A Section Premier Section 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope Hampton Rover who also has lots of mates at old Brighton. Can tell you while the offer may have been too good. There's a way to handle yourself especially after the way he preached this year but good luck to him
Fair enough....I suppose he has been waiting for this gig for a while now, but timing never was quite right.

Nope Hampton Rover who also has lots of mates at old Brighton. Can tell you while the offer may have been too good. There's a way to handle yourself especially after the way he preached this year but good luck to him
FWIW who was he preaching to when half the club was in Europe pissing their finals chances up against the wall?

FWIW who was he preaching to when half the club was in Europe pissing their finals chances up against the wall?

Didn't seem to worry Hutchy the year before when he used over 60 players and got them to a gf. He also knew like the club did of the exodus. Will be a good thing for the club anyway. Did them a favour.

Well that was a lot more one-sided than I think anyone would have picked.

Biggest winning margin since 1930, and even that was looking shaky at one point with 10 minutes to go.

Congratulations to Collegians!

And that's me signing off, so long guys, it's been a good 16 years with the moderator button, I'm outta here.

Be good and play nicely ;)

Wow wee!! Absolutely smacked them! Wonderful 😂.

Congratulations to all involved, in delivering on the final day on what has been a great season for the men in purple.

Chump 🏆

Some of the best footy i've seen in a long time today (by Collegians). Collegians were a tier above the competition this season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the best footy i've seen in a long time today (by Collegians). Collegians were a tier above the competition this season.
Have to admire Collegians. A co-ed school which (by APS standards) does not generally field strong school teams. Their U19s generally frequent he lower grades, they don’t seem all that well supported and from my observations seem to run by a handful of stalwarts yet somehow they always find a way to compete. To dismantle such a talented SKOB team shows their class. I think that’s 9 Premier GF’s in 15 years (13 years if you remove the 2 COVID non seasons). Only 3 flags in that time but to keep making the big dance deserves respect.

Have to acknowledge SKOB. 5 grand finals in the last 5 completed seasons. Remarkable effort in such a strong comp.

Having watched B grade all year the difference in class between A and B is substantial and seems to be growing wider. St Bernards (unbeaten all year in B grade seniors and reserves) well placed to compete but will need to recruit to mix it with the top end.

Have to admire Collegians. A co-ed school which (by APS standards) does not generally field strong school teams. Their U19s generally frequent he lower grades, they don’t seem all that well supported and from my observations seem to run by a handful of stalwarts yet somehow they always find a way to compete. To dismantle such a talented SKOB team shows their class. I think that’s 9 Premier GF’s in 15 years (13 years if you remove the 2 COVID non seasons). Only 3 flags in that time but to keep making the big dance deserves respect.

Have to acknowledge SKOB. 5 grand finals in the last 5 completed seasons. Remarkable effort in such a strong comp.

Having watched B grade all year the difference in class between A and B is substantial and seems to be growing wider. St Bernards (unbeaten all year in B grade seniors and reserves) well placed to compete but will need to recruit to mix it with the top end.
Collegians have always been a top ammo side, considering that this is now Premier flag number 18, to go along with being runner's up 16 times. That's 34 appearances in the top flight GF, which is 14 more appearances than the next club (OX). But it was only 20 years ago we were in C grade (and lost the C grade GF to Beauy by 50 pts back in 2003).

It's amazing that we can continue to churn out consistently talented teams considering we're never the strongest APS team. It's a credit to the club for having built such amazingly strong ties to the school that it always felt like a natural progression to play at Collegians once school had finished.

Collegians have always been a top ammo side, considering that this is now Premier flag number 18, to go along with being runner's up 16 times. That's 34 appearances in the top flight GF, which is 14 more appearances than the next club (OX). But it was only 20 years ago we were in C grade (and lost the C grade GF to Beauy by 50 pts back in 2003).

It's amazing that we can continue to churn out consistently talented teams considering we're never the strongest APS team. It's a credit to the club for having built such amazingly strong ties to the school that it always felt like a natural progression to play at Collegians once school had finished.
Well, done and well deserved

That’s quite amazing considering Collegians we’re in C Grade back then, to get back to A Grade and stay there very impressive

That’s quite amazing considering Collegians we’re in C Grade back then, to get back to A Grade and stay there very impressive
Well not the game SKOB wanted. Threatened ever so briefly in the 2nd qrt and then it was all one way traffic. Essentially over as a contest early in the 3rd. OC just too clean and skilled. Some of the coast to coast goals in the 2nd half of the 2nd qrt were breathtaking. Best side of year wins the premiership.

And that's me signing off, so long guys, it's been a good 16 years with the moderator button, I'm outta here.
Do you intend to take the Long Service Leave in a lump sum or spread over the six months?;)

Also, a tad disappointed you didn't give Bedford a Day Off as a parting gesture, just for old-time's sake.:rolleyes:

Enjoy the serenity.

Well Done Wesley. Huge win.

Shout out to all the Premiers this year:
A Grade Seniors - Collegians
A Grade Ressies - Old Xavs
Premier U19 - Old Xavs
Premier Thirds - Old Xavs
Thirds Div 1 - Old Xavs
Thirds Div 2 - Old Xavs

Well done to all!!

Well Done Wesley. Huge win.

Shout out to all the Premiers this year:
A Grade Seniors - Collegians
A Grade Ressies - Old Xavs
Premier U19 - Old Xavs
Premier Thirds - Old Xavs
Thirds Div 1 - Old Xavs
Thirds Div 2 - Old Xavs

Well done to all!!
Wow. Didn't realise the Xavs year. Surely the seniors season looks like more of a disaster given what must be incredible depth.

Wow. Didn't realise the Xavs year. Surely the seniors season looks like more of a disaster given what must be incredible depth.
OX will always have incredible depth, which always puts them in contention in the lower levels and 19's. However it doesn't always translate where it's needed most though, and that's the best 22 at the club.

OX haven't played in a GF since 2016, which is now the longest stint they've gone without a GF since the early 90's.

Well not the game SKOB wanted. Threatened ever so briefly in the 2nd qrt and then it was all one way traffic. Essentially over as a contest early in the 3rd. OC just too clean and skilled. Some of the coast to coast goals in the 2nd half of the 2nd qrt were breathtaking. Best side of year wins the premiership.

OK, so I am biased but that performance yesterday was one of the best skilled, played and executed games you will ever see.
I think Colls won in every position. Skobs were probably sore and battered from the Uni game earlier, but their 2 matches during the season were both won by Colls quite easily.The win yesterday shouldnt have surprised, but the margin and ease? probably.
Ending with a whinge...the umpiring was appalling. They dont protect the ball player, happy to allow a "a pile on" then ball it up.
L Fergy would have kicked 10+. if they had any ticker and Why oh why do they continually place themselves looking into the sun...
Not hard to umpire with the sun on your back.....Anyway enough of that. ......A great reward to a great Club.....Go Lions in "24"...

OK, so I am biased but that performance yesterday was one of the best skilled, played and executed games you will ever see.
I think Colls won in every position. Skobs were probably sore and battered from the Uni game earlier, but their 2 matches during the season were both won by Colls quite easily.The win yesterday shouldnt have surprised, but the margin and ease? probably.
Ending with a whinge...the umpiring was appalling. They dont protect the ball player, happy to allow a "a pile on" then ball it up.
L Fergy would have kicked 10+. if they had any ticker and Why oh why do they continually place themselves looking into the sun...
Not hard to umpire with the sun on your back.....Anyway enough of that. ......A great reward to a great Club.....Go Lions in "24"...
Umpiring was very ordinary. There was one deliberate out-of-bounds call that was just insane. Hibbins kicked it quickly out of a contest in the centre and it goes out of bounds down near the 45, and i think it was the non-controlling umpire that ran in and paid the free.

Worthy winner Collegians. Best team all year and got it done when it mattered. Great result for outgoing Pres too! Rocket has been around a long time and liked seeing the photos of him with the cup. Brilliant reward for a long serving volunteer!

If Donati rumours are true the Xavs v Brighton game should be a ripper next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back