QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Ma
I'm with you hoffhearted... i'm sick of all this Logan and Beenleigh talk! Time to move on...

As I posted earlier I think the top 5 for seniors will be:

1) Griffith Moorooka
2) Redcliffe
3) Pine Rivers
4) UQ
5) Ipswich

Grand Final: Griffith Moorooka V Redcliffe
Premiers: Griffith Moorooka (should be a cracker of a game and Redcliffe will throw everything at them but Moorooka are too strong in all areas)

And for the Ressies comp:

1) Redcliffe
2) UQ
3) Pine Rivers
4) Ipswich
5) Griffith Moorooka

Grand Final: UQ V Redcliffe
Premiers: UQ (only because they will have a full strength team with all the uni boys returning from uni holidays/etc)

Agree/ Disagree?
Moorooka won't make ressies final Carrara will

Who gives a fat rats clacker about beenleigh and Logan lets get back to the interesting issues like finals and who will make it and who will win it !

Bogan Cuffaloes is both funny and fun to say, id say this topic has at least another week or so to run.

Hi mate,

I believe it is top 5 this year. I think the top 3 are settled but should be interesting to see who takes out position 4 and 5. Whats your prediction for position 4 and 5 and who do you think will be premiers this year?

Cheers mate. I'd say both comps are going to finish the way they are with the current top 5 teams. Despite Moorooka doing well at the top in the seniors, it's safe to say it is a very even comp (finally) apart from a couple of cellar dwellars.

Moorooka and Redcliffe will be tough to beat but any team could knock em off and snatch the silverware from them. Uni, Ippy & Pine Rivers have all shown they can play great footy and it will come down to who has the healthiest list but more importantly who wants it the most!

IMO over the last 4 games, Pine Rivers look like the team to beat in the resys but again, anyone of the top 4 in that comp are capable of winning it.

Mate, I'm telling the truth I'm 59.
Mind you at, this level of football I reckon with little training, I could play ressies (maybe ones in the Buffs team though!).
Seriously I'm too old to play with anyone other than Beenleigh.

Lol ok. I'm seriously 72 a well. I'm just really fit for my age.

I'm with you hoffhearted... i'm sick of all this Logan and Beenleigh talk! Time to move on...

As I posted earlier I think the top 5 for seniors will be:

1) Griffith Moorooka
2) Redcliffe
3) Pine Rivers
4) UQ
5) Ipswich

Grand Final: Griffith Moorooka V Redcliffe
Premiers: Griffith Moorooka (should be a cracker of a game and Redcliffe will throw everything at them but Moorooka are too strong in all areas)

And for the Ressies comp:

1) Redcliffe
2) UQ
3) Pine Rivers
4) Ipswich
5) Griffith Moorooka

Grand Final: UQ V Redcliffe
Premiers: UQ (only because they will have a full strength team with all the uni boys returning from uni holidays/etc)

Agree/ Disagree?

carrara ressies will be in the finals over moorooka then will beat ipswich but won't make gf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So...the pointy end is approaching fast... The final 5 could have some shaping yet..
G.Moorooka have Pine (A) Logan (A) and Ipswich (H) - 2 wins at least
Redcliffe have Logan (H) UQ (A) and Pine (A) - 2 wins a must
Pine Rivers have G.Moorooka (H) Beenleigh (A) and Redcliffe (H) - can they grab 2 wins also?
UQ have a bye, Redcliffe (H) and Park Ridge (A) - tough to lock in 2 wins
Ipswich have Beenleigh (H) Carrara (A) and G.Moorooka (A) - need to get the job done in the 1st 2 games
Park Ridge have Carrara (A) Bye and UQ (H) - tough to make it from here unless Ipswich falter twice..
Any thoughts?

So...the pointy end is approaching fast... The final 5 could have some shaping yet..
G.Moorooka have Pine (A) Logan (A) and Ipswich (H) - 2 wins at least
Redcliffe have Logan (H) UQ (A) and Pine (A) - 2 wins a must
Pine Rivers have G.Moorooka (H) Beenleigh (A) and Redcliffe (H) - can they grab 2 wins also?
UQ have a bye, Redcliffe (H) and Park Ridge (A) - tough to lock in 2 wins
Ipswich have Beenleigh (H) Carrara (A) and G.Moorooka (A) - need to get the job done in the 1st 2 games
Park Ridge have Carrara (A) Bye and UQ (H) - tough to make it from here unless Ipswich falter twice..
Any thoughts?

The ladder should stay the way it is. Only change could be at 1st/2nd depending how both teams go at pine rivers.

For a 59 year old, you sure are a childish gimp, no offense.
Your entitled to your opinion Morro. And I'm lovin seeing Beenleigh get flogged every week. And I know by the lack of posting by other Buffs boys(who in seasons gone by were regularly commenting) That my posts cause you considerable angst.
Now give gimp an honest answer. Would any of you Buff ----ters join a unified Logan/Buffs outfit? gimme your opinion too, KP. ,Budgie Buff and others.

Not at all I love ur posts it's like watching the comedy channel, as for joining south east suns next year. It's good for the community in that area, I travel 40mins too get too training as it is now, next year is next year could be anywhere in the world bannana, for now il enjoy the last 3 games for beenleigh footy club before the merger, win loss or draw
Toot toot

Banana man clearly you're not 59. No 59 year olds would waste their time on here. So you playing 1's or 2's this week against Redcliffe? Would be interesting to know how good you are. Or maybe how s**t you are.

Hey guys,
Sometimes you have to have a thick skin to survive well in this game!! I have to say that I find the recent Beenleigh bashing a little disturbing and perhaps a little unnecessary. Whatever might be the historical reasons for the bashing I can’t help feel a little for their current plight. From finalists to bottom of the ladder is a tough gig to swallow - for our part we have never had any issues with Beenleigh club and always enjoyed our fixture games with them - on what is arguably the best playing surface in the QAFA comp.
I take my hat off to those in the Beenleigh club trying to keep it all together. Having had to manage a division for a number of years where our senior team went out and got belted by over 200 points each week tests the enthusiasm of administrators and players alike. Most of all its not good for our little QAFA competition.
I only wish those charting the immediate future of both Logan and Beenleigh clubs all the very best. In one respect it would be a shame to see a merger because much proud history of both clubs gets dimmed by that outcome. Having said that if the dynamics of footy in your part of the world have changed and a merger or some other model is required in order to ensure the survival of a viable club in your neck of the woods then one should do what one has to do.
To Beenleigh I am sure that others will join with me in wishing you well for a win before the end of the season.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back