Pre Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

i expect Budarick , Sharp, Farrar , Mclennan ,Rosa all get to play some AFL games this year.

I would have said none, maybe Mclennan and Sharp.
Sounds like Sharp more likely though.
I think is better test them out early and see what they can do, Leslie and scrimshaw is a great example of NEAFL football fail.

The AFLW plays Richmond at 4.10pm next Sat at Metricon.

Gold Coast SUNS v Richmond Tigers

Where: Metricon Stadium
When: Saturday 15 February
Gates Open: 3.30pm EDST
Game Starts: 4.10pm EDST
Admission: FREE!

AFL Practise Match
There will be an AFL practise match from 7pm following the AFLW game

Last edited:
The AFLW plays Richmond at 4.10pm next Sat at Metricon.

Gold Coast SUNS v Richmond Tigers

Where: Metricon Stadium
When: Saturday 15 February
Gates Open: 3.30pm EDST
Game Starts: 4.10pm EDST
Admission: FREE!

AFL Practise Match
There will be an AFL practise match from 7pm following the AFLW game
You don't have to go to the AFLW game though from what I've been told.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been rewatching some 2019 games the last few weeks and we weren’t that bad in most games.

bring on 2020

Christ we were unlucky in those Essendon and Melbourne games.

Not saying the criticism of our team at times is unwarranted - but the way the media carry on you’d think we were awful

Christ we were unlucky in those Essendon and Melbourne games.

Not saying the criticism of our team at times is unwarranted - but the way the media carry on you’d think we were awful

I would say that it most mostly down to inexperience and lack of true on field leaders that lead to those losses.
There is no way a Geelong or West Coast lose in those exact situations.

Why not though? It's free entry and you can support the women in their first ever home game! :D
No reason at all - but there's quite a gap between games so not everybody will have the time. I'll be checking out the U16s in the morning and then the main game in the evening. Be interesting to see how the girls go though against Richmond. Crowd will be interesting for both games I think and an indicator for the season ahead.

No reason at all - but there's quite a gap between games so not everybody will have the time. I'll be checking out the U16s in the morning and then the main game in the evening. Be interesting to see how the girls go though against Richmond. Crowd will be interesting for both games I think and an indicator for the season ahead.
I'd like to see the U16's play the AFLW team

THE Suns have confirmed their gun draft crop will take centre stage in this weekend’s practice game against the Brisbane Lions.
Gold Coast will play the Lions on Saturday at Metricon Stadium from 4.10pm in a free event to be held following the club’s historic first AFLW home game against Richmond.

The two clubs will play four full quarters of football and will each roll out 30 players for the clash.

Gold Coast football manager Jon Haines confirmed fans were likely to see their top draft picks playing against an opponent for the first time.
Among them is no. 1 and 2 draft picks Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson, Sam Flanders, Jeremy Sharp and Jy Farrar, Connor Budarick, Matt Conroy, Malcolm Rosas, Patrick Murtagh and Irishman Luke Towey.

Among those unavailable for selection are injured group Mitch Riordan (ACL), Wil Powell (knee), Jack Hombsch (ribs), Charlie Ballard (shoulder), Jarrod Witts (foot) and Rory Thompson who is working his way back from an ACL injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back