Review Purple Tiger Tamers - Freo beat Richmond by 54 points at the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Who? Switta is the only player capable of a similar role and he's already doing it (when fit).

Can't move Freddy because he's the link man and Walters is way too slow to be a pressure forward.

I think we have to adjust the roles to fit Baker in.
I cbb going through each and every player and role but Baker would be used at HF, which means one of our forwards gets moved out. Just a little joke regarding Emmett's words to Baker after the game.

+'s
Umpires, we definitely got the rub of the green today.
Treacy,very much in form and working together with Amiss and Jackson to protect each other and provide space.
Young & Serong, I liked the idea of Young in the midfield but never thought he would be this successful.
Freddie and Clark, we look so much better when they break the lines

-'s
Small forwards, is that what we use the draft picks for?
JOM, still don't know what he brings to the team
Walters, barely reasonable against what should be cannon fodder

Is Freo targeting Liam Baker to bring him next year?
Liam Baker stood out heaps I thought in a losing team. His game would look great in our side. Would love us to target him.

On SM-A536E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would love to see some stats on home crowd attendance between clubs when they're doing well (finals contention) vs not doing well (bottom 6).

Clubs like Richmond, Carlton and Port Adelaide all come to mind as clubs who fill out stadiums when they're doing well and clear out when they're not. Only 30k for Richmond when they'd normally be blowing above those numbers when contending.

We actually averaged 42k in 2018 in one of our worst years and 41k across 2023 and 2024.

Exactly.
Amiss does more damage with the marks/kicks he does.
Really have to push the case for Voss. Feels like he’s more threatening, makes defenders afraid/unsure- exactly like Treacy has been. Jackson doesn’t seem to be that dominant in the air.

Jackson just feels like he should be midfield, wing, roaming around in the Blicavs role
We need to see Voss play way more to see his bad games so we can compare fairly. Remember Jackson's best games up forward? Better than Vosses single game.

On SM-A536E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we're getting Baker to play Emmett's role its an utter waste.
I reckon it's the perfect role, it's not that Emmett is only meant to play defensively, it's that he cant give anything offensively. Baker would result in like 2 more goals a game in that role

Nope.
It’s not wrestling when you have a knee on someone’s neck.
It's not what I think should happen but it's what I think will happen.

The good old get out jail cause for some of these things is charging him with misconduct which will be a fine. It's how players like Selwood and Greene got away with grubby acts without suspension.

I'd be very glad to be wrong.

It's not what I think should happen but it's what I think will happen.

The good old get out jail cause for some of these things is charging him with misconduct which will be a fine. It's how players like Selwood and Greene got away with grubby acts without suspension.

I'd be very glad to be wrong.

Off the ball too.
I think there’s a strong case for tribunal.
It’s just a pic, but that pic alone is damning.
I recall Amiss getting g up slowly like he was spent. If airways were restricted in anyway, its equivalent of choking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it depends on if he was putting downward pressure on the neck. If he was legit chocking Jye then 8+, IMO.

He was standing over Jye then dropped both knees into him. On the telecast you only saw the knee into his ribs, didn’t realise the other went accross his head.
It was a dog act, deserves a report

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He was standing over Jye then dropped both knees into him. On the telecast you only saw the knee into his ribs, didn’t realise the other went accross his head.
It was a dog act, deserves a report

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He’ll get off because Amiss still has a first of his jumper which sort of pulled him down onto him

One little thing I loved today was when Dusty went the don't argue on Fyfe and Fyfe took the contact, casually stuck out one his huge mits and stripped the ball while Dusty was preoccupied with keeping Fyfe at a distance.
Most players would try to continue the tackle against the fend, Fyfe just rode it, reached out and knocked the ball out.

He just sees and thinks of things others don't.

Even the commentators had a chuckle, "just 2 old Brownlow medalists going head to head".

One little thing I loved today was when Dusty went the don't argue on Fyfe and Fyfe took the contact, casually stuck out one his huge mits and stripped the ball while Dusty was preoccupied with keeping Fyfe at a distance.
Most players would try to continue the tackle against the fend, Fyfe just rode it, reached out and knocked the ball out.

He just sees and thinks of things others don't.

Even the commentators had a chuckle, "just 2 old Brownlow medalists going head to head".
He’s one of the smartest players I’ve ever seen.

He’s one of the smartest players I’ve ever seen.
Absolutely. When he's seeing the game and has his timing like he did against the Dogs he's still the best stoppage player in the game. His reach, one touch handling and ability to see it faster than anyone else and think 2 moves ahead is just a delight to watch.

Random thoughts as I watched the game…

Young… ok, we need a name for Young. When Brayshaw was the best player in the comp we had Baeshaw. I just can’t think of something for Young.
Really appreciated Baeshaw today, speaking of him. Do wish he could kick a set shot (see Fyfe, Nat), but can forgive that!!

Serong is become more and more right with maturity and holy hell, I am SO here for it.
Jackson just a wee bit out of sorts. Lots of endeavour, but the things that were working in the first few games just aren’t now. Hopefully he settles and gets back the magic fairy dust.
Johnson showing what he can bring. Good to see. Loved his bullocking 3rd quarter goal. Needs to use the ball faster sometimes.
Treacy 😍

Ryan 39 possessions?!? Holy leather poisoning, Batman! 31 kicks is extraordinary.
Watching the Tigers fans lose their minds after missing out on a HTB and then getting that free kick and 50 against them just in the last seconds of the 2nd quarter was 🤭

Fun fact: Michael Fredericks has been banned from kicking to Josh Tracey in 17 states and 3 external territories of the United States, to protect the children. 😍 Freddy doesn’t get involved as much as I would like, but that’s mostly because what he does is of such quality. I’d love to see more.

“Ralphsmith” is a brilliant name. Really splendid. There’s gotta be a story behind that.

Advertising with Luke Hodge? 🤢🤮

Do any other sports wear a traditional diagonal stripe gurnsey? Seems a throwback to the days where players would wear a sash over their clothes

Anyway, did enjoy the game. Green shoots etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back