Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I felt watching that vid that Bev has taken the nice guy outfit off and is expecting a higher level of competition on the track as players fight for spots and creating a more ruthless culture.

His father figure routine is morphing into a harder task master as blokes mature and the expectations internally rise.

Reinforced this view on SEN today.

Yeah I was thinking “hinder” but r e t a r d was the verb that best expressed what I wanted to say so I deliberately left it as is (and as a form of protest😉)

It's pretty sad when you can't use a word in its proper context

Yeah Luke was pretty direct with his views this morning. He was absolutely gushing about Naughton's pre season and acknowledged that he would be an AA CHB if given the opportunity but seems set on playing him forward. It's a real dilema, as our one weakness is CHB and we do seem to have some tall forward options at our disposal now.

Luke is backing Ryan Gardner in for CHB above Cordy and Young, so I am going to have to 'try' to get on board. I don't see it yet, but obviously he is doing something right so I am going to be positive for the first few weeks anyway. Maybe he can shave the 90's goaty and get himself a cool new hair cut - perception is reality !

Hope the view that Luke seems to have a harder edge with the players this year filters through to everyone (Bruce, Gardner, JJ, Richards etc) !

Yeah Luke was pretty direct with his views this morning. He was absolutely gushing about Naughton's pre season and acknowledged that he would be an AA CHB if given the opportunity but seems set on playing him forward. It's a real dilema, as our one weakness is CHB and we do seem to have some tall forward options at our disposal now.

Luke is backing Ryan Gardner in for CHB above Cordy and Young, so I am going to have to 'try' to get on board. I don't see it yet, but obviously he is doing something right so I am going to be positive for the first few weeks anyway. Maybe he can shave the 90's goaty and get himself a cool new hair cut - perception is reality !

Hope the view that Luke seems to have a harder edge with the players this year filters through to everyone (Bruce, Gardner, JJ, Richards etc) !
Pretty blunt on Dunkley as well. Doesn’t sound like he’s in form. Hope his value doesn’t tank this year.

Just heard that Luke Darcy is our new Director of Football. What is Chris Grant's role now?
Not a fan of this. Another leader who's only experience is playing at the club. No new ideas or IP from other clubs. No experience in the role or any similar roles. Probably not enough clout to actually achieve anything.

Not a fan of this. Another leader who's only experience is playing at the club. No new ideas or IP from other clubs. No experience in the role or any similar roles. Probably not enough clout to actually achieve anything.
He picked our current coach 😀

Its not really new - he joined the board last April
1614764325844.png

Saints might give us some more trouble this season. They are quick and spread very well. Our midfield will need to be right on their game to beat them. Journeyman Shaun McKernan looks another good pick up for them.

Saints might give us some more trouble this season. They are quick and spread very well. Our midfield will need to be right on their game to beat them. Journeyman Shaun McKernan looks another good pick up for them.

Saints definitely got us beaten on the spread. In reality our ability to spread from a contest is probably a bigger weakness than our key backs. JJ, B.Smith, Vandermeer, and Bont all keys here for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints definitely got us beaten on the spread. In reality our ability to spread from a contest is probably a bigger weakness than our key backs. JJ, B.Smith, Vandermeer, and Bont all keys here for us.
Agreed. Treloar and even West will help here too. West is gonna surprise I think. He’s got a bit of toe and his nous in a contest is impressive. Just needs to find his feet at the level. Williams another one whose good at this. We’ve got the personnel but it just hasn’t really clicked, I think we just need to settle into our game and stop chopping and changing every part of the field and it will come naturally

Has anyone heard anything about a new rear of jumper sponsor and above number sponsor? Surely by going to the effort of moving the FFC to the front of the jumper they had someone lined up. It would be disappointing to see the guys to play again with the jumpers with a clean back especially as this upcoming game is being televised.

Has anyone heard anything about a new rear of jumper sponsor and above number sponsor? Surely by going to the effort of moving the FFC to the front of the jumper they had someone lined up. It would be disappointing to see the guys to play again with the jumpers with a clean back especially as this upcoming game is being televised.
There was something about an “Afl opportunity” at the top of the guernsey. No idea what that means. I didn’t take that as something exclusive to us though.

Agreed. Treloar and even West will help here too. West is gonna surprise I think. He’s got a bit of toe and his nous in a contest is impressive. Just needs to find his feet at the level. Williams another one whose good at this. We’ve got the personnel but it just hasn’t really clicked, I think we just need to settle into our game and stop chopping and changing every part of the field and it will come naturally

Not sure about West's cruise speed...

Watching the Aints highlights Hill bursts and is able to hit targets at high speed without getting tackled.

JJ is the only player on our list that comes close to that.

I would think Treloar will assist in this area also.

Keep an eye out for L. McNeil he may assist also

Watching the Aints highlights Hill bursts and is able to hit targets at high speed without getting tackled.

Haha yeah Minus hitting the target part

West is more the first couple of steps out of the contest, I think that’s more important in the modern game tbh. But yeah I was shocked we didn’t have a go at Hill when his name was being thrown up. He would be absolutely electric on a wing for us.

Not a fan of this. Another leader who's only experience is playing at the club.
... and running a hospitality empire. Business experience is valued in the role.

I don’t think anyone can say for sure that it was or wasn’t him.

It appeared to be from someone very close to Josh Dunkley, very defensive of him, and someone who wanted him to get a big paycheck.

He then disappeared and hasn’t returned.

Not hard to suspect it was Andrew Dunkley.
Didn't someone on here do a psuedo investigation and come up with a Mrs. Dunkley theory?

Didn't someone on here do a psuedo investigation and come up with a Mrs. Dunkley theory?
The investigation was shut down quickly but I was able to catch a glimpse of the findings before the files were burnt in the Whitten Oval pothole.

The poster was Kevin Dunkley - the non-athletically gifted 4th sibling, who due to being so disappointing at sports is kept chained in Andrew's basement and made to defend his illustrious siblings on social media.

The truth is out there.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back