News Pyke Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

So you get pulled up making statements that you have no idea about and then get agro with me. Typical reaction when you get called out and you dont like it.
Not Agro champ, it’s a common phrase for responding to obvious and/or stupid statements.

I never claimed to have inside information. Hell the first 2 words of the post were ‘I reckon’

I have no doubt he has integrity and honour. I dont expect him to give up $2m - $2.5m. He is within his rights to make the club honour the contract they gave him and his integrity and honour remains intact.
Not sure how when all of the individuals involved in that conference clearly state that this is Pikes decision. So pike is breaking the contract and that would me no payout for the last two years of his contract. If the decision is Pikes how can he demand a payout.

The whole thing is f’ed.

The review is too late. Makes it hard to make any moves. Dons departure is too late. 4 other clubs have already appointed their coaches.

Any potential recruits (lol) won’t come without a coach in place.

Campo Hart Burton will survive. Mainly because we will be flat out replacing Pyke...and we won’t admit that the best footy department ever assembled had so many duds in it.

What a s**tshow
Excellent and unfortunately all too likely correct post

Not Agro champ, it’s a common phrase for responding to obvious and/or stupid statements.

I never claimed to have inside information. Hell the first 2 words of the post were ‘I reckon’
"Stupid statements" this time. Is that another phrase that you use to try and shut others up.

Robbo was good on 360 tonight.... talking about losing the GF and the coach identifying they needed toughening up, and they do the camp and the players collectively fall over etc etc. Then he said ok Coach asked himself “Am I a part of the problem? Am I a part of the solution? Reckon the players need to ask themselves that too”. Absolute fair comment.

Problem was he kept picking the players that were part of the problem.

Impossible for any of them or the rest of the club to move on from 2017 if the head coach refused to.

Not sure how when all of the individuals involved in that conference clearly state that this is Pikes decision. So pike is breaking the contract and that would me no payout for the last two years of his contract. If the decision is Pikes how can he demand a payout.

Hence, my comment that you quoted me on. Only makes sense if he has another job of similar financial value lined up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look forward to us scouring the planet for the best candidate possibly before remarkably discovering that the best candidate was actually a former AFC player all along.

Simon Goodwin come on down!

“Simon has shown with his robust portfolio of results at the demons that he is an elite leader of men. Not only that but he’s a former club champion and a known quantity”
I have promised to become a Port supporter if that happens

Hence, my comment that you quoted me on. Only makes sense if he has another job of similar financial value lined up.
My last comment was trying to question your statement "He is within his rights to make the club honour the contract they gave him and his integrity and honour remains intact."

Chapman was clear in the presser it was a resignation so no termination payment...then proceeded to say it was still being discussed. So that was confusing. I’d say there’s something but not an anchor on our budget

John Ralph said on radio a few weeks ago, and he was very strong on it that all AFC staff contracts had a termination clause in them that meant if they were sacked they wouldn’t get a full payout. He was speaking specifically re pykes contract but also saying it was standard on our contracts

Thought I heard Robbo on 360 tonight say Chapman has said there is no termination payment.

d2a9f70c5ded8885530d019c35a70f8d

Campo: "I can't wait for the review. It's been a while since I got promoted"

Burton: "Yeah, should be good. Reckon I'll pre-order a 2020 Prado. Have you seen how plush the seats are?"

Pyke: "..."

I truly hate the thought of Ross Lyon coming on board... but maybe he’s exactly what we need? He wouldn’t take any crap from any of Burton, Campo or Hart. He’d eat them up and spit them out as an appetiser.

Good coach but not what we need.

Lyon would have suited our list in 2016 when we were looking like competing.

So many of our problems start with camp

But they told us that there are no lingering issues from the camp. Problems yes, disgruntlement surely, maybe even a catastrophic loss of trust, but definitely no issues.

My last comment was trying to question your statement "He is within his rights to make the club honour the contract they gave him and his integrity and honour remains intact."

I dont think he loses honour or integrity by making the club honour its contract so I disagree entirely with your premise. There seem to be a few likely possibilities.

A) Chapman was lying out of his arse - unheard of right???
B) Pyke has a new job lined up (e.g., the Freo job)
C) Pyke has walked away from $2m to $2.5m

Who knows, but I would put my money on A, then B, then C.

Not an avo fan myself, strange texture and barely any flavour
You have no idea how wrong you are. Pull your finger out and get to the farmers market at Wayville on a Sunday morning. They sell, in season, these magnificent Reed avocados that have an amazing smooth texture and an almost buttery flavour. They're about 2x bigger than the rubbish Hass avo's Cole's and Woolies promote ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back