...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rundle Arcade, 1970. Herb and Beryl flick through the Births and Deaths section of the Powertiser.. "Matthew.. David.. Paul".. tsk-tsking at all the bogan names

Surely the player would have the option of getting father son selected still. I'm sure academy players still have to declare their allegiance prior to the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back