Moved Thread Pressure mounts on Dockers to give Woodside sponsorship the heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

One way to look at companies like Woodside is they are evil.

Another, they support our way of life, including providing light at Freo training and night matches.

Another way is supporting companies like Woodside transition over the next 50 years to have a larger and larger green footprint, will make far more difference to the globe than anything else.

Personally I don't like to point the fingers at companies like Woodside for consumers choices. If you have a car, a computing device, eat food or wear clothes; it is a huge chance your supporting Woodside or competitors products.

A lot of this vibe in the final part of your comment. People have to participate in society as it is currently established. Someone owning a mobile phone or a car doesn't mean they're a hypocrite in wanting more renewable energy and more considered mining.

whnuvoh4od031.jpg

You would expect so if it were to carry any weight.

Nonetheless, given Fremantle has surpassed 60,000 members this year, if they were ALL members, that would be 13% of their membership base.

'The vocal minority'...
Anything over 10% is generally considered material...

What are the Dockers thinking? They have a duty of care to their members imo.

'The Fremantle Dockers are under increasing pressure to ditch their $2 million sponsorship deal with oil and gas titan Woodside, with an 8000-strong petition presented to the club’s headquarters on Monday.

Woodside has sponsored the Dockers since the 2010 season with the current deal due to expire in October.'

Again .....
It's tainted money like pokies revenue imo. There's the carbon emmissions plus the Indigenous lands they destroy which woukdn't sit well with the Indigenous players and supporters I imagine.
Thats a typical east coast inner city claim.
You need to make yourself aware before letting your fingers do the talking, though I doubt you would go there willingly so try Our History | Carey Group Holdings

See Larry Kicket, an indigenous member of the WAFC 2011 - 2017:
&/or

It's tainted money like pokies revenue imo. There's the carbon emmissions plus the Indigenous lands they destroy which woukdn't sit well with the Indigenous players and supporters I imagine.
Don’t Richmond still have pokies and have profited from destroying peoples lives?

A lot of this vibe in the final part of your comment. People have to participate in society as it is currently established. Someone owning a mobile phone or a car doesn't mean they're a hypocrite in wanting more renewable energy and more considered mining.

whnuvoh4od031.jpg

Agreed, to some point.

If that person then decides to run 4 pieces of technology constantly, turns their electric heater on if the temp goes below 20, turns their A/C on if the temp goes above 20, buys and electric car, buys an electric bicycle, installs smart appliances all through their house and runs them non-stop, leaves the lights on in their house non-stop, installs Christmas lights on their house and leaves them on for 4 months of the year and then just generally increases their power consumption year after year, then I think that's when we have a problem.

Welcome to the society that we live in, increasing demand of power by the masses who then abuse those who are supplying the power and regulating it all.

It would actually be quite funny if it all wasn't so serious.

Pretty sure its you as a consumer who is doing all the damage.
Agree. I do have to laugh at the virtue-signalers that come out in threads like this one. They're still happy to drive around in their cars and use products made from oil.

Dans 15 mill still left 30 mill missing in the end. Rising interest rates on terrible loans also means that 15 mill hasnt gone very far either.

Fairly likely by this time next year they will have a federal govt bailout.

Heard suggestion Bankwest would step up to sponsor Freo :oops: : this Bankwest?

CBA faces $212m provision hit on Bankwest restructure and compensation scheme​

Hang in there Freo :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of glass houses around here. There wouldn’t be one team without money coming from a polluter or home wrecker. The AFL is accepting millions from gambling, TV revenue is accepting millions from every dodgy source including miners and companies making bank from miners.

When someone has a club that has a clean sheet, including the AFL money I will sit up and listen.

They are taking the money off them not giving it to them, it’s good until you said Woodside was their sponsor I would have had no idea. Let them give them more
Money it’s fine taking it off them.

Also it’s like Pat Cummins big stance on the Australian cricket sponsor, then you watch and it’s Qantas as their main sponsor haha that’s super green !

One way to look at companies like Woodside is they are evil.

Another, they support our way of life, including providing light at Freo training and night matches.

Another way is supporting companies like Woodside transition over the next 50 years to have a larger and larger green footprint, will make far more difference to the globe than anything else.

Personally I don't like to point the fingers at companies like Woodside for consumers choices. If you have a car, a computing device, eat food or wear clothes; it is a huge chance your supporting Woodside or competitors products.

What part of what's happening all over the planet with rising temperatures and climate catastrophes makes you think we have anything LIKE 50 years to get real about this kind of thing? We are at the point where even immediate action is only going to limit the damage done, with that mentality there will be nothing left to salvage.

What part of what's happening all over the planet with rising temperatures and climate catastrophes makes you think we have anything LIKE 50 years to get real about this kind of thing? We are at the point where even immediate action is only going to limit the damage done, with that mentality there will be nothing left to salvage.

I see you've not seen PR in action before.

At what point will you get dinkum, i.e talking, talking ....

A petition of 8000? Probably not enough for the club to sit up and take notice, given they would have at least 20 times that amount of supporters.

How keen are companies to sponsor an AFL team theses days? I just assumed they could easily get another big sponsor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back