A Section Premier Section 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Went down to watch OH today wonder how the comp feels about them having so many unregistered players playing under false names. Especially when one decided to go over to the OB coaches box and try and instigate a fight saying "I'm not registered I don't care" interesting viewing from the canteen area

Went down to watch OH today wonder how the comp feels about them having so many unregistered players playing under false names. Especially when one decided to go over to the OB coaches box and try and instigate a fight saying "I'm not registered I don't care" interesting viewing from the canteen area
They're pretty rubbish so i don't think the comp cares too much. They won't be in Premier next season anyway.

They're pretty rubbish so i don't think the comp cares too much. They won't be in Premier next season anyway.
Rubbish is your club captain and vice-captain going overseas on a mid year holiday whilst your team slogs its guts out on a mud heap- what an absolute piss take.

Rubbish is your club captain and vice-captain going overseas on a mid year holiday whilst your team slogs its guts out on a mud heap- what an absolute piss take.
SKOBAFL got done on the biggest mud heap of all as their Captain jetted off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not the first or last time this will happen at a VAFA club.

Also, just on the weekend's game I was at, I was shocked at how Uni Blues seemed to wither away after half time against Collegians. The bigger bodies of blues just couldn't handle the pace and pressure from the lions all day, and this seemed quite evident in the second half with blues having very few entries inside their forward half that weren't picked off by Sofronidis or McCleary. Hibbins played his best game of the year and Mirra kicked four, as did Greene, in a really good strong all round team performance. Our reserves are winning again and competition for spots in the senior side seems to be tight and hard to come by, which is a sign of a good footy club.

I'm looking forward to playing Caulfield this week before the Big V game bye and to see how our boys will go. Go lions!

Also, just on the weekend's game I was at, I was shocked at how Uni Blues seemed to wither away after half time against Collegians. The bigger bodies of blues just couldn't handle the pace and pressure from the lions all day, and this seemed quite evident in the second half with blues having very few entries inside their forward half that weren't picked off by Sofronidis or McCleary. Hibbins played his best game of the year and Mirra kicked four, as did Greene, in a really good strong all round team performance. Our reserves are winning again and competition for spots in the senior side seems to be tight and hard to come by, which is a sign of a good footy club.

I'm looking forward to playing Caulfield this week before the Big V game bye and to see how our boys will go. Go lions!
I admire your club Mike, you guys are $1.01 favourites, you deserve all you get in footy, and your mob is doing everything right.

I admire your club Mike, you guys are $1.01 favourites, you deserve all you get in footy, and your mob is doing everything right.
Mr P. MO is very loyal and passionate about our Club. We all have our ups and downs. I do appreciate your kind words about the Lions.
We do try very hard to get good quality people with character into our Club. Flag favs?....only time will tell.

Mr P. MO is very loyal and passionate about our Club. We all have our ups and downs. I do appreciate your kind words about the Lions.
We do try very hard to get good quality people with character into our Club. Flag favs?....only time will tell.
Correct FF, we are a loyal and strong club. It is fantastic to see the brand of football we are playing in 2023 and it's a real testament to the players and coaches.

As we all know, premierships are not handed out in April or July or even August, and footy in September definitely goes up a notch or two that's for sure.

We just need to keep playing good footy and keeping our list healthy. I noticed Lachie Ferguson had his calf on ice in the second half on Saturday, but we have a really strong small brigade that will help cover Ferg's absence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back