Game Day Pre-Season - West Coast vs Adelaide (Fri)

Remove this Banner Ad

You have got to give credit to Nicks, he has made all the selection changes that BF asked for last year
I wonder if he'll thank us when he's on the podium collecting the cup?

Anyone else getting Port Power vibes at the moment? March premiers, baby

Its a better feeling than the last 3 years at least

How long it lasts is in the players hands.
It was always going to take a few years before we see the players development come through. The forward line look elite, midfield is looking very promising, defense is a worry with the stall development of Butts, Doedee and Hamill (both due to injuries) and we need to get Thilthorpe to lead our ruck ASAP.

It was always going to take a few years before we see the players development come through. The forward line look elite, midfield is looking very promising, defense is a worry with the stall development of Butts, Doedee and Hamill (both due to injuries) and we need to get Thilthorpe to lead our ruck ASAP.
With an improved/ more dynamic mid and Hinge attempting to emulate the best things about the skipper, I think we can be comfortable with Dawson down back this year. He is a massive need, even if he is wasted a little compared to where he might play if he was in the Melbourne or Sydney team.

With an improved/ more dynamic mid and Hinge attempting to emulate the best things about the skipper, I think we can be comfortable with Dawson down back this year. He is a massive need, even if he is wasted a little compared to where he might play if he was in the Melbourne or Sydney team.
In terms of building our next list to contend for the premiership, we will need them to recommence their development or our defense is looking more shaky than we thought our midfield was a few years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

except doing something about ruck!!!
Interesting bit about ROB in the Weagles trial from the Mongrel Punt site, which brings home that ROB is costing us goals…

He had another couple of instances where Reilly O’Brien had a clear opportunity to take a grab in this game, but bobbled the ball and lost it. These are the moments that prevent him from becoming an A-Grade ruck. One of these instances cost the Crows a goal, with Jack Petruccelle earning a free kick from the ensuing ground level contest after ROB fumbled.

Last edited:
Watched the replay yesterday.

Geez Hinge was good.

He has a bullet like pass that nearly always laces out to his team mates.. makes great decisions, good mark, sticks his tackles, loves using his speed to break lines..

People joke, and I have in the past, that he can become Dawson the 2nd..

But he really has shown some very promising signs over the last few weeks..

And Dawson has a year in age on him and over 60 games more experience.

Mitch still has a heap of potential development left in him..

Its a better feeling than the last 3 years at least

How long it lasts is in the players hands.
I smell a glorious Gold Coast Suns' style 3-1 first month of footy

Himmelberg has shown he can play at a high level but is still very inconsistent, if he had kick 2 of those 3 set shots then he would have had a good game. Will be an adequate replacement when Walker retire if he can improve on his consistency, him and Gollant will be competing for this tall forward position.
Himmelberg is not replacing Walker

Himmelberg is not replacing Walker
I meant Himmelberg will "adequately" take Walker's position in the forward line when he retires if he can improve his consistent, Fogarty will be replacing Walker's class in the forward line. So which other current KPF do you have beside Gollant pushing for this spot in the next 1-2 year? Thilthorpe will be developing into the elite ruckman leading our ruck by that time.

Last edited:
Watched the replay yesterday.

Geez Hinge was good.

He has a bullet like pass that nearly always laces out to his team mates.. makes great decisions, good mark, sticks his tackles, loves using his speed to break lines..

People joke, and I have in the past, that he can become Dawson the 2nd..

But he really has shown some very promising signs over the last few weeks..

And Dawson has a year in age on him and over 60 games more experience.

Mitch still has a heap of potential development left in him..

Probably a tad too optimistic to get to a Dawson 2.0 level. I doubt Mitch has much, if any development left. He's not getting bigger and probably isn't getting quicker or fitter which is really where the vast majority of development. He might refine a little, but I think it's more likely he's another Keays type then a bonafide jet to build around.

And there is no insult in that phrasing whatsoever. Both are very good lads to have populating the mid to lower parts of a lineup. They play difficult roles to be consistent in pretty well (wing, mid-forward), can pinch hit in more important roles when needed, and both have the right qualities a contender wants seeing both have no qualms getting their hands dirty or putting themselves in danger. Pretty handy pick ups for free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back