Pre-season is nearly here!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by RaDaR ReiLLy
He's so clumsy! How could anyone not see a pot hole in the ground? :rolleyes: *shakes head*
Aidan Parker reckons that Radar was trying to be a bit of a hero and emerge as the leader of the pack in the 7.5 km run and he rolled his ankle. He started screaming like he was shot. Apparently boys gave him a bit of a stick after it especially seeing that he made the noon news.:p

Parker was also approached by 6-7 AFL clubs to enter the draft so they could pick him up but he decided to stay with us on the rookie list. Now thats what I call loyalty. :D

Parker, reckons that Jacob Schuback is flying this pre-season in all the running and skill work. He reckons Schuey will be a VERY good player for us. Reilly should commence tommorrow.

Scott Stevens is settling in well but he can't believe we are doing 7 km runs. He reckons if you do something bad in sydney they punish you by sending you on a 4 km run.:p Poor bloke thinks he is doing something wrong:p

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
Aidan Parker reckons that Radar was trying to be a bit of a hero and emerge as the leader of the pack in the 7.5 km run and he rolled his ankle. He started screaming like he was shot. Apparently boys gave him a bit of a stick after it especially seeing that he made the noon news.:p

Parker was also approached by 6-7 AFL clubs to enter the draft so they could pick him up but he decided to stay with us on the rookie list. Now thats what I call loyalty. :D

Parker, reckons that Jacob Schuback is flying this pre-season in all the running and skill work. He reckons Schuey will be a VERY good player for us. Reilly should commence tommorrow.

Scott Stevens is settling in well but he can't believe we are doing 7 km runs. He reckons if you do something bad in sydney they punish you by sending you on a 4 km run.:p Poor bloke thinks he is doing something wrong:p

I suppose this is all coming from James Fantasia right?

It does sound a bit stupid that Brent got injured because of a pot hole... When he got in the car on crutches all the guys were waving and laughing at him..rather funny actually. He wouldve got a lot of sh i t for it. :p
Brent wasn't trying to be a hero. He's just naturally talented with speed!!! :p He's always in front of the pack! The other guys can only dream of being him... :p

Scotty Stevens looked totally stuffed after the run. What a lovely welcome for him. :)

Originally posted by RaDaR ReiLLy
I suppose this is all coming from James Fantasia right?
Nah. Parker was on 5AA today when I was driving home from uni. Had a bit of a laugh.:)

From his interview you could draw the conclusion that they gave Radar plenty of stick and they are not about to ease up:p

Nah. Parker was on 5AA today when I was driving home from uni. Had a bit of a laugh.:)

From his interview you could draw the conclusion that they gave Radar plenty of stick and they are not about to ease up:p
Aww they gotta ease up at some stage. Its a funny and stupid thing to have happened, but they gotta give the guy a break :( . :p

Strange, I would have thought the Swans were one of the fittest sides in the comp. :confused:

Originally posted by DaveW
Strange, I would have thought the Swans were one of the fittest sides in the comp. :confused:

It makes you wonder doesn't it. I remember lat year that Ronnie Burns couldn't get over all the running that Adelaide did by comparison to Geelong - especially the runs up to Windy Point.

Originally posted by DaveW
According to Parker, Stevens reckons that the training programs are very different. The longest runs they did in Sydney was 4 km. I think the longest we did before this season was 5.5 km but they did a 7.5 km run yesterday and did a 8km run today. Thats some serious running. I just hope they are not pounding the pavement as this could lead to a lot of stress fractures.:(

Schwerdty reckons thats just about the major difference between last year's and this year's program. We are running longer disatances. 8km on a 30 degree heat. That some serious stuff.

Now that I think about it, I recall last pre-season the Swans spent a day doing a hundred 100 metre sprints. (or something like that) With intervals of varying length between each sprint.

A bit different to a long run I guess.

Maybe that had something to do with Sydney's ability to run games out til the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by macca23
It makes you wonder doesn't it. I remember lat year that Ronnie Burns couldn't get over all the running that Adelaide did by comparison to Geelong - especially the runs up to Windy Point.
Ronnie is still having nightmares of Mt. Lofty.:p

As far as our fitness goes, we can't really complain but our skills let us down a fair bit especially delivery to the forward line.

If Scott Stevens thinks the running is tough, just wait till Charlie Walsh brings out the bikes! They have warned him about those bike rides up the hills they havent they? :p

I think Radar Reilly is a bit too obsessed with Brent Reilly...ugh.

As for these runs...having suffered shin splints myself, I actually think they're a bit stupid, I mean what we need is bulk on our players - all our bloody spindles like Bassett, Steven, Stevens II, Parker, Bock etc etc etc really need to put some damn muscle on, and instead they're doing 8km runs when our fitness has never been in question?

Originally posted by spindoctor

As for these runs...having suffered shin splints myself, I actually think they're a bit stupid, I mean what we need is bulk on our players - all our bloody spindles like Bassett, Steven, Stevens II, Parker, Bock etc etc etc really need to put some damn muscle on, and instead they're doing 8km runs when our fitness has never been in question?

Can't disagree about the need to put some muscle on these young talls.

I couldn't help but think when they were showing vision of them at training the other day that they looked like running point posts.

A bit of extra muscle certainly wouldn't go astray.

Hell, I've got bigger arms than some of those blokes and that's just leftover from the days I was doing weights training.

How the hell are we going to negate Lynch/overcome Michael with blokes whose arms are half the width of theirs?

I agree to a degree but they have to maintain (and improve) their fitness base. Running is not much fun but it is a crutial part of pre-season training. I do agree our boys need to get into the gym and I am sure with the new weights program we will see our boys get bigger over the next couple of years. It won't happen over night but it will happen:p

I think Radar Reilly is a bit too obsessed with Brent Reilly...ugh.

Well I think spindoctors a little too obsessed with the ' mr tough guy Mt Lofty run ' image. :rolleyes:

It really annoys me when people such as yourself come on bigfooty to post because they think they know everything a professional footballer has to endure. :eek: :rolleyes:

Hell, I've got bigger arms than some of those blokes and that's just leftover from the days I was doing weights training.

How the hell are we going to negate Lynch/overcome Michael with blokes whose arms are half the width of theirs?

Hear hear!

GET OUR KEY DEFENDERS IN THE WEIGHTS ROOM NOW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back