QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Spooner I think we wanted it more is all it was. You had 4th sown up and a perception of getting through this one to gear up for finals... Was a good result for our boys in the first year together. It's a shame we miss by % only but hey we lost a few earlier we should have won and that's the result. Were you on the ground PP33?? I think Tommy might say he said more than ask the umpire a Q?? ;) So are you boys hosting your final at Oval 7 next week or are your Div 1 playing there??

Yeah Spooner I think we wanted it more is all it was. You had 4th sown up and a perception of getting through this one to gear up for finals... Was a good result for our boys in the first year together. It's a shame we miss by % only but hey we lost a few earlier we should have won and that's the result. Were you on the ground PP33?? I think Tommy might say he said more than ask the umpire a Q?? ;) So are you boys hosting your final at Oval 7 next week or are your Div 1 playing there??
We applied to host elim final so just waiting to hear - apparently note coming around this morning

Excellent, it's a great spot to watch footy! Do you have to fence the whole thing off to be able to take a gate or is the only for week 2 onwards??

Is Redcliffe going to host Pine rivers or is their bad financial state from last year going to prohibit them from hosting?

Would that mean Pine rivers could host the 2 v 3 match?

So now that the regular season is all finished what is everyones prediction for league b n f and premiers for both grades??

When where do they host the league b n f night?

I saw that Flowers booted a lazy 7 on the weekend... finished with 76 goals for the season to take out the goal kicking award

From what I saw of Ipswich from both grades on the weekend they will be out of finals before they even know they made it

I'm still on G. Moorooka to take out the flag in the 1s and UQ to take it out in the 2s

Not sure about 2v3 but 4v5 is confirmed at Oval 7 at UQ - which means ressies Ippy v Carrara elimination game is also there.
We will be taking opportunity to charge a small entry fee to help off set the hosting fees. We dont have to fence oval - there is a 1 rail fence that goes down both sides of the oval. Will man it with players directing people to entry points.
Again as we have to pay for the privilege will be asking clubs to request spectators and players to help us out by buying drinks from our bar which will be at very reasonable prices.

Last edited:
Not sure about 2v3 but 4v5 is confirmed at Oval 7 at UQ - which means ressies Ippy v Carrara elimination game is also there.
We will be taking opportunity to charge a small entry fee to help off set the hosting fees. We dont have to fence oval - there is a 1 rail fence that goes down both sides of the oval. Will man it with players directing people to entry points.
Again as we have to pay for the privilege will be asking clubs to request spectators and players to help us out by buying drinks from our bar which will be at very reasonable prices.

What are they going to do if it rains ?? Everyone knows how over the top they are when there is water around !! Cancel two finals ??

Had been told redcliffe never applied to host finals. Committee meeting not too long ago voted against it for a few reasons. What's changed since Saturday? Or are the league changing things on the run and doing the tigers a favour?

Had been told redcliffe never applied to host finals. Committee meeting not too long ago voted against it for a few reasons. What's changed since Saturday? Or are the league changing things on the run and doing the tigers a favour?
Just have formal notification that its Rothwell Park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm tipping carrara ressies to go further than some think 1 week ago they beat Ipswich by 30 odd points and scared uq a further back in the season and from what I've heared they have quite a few senior players to come in who have qualified to play.

I'm tipping carrara ressies to go further than some think 1 week ago they beat Ipswich by 30 odd points and scared uq a further back in the season and from what I've heared they have quite a few senior players to come in who have qualified to play.
Guys - 90 to 19 last time we met is hardly a scare. First time we played Carrara they we much much better.
Ippy have a hard gig with both sides playing on saturday. That would stretch the resources of any club at the end of a season.
It is not in the spirit of the game to stack a ressies side with genuine senior players come finals time. Sincerely hope that doesn't happen...

The bottom 2 finalist in both grades won't make it past the 2nd week in my opinion no disrespect,
anyone of the big 3 could win the seniors
Tipping UQ in the 2s

Guys - 90 to 19 last time we met is hardly a scare. First time we played Carrara they we much much better.
Ippy have a hard gig with both sides playing on saturday. That would stretch the resources of any club at the end of a season.
It is not in the spirit of the game to stack a ressies side with genuine senior players come finals time. Sincerely hope that doesn't happen...
Is it considered as stacking if they have played more than 5 games each in the ressies

Carrara have stacked their reserves for finals. Have a look at their team sheets. Quite a few blokes on there who played seniors most of the year all with 5 or 6 reserves games. If I was a reserves player that missed out on finals due to seniors stealing spots, I'd be spewing. Carrara are in danger of losing players for next season if they go ahead with playing their seniors over reserve players. Will be a tough day at the office for Ipswich if they do!

It is happening apparently. Mate of mine plays at Ippy and says the saints had about 7 senior players play against them a couple weeks ago in the twos.

It is happening apparently. Mate of mine plays at Ippy and says the saints had about 7 senior players play against them a couple weeks ago in the twos.
Geez saints had 7 senior players playing 2 weeks ago. So either your telling me Carrara has great depth or Ipswich are just terrible because Carrara won seniors as well. You'd think they'd struggle if 7 seniors weren't playing!

Geez saints had 7 players playing 2 weeks ago. So either your telling me Carrara has great depth or Ipswich are just terrible because Carrara won seniors as well. You'd think they'd struggle if 7 seniors weren't playing!
Not sure mate. I am no longer at the club and wasn't there. Was just going by what I was told. I still like to see how the lads are going and if you check games played for Carrara players, there is around 10 senior blokes with 5 reserves games. Coincidence? Be a shame if they did stack as it will be an unfair advantage. I couldn't imagine the reserves players missing out would be to pleased if they went ahead with it. Good luck to both sides. Would love to watch but I will be down south watching the Gold Coast Suns!!! Go Suns!!!

2014 stacking reserves debate..... Grabs popcorn haha

Congrats Kp on getting a win - as I said the other day to stick it out when it's been so tough is a credit - might need to get those teeth bleached for b&f night mate!!

Serious question to anyone that knows the bloke - what's the go with flower? 3 clubs in 3 years in the same div in calamvale, Logan and Griffith - chasing a flag or $$. Not potting the bloke at all as I don't know him and appreciate blokes circumstances change but just curious.

I'm curious as to who the saints senior side is as I've had a look through the year and they have been lucky to have the same 10 blokes from week to week and if there was 7 that beat Ipswich reserves and their seniors won aswell that's good signs for the saints next year for depth! Also how many Logan blokes were playing for beenleigh on the weekend and was that somewhat of what we can look forward to next year with the merger?? 1 more while in here did Ipswich throw their match on the weekend in reserves?

My tips for the weekend redcliff and uq for seniors both in easy wins and redcliff and saints both in very close games in the ressies

I'm curious as to who the saints senior side is as I've had a look through the year and they have been lucky to have the same 10 blokes from week to week and if there was 7 that beat Ipswich reserves and their seniors won aswell that's good signs for the saints next year for depth! Also how many Logan blokes were playing for beenleigh on the weekend and was that somewhat of what we can look forward to next year with the merger?? 1 more while in here did Ipswich throw their match on the weekend in reserves?

My tips for the weekend redcliff and uq for seniors both in easy wins and redcliff and saints both in very close games in the ressies

Why would Ipswich throw their match?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back