Proof that Eddie McGuire is "hopelessly conflicted"

Remove this Banner Ad

What do people actually want here? For Eddie to come out and argue Sidebottom should have got a 12 month ban?
A "we're disappointed in Steele and his actions"

Instead of "we're proud of him and here's a range of weak excuses."

Or maybe "As I've said previously actions like Steele's are unacceptable and we have made it clear we support the AFLs stance"

Eddies Leadership!
Steroids - check
Racism - check
Sexual assault - check
Nepotism - check
Shady ground deals - check
Covid crap - check
Fixed ure and Friday night love fest - check
Workaround salary cap - check

Nothing to see here! Oh and you must wear what he tells you even though he changed his Guernsey and can’t be arsed with a proper clash.

He is a blight on the SPORT!
But he makes the big wigs money so can do what he likes.

What do people actually want here? For Eddie to come out and argue Sidebottom should have got a 12 month ban?
Well he put the twelve months out there, did he not? Or was that his doppelgänger on Footy Classified prior PRIOR to Sidebottom stuff up?

Its bizarre, it's so obvious he's a total and utter FW re being so hypocritical but still tries to pretend only he understands what's going on...
I mean FFS, even a flog like Darcy can see it for what it is!

Darcy: “And then these things inevitably happen Ed at various stages and I suppose what people have taken umbrage with you over the weekend is that they think you have a different set of language around a Collingwood player than you do around other players in the competition, rightly or wrongly.”

McGuire: “That’s OK and I totally disagree with that and I think that’s not the situation.”

Has anyone in the media actually asked him face to face why he tried to BS what realy went on with SB, yet he virtually attacked geelong re Stevens and insisted they needed to tell all?
What did happen with Stevens, was it not front page news??

Well he put the twelve months out there, did he not? Or was that his doppelgänger on Footy Classified prior PRIOR to Sidebottom stuff up?
No no no that was Eddie McGuire the host, not Eddie McGuire the President.
Eddie the President can't be held to be responsible for what Eddie the host says

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not saying things like "the only guy without sin was nailed to a cross" or "if you cure cancer but then get a parking ticket, the media will focus on the ticket"

It's not even debatable that Eddie McGuire is a massive hypocrite. It all depends on whether you take him seriously (and I certainly don't any more). But plenty in the media still seem to. I'll certainly credit his work at Collingwood, using his profile and help digging them out of the hole they were in at the end of the 90's. But in the last 5 of so years he's all but undone whatever good work and goodwill he's done for Collingwood and football in general. He behaves like someone who is drunk with power, and increasingly fragile ego and hyper-sensitive to any form of criticism.

Even my Collingwood mates (the sane ones) can't stand him. Putting any tribalism aside, if you're a rational and sentient person, you'd percieve Eddie McGuire to be little more than a narcissistic bully and hypocrite (and you'd be right).

I can’t believe him. Commentating on St Kilda game, the topic of Liverpool winning came up. Straight away, he went, “oh, Liverpool won in 1990. Maybe that’s an omen”. Jeez, can you leave your team out of it when they aren’t even playing in the game!!

It's not even debatable that Eddie McGuire is a massive hypocrite. It all depends on whether you take him seriously (and I certainly don't any more). But plenty in the media still seem to. I'll certainly credit his work at Collingwood, using his profile and help digging them out of the hole they were in at the end of the 90's. But in the last 5 of so years he's all but undone whatever good work and goodwill he's done for Collingwood and football in general. He behaves like someone who is drunk with power, and increasingly fragile ego and hyper-sensitive to any form of criticism.

Even my Collingwood mates (the sane ones) can't stand him. Putting any tribalism aside, if you're a rational and sentient person, you'd percieve Eddie McGuire to be little more than a narcissistic bully and hypocrite (and you'd be right).

He's been gradually transforming into the AFL's very own version of Trump. Constantly talking sh*t that later on bites him in the arse that then prompts him to go on a vituperative offensive unashamedly arguing that he didn't say what he clearly said or was taken out of context or some other half-arsed excuse that only a one eyed Collingwood fan would swallow.

The guy is so far up his own arse is not funny.

Last edited:
Sexual assault charge - De Goey
Some bender mid-season with no doubt more scandalous details - Sidebottom
Betting on games - Stephenson
Drugs - Murray

Going a bit further back

Racism - Lumumba
Drink driving causing damage and fleeing - Didak & Shaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back