AFLW PRELIMINARY FINAL v Brisbane, Saturday 2 April, 12:40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Prelim time baby! And at the mother ******* MCG! Entry will be free so get around it if you're in Melbourne. Should be a great game, Brisbane are very good and not being at the wind tunnel (although I would feel slightly more confident of us grinding out a win there) should enable both teams to play some good footy.

The VFLW team flogged the Saints, with Parry, Gay, West, Lampard and Tarrant playing and doing well. I'd consider Parry in for Scott, but otherwise don't think we'd have any changes from v Carlton. The two week break will be interesting too, we'll certainly be fresh but hopefully don't start slowly.

Surprised we beat them last time after looking like complete s**t for the first half. Cant afford a repeat of that and expect to win again.

Should be playing this at Casey, not worth playing it at the MCG if it’s not another Victorian team or a GF.
The first 6 words of your sentence are something I never expected to hear from anyone, ever

Not feeling confident about this, after such a long layoff, then coming back into finals footy, and at another venue. I would rather play at Casey, for our form.

Tenacity and composure a must from our girls, to have a chance IMO.

Ive lived o/seas a while hence not familiar with AFLW but know it gets huge media and MFC website coverage.
If its free admission who is paying the enormous cost of renting grounds not to mention the MCG.
The Prelim is at the MCG. And free entry. No ticket?
Who is paying for all of this?
I hope MFC isnt.
To me it looks like an extravagence that post covid may not be viable.

Ive lived o/seas a while hence not familiar with AFLW but know it gets huge media and MFC website coverage.
If its free admission who is paying the enormous cost of renting grounds not to mention the MCG.
The Prelim is at the MCG. And free entry. No ticket?
Who is paying for all of this?
I hope MFC isnt.
To me it looks like an extravagence that post covid may not be viable.
Most likely the AFL.

There's a reason Jeff Kennett backflipped on Hawthorn's position on Women's Football. It's a massive growth area for the game and is becoming increasingly important for sponsorship opportunities.

Most likely the AFL.

There's a reason Jeff Kennett backflipped on Hawthorn's position on Women's Football. It's a massive growth area for the game and is becoming increasingly important for sponsorship opportunities.
Not to mention plenty of mum's allowing they're kids play AFL in the future.
Women's footy is a growth area across all codes, so it would be stupid not to have a flourishing AFLW; getting the nations best women to play our game.

And at the home of Australian sport. Pretty good 'add', for young girls and women.

This is not a home ground . Only 2 of our squad has played on the "G" , how is that a home ground advantage ? . Hope the women love the experience , but this is not a home ground advantage .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 2 of our squad has played on the "G"
Not that it makes any difference but just for the record...

Daisy Pearce, Lauren Pearce, Paxman and Harris are the current Dees to have played at the G in the exhibition games. For the Lions there is Bates, Anderson and Koenen (plus the injured Lutkins and unavailable Wuetschner).

Tyla Hanks and Courtney Hodder also played there for Vic Metro and WA respectively in a 2016 youth girls match.

OK ,i get it. Mothers wont let their sons play unless theyre daughters play as well. Welcome to the 21st century.
No boys - no future AFL.
Pretty simple maths..lol
Its going to be interesting to see how many people turn up on Sat.
Not convinced its a commercial winner.

Not that it makes any difference but just for the record...

Daisy Pearce, Lauren Pearce, Paxman and Harris are the current Dees to have played at the G in the exhibition games. For the Lions there is Bates, Anderson and Koenen (plus the injured Lutkins and unavailable Wuetschner).

Tyla Hanks and Courtney Hodder also played there for Vic Metro and WA respectively in a 2016 youth girls match.
As a team we haven't played there, so there is virtually no home ground advantage for us.
This is why we need as many supporters to get there, as we can muster.

If you wake up earlier, you can see the Demons reserves (Casey) take on Collingwood VFLW at Olympic Park Oval - 10am bounce.

Or you can watch it on VFLW.TV (with WARFRadio.com commentary) on the train to the 'G.

Teams for the VFLW game...

COLLINGWOOD
B63. G. Ricardo72. K . Lee
BH76. N.Weston5. N.Hales88. N.O'Connor
C71. H.Bowey56. M. Neal35. J. Lin
HF32. E Chaston61. N.Dojiok21. J Membery
F19. B Smith58. K.Colborne-Veel
R92. S.King28. O.Meagher91. D. Hallett
INT64. S. Camilleri60. G.Master99. M. Emond
51. M. Zander53. D Pedersen
EMG74. E. Wroe73.O.Storer57. A Kane

CASEY DEMONS
B12. A. Brown22. S. Wales
BH30. R Grant16. B Woolcock4. L. Magee
C18. E. OConnor33. A. Dowler38. A. Kirkwood
HF31. T. Fellows19. J. Parry15. C. McCrossan
F52. K. Petrevski36. G. Campbell
R46. M. Caris20. B. Tarrant45. M. Hogg
INT37. B. Bochard25. M. Harasimiuk32. T. Reiter
28. S. Rummel8. S. Fairchild
EMG23. Z. Mitchell27. A. Laing

Couldn't give a stuff about the off feild stuff, just keen to see a good contest tomorrow and hopefully a red and blue win

Also Selected sides are out

Result wise I'd prefer Casey. It'd be a ******* atrocious game, probably wind up winning 2.12 to 1.8 or something, but we'd grind out a win there.
But hopefully the G keeps the elements mostly at bay and we see a good, skilled game.
I know it was against a depleted freo but their skills at optus were immaculate. Under similar conditions at the g, we replicate that, makes me feel confident.

I see Casey weather has turned up at the G . Seem to be getting outnumbered at the contest . Going to be a nail biter I think .

she is easily a better left foot kick than Jayden Hunt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back