Review Purple Tiger Tamers - Freo beat Richmond by 54 points at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno what to say. Easy in the end but should have been out of sight at HT.

We really need more from our smalls. Maybe show them footage of prime Ballas, Sonny, and Chopper so they know what they need to do pressure wise. Too many times Richmond waltzed it out too easily when the ball hit the deck.

Skills let us down at times but what is new. Hospital handballs are still a problem. I know we want to use the hands to get away from stoppage but sometimes a hack kick forward is better than passing to a teammate who gets drilled straight away.

I'm happy for Johnno. That is 2 good solid games in a row from him now. He is starting to justify his place in the team.

I think the midfield mix is probably about right but the wing opposite Sharp could do with more pace. I really want to see Stanley there or even try Simpson to get him some of the ball. He has shown in his limited possessions that he is class by foot and we could really use that going inside 50.

Something is seriously wrong with Amiss. His goal kicking has gone to absolute s**t and he is being out bodied way too easily. I lost count of how many times he hit the deck although one of those times was a clear free that wasn't paid due to Treacy taking a mark.

Treacy is THE guy. * your Logan McDonald bullshit off now please.

Sonny is done. Say what you want Sonny defenders but he is cooked so damn bad. He is a complete liability and is continually costing us more goals than he is providing.

The deliberate against JOM in the last quarter was a massive joke. I have long thought those should be paid but you can't pay one and let the other 100 you will see across a weekend of football go.

If we want to beat Sydney next week we need to play much better than that.
Mmm not sure about a lot of that. I thought we flogged them, at the G as well.… there’s always problems but it was a v good team performance. Richmond are still a solid team - some good players on every line. They were absolutely steaming at the end which is a good sign from a proud club. I think they felt dominated.

Amiss is fine - he’s been in and out and will string some form together soon enough. The bigger problem is teams blocking and dragging him off the ball which is a recurring problem and not being umpired well (save for the final free)

Mmm not sure about a lot of that. I thought we flogged them, at the G as well.… there’s always problems but it was a v good team performance. Richmond are still a solid team - some good players on every line. They were absolutely steaming at the end which is a good sign from a proud club. I think they felt dominated.

Amiss is fine - he’s been in and out and will string some form together soon enough. The bigger problem is teams blocking and dragging him off the ball which is a recurring problem and not being umpired well (save for the final free)

In comfortable wins like that I like to look for negatives and things to improve upon rather than join in with a massive love in that most lean towards.

In comfortable wins like that I like to look for negatives and things to improve upon rather than join in with a massive love in that most lean towards.
With all reviews should start with the positives. and the negatives with suggestions for change in the middle and then repeat the postives again.

It might just be me but I think the commentators massively overrated Luke Ryan's game. 39 disposals but I don't think he really impacted the game all that much. Even from a defensive stand point he didn't have his usual influence.
31 kicks. 15 marks. 9 intercepts. 628m gained. 9 rebound 50's.
He was fantastic. Covered the fact that Moose had a relatively quiet one.

Not much to complain about really.

If i was too nit-pick its Brayshaw kicking at goal.

That one in the 20 seconds before the Amiss FK is symbolic of Brayshaw's kicking for goal running in untouched 35-40m out and shanks it to nearly the behind post and got punched over.

Add Walters efforts again. Could have iced the game and missed some other sitters. Also can't kick 40m anymore with that fluff in the last Q

He doesn't add a lot of pressure, only a nice inside 50 kick, but he's not getting enough of it cleanly to scare oppositions

Needs to kick goals or the cliff is coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richmond may be on the downward part of the cycle and we may have higher expectations of our team, but a 9 goal win at the MCG while bringing up the 100 points is a good win no matter the opponent.

Lots to be impressed about while still much to work on. Sydney will be our biggest test of the year and I think we can go in with high confidence

Feel a little sorry for Richmond over the 50 m penalty to Darcy as the siren sounding probably confused the player and he forget that free kick was awarded like 5-10 sec before the siren.

But you take the good with the Bad. so well done Freo !

Tracy, Amiss and the other forwards have such great chemistry. How many times over the past several years have we seen multiple forwards going up spoiling each other? No more. They don’t lead up as much as I’d would like but we don’t see two flying for the same ball like we used to.

When Amiss, Tracy, And Dogga are 23-26 years old they’re gonna be a hell of a force. Tracy is a beast.

Every time Tabs plays lol

Good win but that was probably the weakest 22 we'll come up against this year. Going to need a big improvement to beat Sydney. Darcy's calf and Jackson's floundering form a concern as well as the output from our smalls, we'll be bringing in another non-goal scorer in Switta next week too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was really pleased with MJ's game. He was involved throughout, was breaking tackles and his disposal was generally good.

There were lots of great performances across the board. Treacy, Ryan and Serong in particular, but I just wanted to single Young out. If he can add consistent goal kicking to his repertoire, he's moving into Brownlow territory. Our midfield is so balanced at the moment, it's fantastic. :heart:

Fingers crossed we can get the job done against the Swans next week.

Serong will get votes in nearly every game bar Carlton and West Coast.
3 v Brisbane
3 v North
Possible 2 v Adelaide
3 v Port
2/3 v Bulldogs
2/3 v Richmond

Minimum 14 votes.

I never usually look at the running stats on the afl site, but was really surprised to see Serong right up there for distance and speed.

Looking at his body shape, he’s not exactly the lean mean Sharp or Freddy body shape.

Attachments

• IMG_3356.png
    IMG_3356.png
    666.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3357.png
    IMG_3357.png
    679.4 KB · Views: 81
Did what we had to do despite the commentators doing their best to will the Tigers on.🤦🏻‍♂️
Unless JOm plays on ball his lack of pace is exposed.
Thought Johno had his best game , playing on ball is obviously his go. He is so strong in the hips.
Jacko is ok but not at his best atm.
I would think and hope that with more games under their collective belts some of the “hospital hand passes” and decision making will improve.

I was really pleased with MJ's game. He was involved throughout, was breaking tackles and his disposal was generally good.

There were lots of great performances across the board. Treacy, Ryan and Serong in particular, but I just wanted to single Young out. If he can add consistent goal kicking to his repertoire, he's moving into Brownlow territory. Our midfield is so balanced at the moment, it's fantastic. :heart:

Fingers crossed we can get the job done against the Swans next week.
Young was playing at FF when Treacy went into the ruck in the final quarter, looks way more dangerous than Fyfe resting forward!

Walters was really not as bad as people are making him out to be. 1.1, 14 touches sure, but 7 marks up the ground. He was providing an option playing higher up the ground. He only get's dropped if they want to rest him. Simpson comfortably out before him unfortunately.

We do need more from our smalls though. Hoping Switta back will bring a little bit. Would be nice if Brayshaw didn't s**t the bed everytime he saw the sticks.
Its the same posters as well it bit them in the arse last time , he’s heading for 20 to 30 goal season most would take that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back