Politics Pros and Cons of modern western civilisation

Do the pros of western civilisation outweigh the cons?

• Yes

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I never lie and all my opinions are formed via analysis of data and the application of logic.

Nek minnit.

Reaction to my opinion - Usually they pull out the what about people with medical problems comeback. I acknowledge that this is an exception to my lazy/stupid rule. They usually acknowledge that Laziness and Stupidity play the major role in poverty in the West.

There must be a decimal point about half way through your 6 figure salary.
You wouldn't last 2 minutes in a real job.

Mister_X - 1
Socrates2 - 0
No mate ,you lose, you've provided no coherent arguments .Your 'poor people are lazy and stupid' is just juvenile toilet talk.You might find yourself get into trouble one day with your insulting opinions.So answer my question who did you say poor people are lazy or stupid too and what was their reaction? Or did you just make it up?

The US and UK might have been more liberal than the Nazis, but it wasn’t liberalism that won the war, and it wasn’t liberalism that made the peace. It’s ahistorical to claim so.

The Liberals did win the war. With the aid (indeed lions share of the work) being done by their Communist allies. Together they defeated the Fascists and the Nationalists.

Then in the Post war period, during the Cold war, the Liberals defeated the Communists. Liberalism continued to flourish during this period with the last remaining bastions of Fascism (Salizar, Franco etc) being replaced with Liberal democracies, and with many Communist nations becoming more liberalised.

This trend towards increased liberty, democracy, human rights, free movement of people etc continued until quite recently, when we've seen an increasing return to Autocratic and Nationalist movements in Europe, Asia and elsewhere.

Attempting to argue anything else is pure fancy.

No mate ,you lose, you've provided no coherent arguments .Your 'poor people are lazy and stupid' is just juvenile toilet talk.You might find yourself get into trouble one day with your insulting opinions.So answer my question who did you say poor people are lazy or stupid too and what was their reaction? Or did you just make it up?

Are you poor?

It does seem like a strange claim given how well the Germans did following WWI in the absence of liberalism.

The Weimar Republic was a liberal republic.

Its fall to Hitler remains a textbook example of how a liberal republic can be turned into a unitary party Fascist State.

That and the fall of the Roman Republic to Ceasar following the end of the triumvirate.

And of course, Palpatines creation of the first Galactic Empire.

5a6a9bda2310289fb81c3610f60ce9edbab896d0_hq.jpg

'For a safe and secure society.'

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you sure that is true. 20 years of being a dependent with 12 years of publically paid education is far far more expensive then some english lessons. There are also plenty of working age people who want to immigrate who already know english as well.

Also you dont need population growth. You just need to ensure the proportion of workers to dependents doesnt fall to low.
Depends on the individual I suppose. We have seen that each wave of new immigrants have struggled to begin with, often involving a generation with large amounts of crime and/or welfare dependence.

I'm not sure what the economic impact of the average dependent child is, I don't think it can be measured. The parents are certainly forced to spend a lot and circulate money around the economy, but would they have done so anyway? Would they have worked as hard without the financial obligation of the kids?

The Liberals did win the war. With the aid (indeed lions share of the work) being done by their Communist allies. Together they defeated the Fascists and the Nationalists.

Then in the Post war period, during the Cold war, the Liberals defeated the Communists. Liberalism continued to flourish during this period with the last remaining bastions of Fascism (Salizar, Franco etc) being replaced with Liberal democracies, and with many Communist nations becoming more liberalised.

This trend towards increased liberty, democracy, human rights, free movement of people etc continued until quite recently, when we've seen an increasing return to Autocratic and Nationalist movements in Europe, Asia and elsewhere.

Attempting to argue anything else is pure fancy.
They defeated the nationalists by creating a bunch of ethnic nation states from the ashes of supranational empires.

What a defeat!

You really expose how little reading of anything you actually do.

And 90 percent of humanities worst achievements.

Development of atomic weapons (and their use), World Wars 1 and 2, Colonialism, the Holocaust, the largest theatre of war in history, the Cold war and constant threat of global nuclear annhilation, the invention and rise of Fascism, Nazism, Marxism and ultra nationalism etc.

There is always this weird European and American exceptionalism that floats around when we label other cultures or ethnic groups as 'violent' or 'barbaric'. Europeans are no different. Heck. Europe (barring the interval since WW 2) the whole region has largely been in a state of continuous war, and the site of some of the worlds most brutal genocides and pogroms, atrocities and invasions, the planets most brutal and notorious dictators and so forth.

For every great liberal leader, or advocate of peace Europe has produced a brutal tyrant or genocidal monster.

I think we're largely ignorant of it in this generation due to an unprecedented 70 years of peace on the European continent, and the dismantling of the few remaining Fascist regimes (Franco, Salizar etc) and the stabilising influence of the EU.

God help us if the EU fails and it goes back to how it was.
As free real estate said exhibit 1 Navel Gazing.

Last edited:
Back