Pt Adelaide =

Remove this Banner Ad

lou73

All Australian
Apr 8, 2007
paris
AFL Club
Carlton
Pt Adelaide = soft, have always liked the easy ball and got smashed in the hard contested ball. They were so cocky and the way Mark Williams baited Bomber during week they deserved to get smashed. What goes around comes around. Pt were brushed aside like little school kids from big bullies in a school play ground. Well done cats :thumbsu:

I am rapt to see the Cats bag a flag after all these years. Hopefully the Saints and Doggies can jag one too in this small window of opportunity before the Blues own the next decade. Seriously though, the Cats look good for some time with Tom Hawkins and NAblett doing some weights next preseason.

I like Williams, he was right to try and pour pressure on the Cats, as them choking was his best hope....it didn't happen, but he shook all their hands, very gracious and shows the true respect he had for the opposition and the sport :thumbsu:. Shame Port didn't bring its A game.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Congrats Cats on playing fast, skillful and high scoring footy...and getting just reward for it. RIP the flood (for now)

I am rapt to see the Cats bag a flag after all these years. Hopefully the Saints and Doggies can jag one too in this small window of opportunity before the Blues own the next decade. Seriously though, the Cats look good for some time with Tom Hawkins and NAblett doing some weights next preseason.

I like Williams, he was right to try and pour pressure on the Cats, as them choking was his best hope....it didn't happen, but he shook all their hands, very gracious and shows the true respect he had for the opposition and the sport :thumbsu:. Shame Port didn't bring its A game.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Congrats Cats on playing fast, skillful and high scoring footy...and getting just reward for it. RIP the flood (for now)

Port could have brought their "A" game and still lost by 10 goals!

Just because Williams shook their hands after the fact doesn't absolve him from being a petulant upstart beforehand!

Karma people! Karma!

Port could have brought their "A" game and still lost by 10 goals!

Just because Williams shook their hands after the fact doesn't absolve him from being a petulant upstart beforehand!

Karma people! Karma!

you are missing the point - he knew his side was unlikely to win, playing mind games was worth a go.

of course that sort of thing doesn't always work, but better to provide some entertainment, see if you can pshyc the opposition out, promote your club and have a bit of fun than to be boring/respectful all week and still loose.

the way he took the defeat with humility shows that he always respected them - and proves that the things he said before the game were only for the sake of trying to give his team a chance of winning, rather than a sign of disrespect.

It's one thing to be arrogant and then take defeat badly (the lleyton hewit style arrogance), but I think arrogance yet humility in defeat is worthy of respect - you can be confident of your own ability, excited when you play well - yet you have no problem admitting that you were beaten by a better side, should the result not go your way.

you are missing the point - he knew his side was unlikely to win, playing mind games was worth a go.

of course that sort of thing doesn't always work, but better to provide some entertainment, see if you can pshyc the opposition out, promote your club and have a bit of fun than to be boring/respectful all week and still loose.

the way he took the defeat with humility shows that he always respected them - and proves that the things he said before the game were only for the sake of trying to give his team a chance of winning, rather than a sign of disrespect.

It's one thing to be arrogant and then take defeat badly (the lleyton hewit style arrogance), but I think arrogance yet humility in defeat is worthy of respect - you can be confident of your own ability, excited when you play well - yet you have no problem admitting that you were beaten by a better side, should the result not go your way.

I'll credit him here, although I would have credited him more if he'd admitted what he was up to. He did what he thought he needed to do to win. Personally I think it was the wrong strategy for Geelong but hey that's live.

I'll give him more credit than I'll give the journos that believed his crap about the more experienced team, distractions, etc etc. It was all drivel and anyone who even thought about it for ten seconds would have realised that Port had less than a snowballs chance in hell of beating the Cats even if the Cats bought their B game and Port their A game.

Pt Adelaide = Sheepdogs.

If they're not skirting outside the pack looking for a handball, they're skirting around the back of a teammate who's taken a mark or got a free kick looking for the handball, and if they're not doing that then they're chipping the ball around the boundary line to rack up their stats.

Do they have any players that actually go and win the ball?? :confused:

I'll credit him here, although I would have credited him more if he'd admitted what he was up to. He did what he thought he needed to do to win. Personally I think it was the wrong strategy for Geelong but hey that's live.

I'll give him more credit than I'll give the journos that believed his crap about the more experienced team, distractions, etc etc. It was all drivel and anyone who even thought about it for ten seconds would have realised that Port had less than a snowballs chance in hell of beating the Cats even if the Cats bought their B game and Port their A game.

I'm sure if he's asked the question over the next few days, he will happily make it clear that they were his reasons for playing mind games this week.

The journos love a story, and in grand final week they will always write stories about anything - you can't really blame them. And to be honest, some of the comments MW made were true (and the journos were right to 'believe' them) - I mean Geelong did have more to loose, but of course what really matters is on-field, and that was shown today.

**** you Port your soft weak ass s**t lost me 60 dollars..

Your own stupidity cost you 60 dollars, don't blame it on Port. Always trying to shift the blame onto others. And believe me, they tried.. They wanted to win, more than you wanted them to win, with your piddly 60 dollars on it.

If Choko's mind games had worked then Port would have got within 10 goals.
They didn't, he failed, very poor form Choko.

Showed utter disrespect for the best team in the comp leading up to the Grand Final. I've never seen anything like it in top level football, it was more like the lead up to a boxing bout.

They were labelled soft early in the season and it showed totally in the main match. They talked the talked but couldn't even crawl the crawl let alone walk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back