Qafl 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

some people like to moralise instead of put the financial health of their club at the forefront of their thoughts. Sherwood was a powerhouse when it had a TAB and Pokies, now not so much...

One way of looking at it Fan. Other way is that a sporting organisation that likes to put hand out to public for assistance, write beautiful essays to espouse what a great club you are for your local community when applying for government grants, talk about the positive impact you make in your community would actually action these words. Getting rid of pokies that is the direct result for so much poverty in communities would be a great start imo. In fact I would go so far as to say it should be mandatory to not have them before you are eligible for any sort of grant from government.
If your club can’t survive without them then probably not much of a club.

Winston Grange appoint Brent Moloney, thoughts?

He coached the Colts to a Premiership season against the favourable Palm Beach.

When playing for Wilston Grange 3 seasons ago he bailed mid season to return to his home club in Warnabool to jump on their finals wagon when Grange weren’t gunna make the 5.
Was probably getting paid handsomely by Grange too before he bailed.

When playing for Wilston Grange 3 seasons ago he bailed mid season to return to his home club in Warnabool to jump on their finals wagon when Grange weren’t gunna make the 5.
Is you opinion an outsiders view looking in? Best to do your research before before posting.

They stacked their Colts with Senior talent, so any suggestion it was about developing kids is not correct! Kids should play the highest level theyr are capable, dropping kids to Colts because Seniors are non competitive aint 'good for development'

Most other clubs had 5-10 Colts aged kids playing 1s and 2s (where they should be if good enough)

They stacked their Colts with Senior talent, so any suggestion it was about developing kids is not correct! Kids should play the highest level theyr are capable, dropping kids to Colts because Seniors are non competitive aint 'good for development'

Most other clubs had 5-10 Colts aged kids playing 1s and 2s (where they should be if good enough)

True and now he will be hypocritical and want the better 18’s to play seniors

Seriously Fan, time and time again you've shown that you have absolutely no idea about anything to do with Grange, or footy generally for that matter.

I can guarantee you that the Grange Colts team was not deliberately "stacked". This year both PBC and Broadbeach had more talented/highly rated Colts groups on paper than Grange, and the Grange premiership team also contained more U16's(4) than either of their finals teams.

PBC definitely played a few boys in their Reserves premiership team who were eligible for Colts, but unlike Grange they have a deep talent pool and as a result had plenty of selection options. Don't hear them whinging though, and nor should they.

Broadbeach played a couple of good 17yo's in Reserves finals instead of Colts. However, when they played Grange in the Colts finals they were also able to play an 18yo, Michael Selsby, who had only ever played for the club once before (in the Ressies) and had played the last 10 NEAFL games for the Suns. Selsby kicked 4 goals and was BOG for Broady that day, a class above Colts level, so swings and roundabouts....

Easily the biggest reason for Grange winning the Colts flag this year was Brent Moloney's coaching, it was transformational, which is why he's been given the senior job for the Gorillas next year.

No-one at Grange thinks that winning a Colts flag is a panacea for the many problems we face, but we do think it's an important and meaningful (for us) step in the right direction. However, if you really think you know better than we do how we should be running our footy club, please PM me as I'll happily make arrangements for you to address the Committee and coaching group to tell us what we're doing wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he does a good job. I’ve met him a couple of times and seems like a great fella.

I’d rather see a club like grange be there when the whips are cracking than winning 3 games a year.

Same goes for the other lower ranked clubs. Healthy clubs equal healthy competition

I hope he does a good job. I’ve met him a couple of times and seems like a great fella.

I’d rather see a club like grange be there when the whips are cracking than winning 3 games a year.

Same goes for the other lower ranked clubs. Healthy clubs equal healthy competition

Yep, I have no doubt that Fan and ablett have both had a lot to do with Beama, with all of their views being based on their own experiences.

On a more serious note, Beama's appointment has already had a big impact - for the first time we already have players from elsewhere approaching us about playing next year, not vice versa.

Yes he did. He also tried to go to several other clubs before 2019 in coaching roles and was knocked back by at least2 that I know of.

He may have turned a corner, and I've had plenty to do with him and he's not someone I would have had coaching young players. Actually better suited to the senior role in fact, much better than the outgoing bloke.

There were several lads in the Grange Colts who would walk into their senior side had they chosen to pick their best available senior side, any denial of that is just a big fat fib. I get maybe keeping them down from Ressies when it becomes apparent the Colts could go deep and the Ressies are out of it, but denying them senior opportunity when good enough I personally don't agree with and hurts the club in the long run (and more importantly, the player)

Ok

Seriously Fan, time and time again you've shown that you have absolutely no idea about anything to do with Grange, or footy generally for that matter.

I can guarantee you that the Grange Colts team was not deliberately "stacked". This year both PBC and Broadbeach had more talented/highly rated Colts groups on paper than Grange, and the Grange premiership team also contained more U16's(4) than either of their finals teams.

PBC definitely played a few boys in their Reserves premiership team who were eligible for Colts, but unlike Grange they have a deep talent pool and as a result had plenty of selection options. Don't hear them whinging though, and nor should they.

Broadbeach played a couple of good 17yo's in Reserves finals instead of Colts. However, when they played Grange in the Colts finals they were also able to play an 18yo, Michael Selsby, who had only ever played for the club once before (in the Ressies) and had played the last 10 NEAFL games for the Suns. Selsby kicked 4 goals and was BOG for Broady that day, a class above Colts level, so swings and roundabouts....

All 3 of the other members of the Colts Top 4 had at least 5 kids playing either Seniors or Reserves, PBC also would have had quality 16 year olds playing 16's - playing u16 kids up in Colts is very unusual.

How many Colts aged kids didn't play finals for Grange because they played Seniors or Reserves? I bet the answer is zero, which is highly unusual and shows where the focus lay.

Smart move by Grange. Reckon he would have been snapped up elsewhere if they hadn't made a move.

So he never left mid season to play back in Warnabool?

I don't believe that there's any place called "Warnabool", but Beama did leave Brisbane in 2017 to return home to Warrnambool due to a job falling over.

He left Grange on good terms and was held in very high regard whilst he was there, hence his return as a coach this year.

Keep trying though.

All 3 of the other members of the Colts Top 4 had at least 5 kids playing either Seniors or Reserves, PBC also would have had quality 16 year olds playing 16's - playing u16 kids up in Colts is very unusual.

How many Colts aged kids didn't play finals for Grange because they played Seniors or Reserves? I bet the answer is zero, which is highly unusual and shows where the focus lay.

Fan, I find your conspiracy theories, Grange-baiting and serial factual errors entertaining but you're boring everyone else on here.

However, I'm assuming that you're kidding when you say that it's unusual for 16 yo's to play Colts, particularly when you expect 17yo's to be playing seniors instead of Colts.

I don't believe that there's any place called "Warnabool", but Beama did leave Brisbane in 2017 to return home to Warrnambool due to a job falling over.

He left Grange on good terms and was held in very high regard whilst he was there, hence his return as a coach this year.

Keep trying though.
Grange need to keep trying not me, the most under performed team for the cash they’ve splashed in the last decade.
Best canteen in Australia though!

Yes he did. He also tried to go to several other clubs before 2019 in coaching roles and was knocked back by at least2 that I know of.

He may have turned a corner, and I've had plenty to do with him and he's not someone I would have had coaching young players. Actually better suited to the senior role in fact, much better than the outgoing bloke.

There were several lads in the Grange Colts who would walk into their senior side had they chosen to pick their best available senior side, any denial of that is just a big fat fib. I get maybe keeping them down from Ressies when it becomes apparent the Colts could go deep and the Ressies are out of it, but denying them senior opportunity when good enough I personally don't agree with and hurts the club in the long run (and more importantly, the player)
What was wrong with the outgoing bloke ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back