Training gallery 9th December .......

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/gallery/2016-12-09/training-december-9

481234-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

481209-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

481239-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

481194-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

481202-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg
Hard not to get excited by this
We now got talented talls - just wait till they bulk up a bit more :)

Seriously, Jones, if you had taken the time to watch in his first couple of seasons with the 'dogs, showed talent and
potential similar to Tom Lynch. Unfortunately, he seemingly believed that he had "made it" by simply getting a game.
The tired "explosive beast" quotes that appear on hear are pathetic. The bloke had videos showing his pre-season
workouts in his first year, which excited the rank and file.

He obviously does not, historically, apply the same effort to his running, preferring to lag along doing the bare
minimum. The weight loss mentioned, and the (again) positive reports leave me with a little hope that he may
finally realise his potential.

I like your style Coona. Is it ok if i disagree on Jones tho? I honestly think with his AFL life on the line, he will try his utmost but ultimately lacks confidence. With Carlton developing and having a weak fwd line, it is just hard for him.

How I look at Jones. He has been in the system a lot of years (2008 draft). He has been at two clubs dying for a KPF. He has tried hard many a time and can look good on occasion (he can look a goose as well). 8 years in the system for 2-3 good games a year is a bit of an indictment. I do see him trying hard though.

Like my view on god. I'm not a believer at all..but if something changes and evidence presents itself, I'm open-minded enough to change. I have a sharp eye so will give him a looksee if he can make the first team.

AS im sounding negative on a Carlton player which makes me look s**t, could I finish with, I really rate Silvagni coming through. His runs from half fwd through the midfield were football intelligent. I like the look of young Curnow so far and really hold out hope for Mckay.

Ok not to like how a player goes about it, skill level or fitness. Not ok to call players names etc.

If you can back up what you are saying with examples and keep negativity to behaviours rather than play the man, all is good. We can agree to disagree as long as there is enough respect shown for opinions because everyone is allowed to have one.

Two highlights:

- Walker has a new hat
- Thomas looks like a normal person

Seriously though all look lean and mean. Lots of game practice by the look of it.

Would love to go and watch.

Oh, that's right.

if Jones is fit and ripped and doing what's asked AND picked his game up a bit he could hold a low $ spot. He's still youngish and does have strings to his bow.

As Coona say, he's not best 22 but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could be best 32 and not all contending teams have champs in every position. Is he as good as Mitch Morton? A forward, delisted from two clubs but played a role on the big day.

If Jones has shed 10 kgs, that puts him at about 90kgs using his listed weight, but I assume it's more like 93-94.

None of our main talls are light except Jaksch, especially when you can see the senior guys are dropping their playing weights right around the league to keep mobile.

In fact, you'd struggle to name a tall that would weigh in over 103-105 kg that doesn't play full time ruck. It's pretty much Dixon, Grundy, Cloke, Buddy and Levi, and Cloke has supposedly lost 6 or 7 kgs, Buddy and Grundy supposedly shed a few last year and I'm sure Dixon will also follow suit (which begs a few questions about what we're trying to do with Levi).

I don't think we'll see many of our young talls get much heavier, just shift body composition. The only exceptions I see to that are Kerr and McKay.

fmd, think my life will not end knowing for an amount of time, some training is done in private.
First world problems.
First world problems
Get over it
Get used to it
Move on

One of these things is just like the other ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how much difference there would be in Jones' performance if he was given the same leniency as Casboult, with regards to poor form. If Jones was guaranteed a season in the firsts he'd be a vastly different player. I thought he had some good matches this season and some continuity would help him immensely. Maybe some patronised confidence in him (ala Levi) wouldn't be such a bad thing?

looks like bombers are muscled up quick;).our skinny boys will be thrown around again(if they can catch us)

Dont exclude the possibility of many of them being at it again. This time though it will be individual or groups of players driving it.

I don't believe for a second that crap the Pies dished up as an excuse for the Clenbuterol Two.

I reckon it's well entrenched at a few clubs.

I wonder how much difference there would be in Jones' performance if he was given the same leniency as Casboult, with regards to poor form. If Jones was guaranteed a season in the firsts he'd be a vastly different player. I thought he had some good matches this season and some continuity would help him immensely. Maybe some patronised confidence in him (ala Levi) wouldn't be such a bad thing?

Don't you need to show some glimpses of form to be given that opportunity?

Dude last year they trained every day they were there,morning sessions over by 11am....around 3 hrs .ps i used to work across the road so it was like i was part of the family that week.

Can you let me know if its seems to be the same. Could come down with the puppy on thurs, then head to the test. * ya

Remove this Banner Ad

Back