QAFL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

His body couldn’t cope 3 years ago. Don’t reckon it would hold up now. But if I were grange I would be calling him every pre season

Maybe a few years has done him good, i reckon if he leaned down he wouldn’t be as injury prone, he wouldn’t look out of place in the NRL

Not happening.

surely if he was interested, it would be worth it?

Even if you got 6-8 games out of him, the guy is an absolute beast of a player. Has way more impact than many of the big name recruits in the comp.

A little birdie told me he was nearly lured to another QAFL club last year but pulled the pin at the last minute.

surely if he was interested, it would be worth it?

Even if you got 6-8 games out of him, the guy is an absolute beast of a player. Has way more impact than many of the big name recruits in the comp.

A little birdie told me he was nearly lured to another QAFL club last year but pulled the pin at the last minute.

Yes, except he's not interested.

Heard Fabian did his hamstring in first week at Grange? Poor bloke can’t take a trick.

Pretty sure it was just a minor calf strain, he was running slow laps at the next session.

For better or worse we're still a long way off Round 1, Grange's first trial is at Morningside on 14 March.

Pretty sure it was just a minor calf strain, he was running slow laps at the next session.

For better or worse we're still a long way off Round 1, Grange's first trial is at Morningside on 14 March.

Agree Judge, he will be sweet by round 1, was more indicating poor bloke can’t take a trick as he was passionate Sandgate person.

Pretty sure it was done about a fortnight ago. He is a great get for Grange 50 goal forwards don’t grow on trees.

cost em a few bob though

Why wouldn't he off gone back to Labrador ? 2 time premiership player there? Surely they would of wanted him ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grange offer was substantial

Grange's offer to Baxter reflects the fact that in addition to playing he will be the assistant coach in charge of the forward line, so he will have dual roles and responsibilities.

If Josh just wanted to play, and not coach as well, the offer would have been a lot lower but he's very keen to get involved in coaching as his playing career winds down and we're happy to give him that opportunity.

Grange's offer to Baxter reflects the fact that in addition to playing he will be the assistant coach in charge of the forward line, so he will have dual roles and responsibilities.

If Josh just wanted to play, and not coach as well, the offer would have been a lot lower but he's very keen to get involved in coaching as his playing career winds down and we're happy to give him that opportunity.
Ok. Fair enough. Probably a good get then. 1/2 gets discounted for salary cap purposes?

He also had a falling out with Labrador a few years back hence why he went back to Southport and was aligned with Broady.

We offered him a coaching role too at The cats but not big $$$$.

I say more power to Grange they were in the position to get him signed and they landed him.

surely Grange aren't anywhere near the cap, so discounting Baxter for the old coaching role trick won't matter anyway.

surely Grange aren't anywhere near the cap, so discounting Baxter for the old coaching role trick won't matter anyway.

What's the trick you refer to?

Are you suggesting that Grange is going to pay Baxter a coaching fee but not actually require him to coach? Or that he doesn't have the experience and skills to be an effective forward line coach in the QAFL?

Anyway, the one thing you are right about is that whatever happens Grange won't be paying anywhere near the top of the salary cap this year, there's certainly been no spending spree in pursuit of a quick fix.

Not suggesting Grange are doing anything dodgy, but allowing any club to just give a star recruit and player an assistant coaching role to then discount the salary spend is really just silly.

It's irrelevant, as I highly doubt any club in Brisbane is anywhere near the salary cap anyway

From what I hear down the line Maloney is doing a great job building the club from the base up. Not sure anyone can be critical of the steps he is taking. A strong Grange is critical for footy on the Northside as they’re the only QAFL club from the river to the Sunny Coast

From what I hear down the line Maloney is doing a great job building the club from the base up. Not sure anyone can be critical of the steps he is taking. A strong Grange is critical for footy on the Northside as they’re the only QAFL club from the river to the Sunny Coast
With Sandgate now gone together with former northside QAFL clubs like Mayne Kedron Windsor-Zillmere it's good to see Grange standing tall and from what I saw during the AFLW game, the facilities at Hickey Park including the condition of the oval seem to be outstanding. Hats off to Wilston Grange members. I hope season 2020 for the playing group is vast improvement from previous years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back