Training Pre-season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood FC‏Verified account @CollingwoodFC

Reporting for duty. Great commitment from Levi Greenwood + Chris Mayne who take the field a week before their expected return to training. #FOREVER

DOfAiBFUMAA_dKP.jpg

Mayne needs it after a Shocking Rookie Season at Collingwood

Mayne needs it after a Shocking Rookie Season at Collingwood
I think his body is done, once you lose that yard of pace it's over no matter how much you train or what you eat

Hopefully I'm wrong and he steps up but if he's really done then he needs to accept it and make the appropriate arrangements

Last edited:

I think and hope that this is just a bit of a wind up. 3 mins slower? Doubt that very much.
Taken from Neil’s training report:

1. Tom Phillips 6:08
2. Josh Smith 6:09
3. James Aish 6:36
4. Rupert Wills 6:41
5. Brayden Maynard 6:42
6. Brayden Sier 6:48
7. Tom Langdon 6:52
8. Jackson Ramsay 7:00
9. Matthew Sharenberg 7:00
10. Mason Cox 7:01
11. Darcy Moore 7:04
12. Josh Daicos 7:05
13. Sam McLarty 7:17
14. Kayle Kirby 8:05

Kirby less than a minute behind McLarty, so the dude on Twitter was taking the piss, he might have been lapped by Phillips/Smith though.

Two other tidbits, Ramsay appears to be training still, so may have been told we’ll rookie him, and Sier came in only a few seconds behind Maynard, which is brilliant given he’s never done a full preseason before iirc.

I think and hope that this is just a bit of a wind up. 3 mins slower? Doubt that very much.

He was 2 minutes slower than Tom Phillips who won the trial.

Not too bad, pretty sure he barely completed it last year and was throwing up not long after.

Spoilsport...but if he's kicking goals no one will 'play him off a break'...

Yeah, Jetta is 1 of the better offensive defenders but he wasn't prepared to give him too much space round 23. Has some x-factor and won't need too many opportunities to make opponents nervous. I think he'll improve his endurance but will always be more a burst athlete.

He was 2 minutes slower than Tom Phillips who won the trial.

Not too bad, pretty sure he barely completed it last year and was throwing up not long after.
A little bit off track here but a while ago I posted something to you regarding the spinning top on your avatar.
At the time I had a mental blank and for the life of me I couldn't remember what they were called so I searched "things that spin" in google images, saw a few photos of spinning tops and clicked on them to remember what they were called.
Anyway since that day, whenever I log onto Big Footy in the ads section I get ads from companies trying to sell me spinning tops.
I can assure you there are some exquisitely made spinning tops out there. Engineered to almost perfection each with their own serial number.

A little bit off track here but a while ago I posted something to you regarding the spinning top on your avatar.
At the time I had a mental blank and for the life of me I couldn't remember what they were called so I searched "things that spin" in google images, saw a few photos of spinning tops and clicked on them to remember what they were called.
Anyway since that day, whenever I log onto Big Footy in the ads section I get ads from companies trying to sell me spinning tops.
I can assure you there are some exquisitely made spinning tops out there. Engineered to almost perfection each with their own serial number.

And they say Big Brother isn’t really watching...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taken from Neil’s training report:

1. Tom Phillips 6:08
2. Josh Smith 6:09
3. James Aish 6:36
4. Rupert Wills 6:41
5. Brayden Maynard 6:42
6. Brayden Sier 6:48
7. Tom Langdon 6:52
8. Jackson Ramsay 7:00
9. Matthew Sharenberg 7:00
10. Mason Cox 7:01
11. Darcy Moore 7:04
12. Josh Daicos 7:05
13. Sam McLarty 7:17
14. Kayle Kirby 8:05

Can't polish that turd

Can't polish that turd
What were you expecting? That he would magically overtake guys with a much higher fitness base than him in a single offseason?

What were you expecting? That he would magically overtake guys with a much higher fitness base than him in a single offseason?
Yes magic that's it exactly, I was envisioning incantations, vibrating ancient Hebraic names of God that would indelibly imprint on the egregore of the astral matrix, impregnating it with potential, aligning the electromagnetic matrices for all the right atoms to drop into and produce a magically fit footballer o_O

Yes magic that's it exactly, I was envisioning incantations, vibrating ancient Hebraic names of God that would indelibly imprint on the egregore of the astral matrix, impregnating it with potential, aligning the electromagnetic matrices for all the right atoms to drop into and produce a magically fit footballer o_O
You've been reading too much shite

Haha.. that gave me a chuckle!

Love me some spinning top chatter!

Haha.. that gave me a chuckle!

Love me some spinning top chatter!
I have a little dreidel
I made it out of clay
And when it's dry and ready
Then dreidel I shall play.

Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
I made it out of clay
Oh, dreidel, dreidel, dreidel
Now dreidel I shall play.