QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

We tried to find a taker SM with Sherwood the most likely however upon asking the playing group, it was a NO.Liquor licensing makes it very difficult to do up here as we found last year.
Can’t understand how much of a nanny state we are. The games are everywhere in Melbourne suburban grounds and mostly stand alone so have huge crowds.

Seems a massive opportunity missed I reckon.

The new season is nearly here ,, cant wait ,, looks like a very competitive comp...
Im up to running our Tipping Comp again if you guys want to participate .
Was a good comp last season with the most participants we have had ..
So let me know please ,,,
I’m in Stu and we appreciate the effort you put in mate to set up every year

Can’t understand how much of a nanny state we are. The games are everywhere in Melbourne suburban grounds and mostly stand alone so have huge crowds.

Seems a massive opportunity missed I reckon.
yes and about 10 years ago the country footy leagues trialled it and now nearly all of them have a good friday game ,,, like the ovens and murray game draws some 4000 plus spectators and like a minor league comp be it the Picola league have Berrigan vs Tocumwal and they say that draws some 22 plus spectators

Yeah I think it’s a bit different down there Stuyd.The actual leagues contact State Liquor licensing governing bodies and organise leniency for their clubs to play these games.AFLQ do not do that here so clubs are dealing directly with liquor licensing and the demands are ridiculous.GHaving a liquor license suspended for a long period or the very worst losing it would be the death of clubs!
And thanks for again organising the tipping I’m in👍
yes and about 10 years ago the country footy leagues trialled it and now nearly all of them have a good friday game ,,, like the ovens and murray game draws some 4000 plus spectators and like a minor league comp be it the Picola league have Berrigan vs Tocumwal and they say that draws some 22 plus Aj
yes and about 10 years ago the country footy leagues trialled it and now nearly all of them have a good friday game ,,, like the ovens and murray game draws some 4000 plus spectators and like a minor league comp be it the Picola league have Berrigan vs Tocumwal and they say that draws some 22 plus spectators

Mayne comfortable winners over Mt Gravett in both grades this afternoon. Hopefully Mounties have a few players to come in for the 1St round in a couple of weeks.

Mayne comfortable winners over Mt Gravett in both grades this afternoon. Hopefully Mounties have a few players to come in for the 1St round in a couple of weeks.
Thats a really worry for the Vultures if you’re losing candidly to a Div 1 team, and not even the top Div 1 team either. Really do hope for their sake that they have some strong players returning otherwise it could be a very long year for the vultures in what is meant to be a good one for their 60th

Lot of talk on the vultures and rightfully so. However Sherwood won only the 1 game last year and that wasn’t until in the latter half of the season. I would argue there needs to be just as much pressure on them to perform. Especially with another Brisbane based team coming in next year.

Haven’t heard much on Surfers, Sherwood, Morningside, Palmy and Noosa. How have they travelled in the pre season hit outs?

RVP v PBC yesterday- Around 9 goal win to RVP. Second half shortened due to injuries to PBC including Tom Hickey who last about 15 minutes. Having said that RVP looked sharp early and led by 6 goals at 1/4 time. Lots of new faces and 4-5 players who will most likely play round 1 not playing. Looked potent again up forward with Smith adding more firepower to the 150 goal 2023 duo . PBC won ressies by a goal but were the better side with ball use all day. RVP kicked last 4 goals to make it close. Any other practice match summaries?

RVP v PBC yesterday- Around 9 goal win to RVP. Second half shortened due to injuries to PBC including Tom Hickey who last about 15 minutes. Having said that RVP looked sharp early and led by 6 goals at 1/4 time. Lots of new faces and 4-5 players who will most likely play round 1 not playing. Looked potent again up forward with Smith adding more firepower to the 150 goal 2023 duo . PBC won ressies by a goal but were the better side with ball use all day. RVP kicked last 4 goals to make it close. Any other practice match summaries?
What was Tom Hickeys injury? Also how is Aaron Hall going for PBC. That’s a pretty powerful ruck/mid combo there.

What was Tom Hickeys injury? Also how is Aaron Hall going for PBC. That’s a pretty powerful ruck/mid combo there.

Think it was an ankle- he was limping but didn’t seem too serious. Think they were being cautious. Hall didn’t play. Strong rumour that was running around was Buddy signing for 10 games…. I’m always dubious of such rumours but how good would that be for the competition if true. Anyone from PBC can confirm or deny?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it was an ankle- he was limping but didn’t seem too serious. Think they were being cautious. Hall didn’t play. Strong rumour that was running around was Buddy signing for 10 games…. I’m always dubious of such rumours but how good would that be for the competition if true. Anyone from PBC can confirm or deny?

I did hear 3 or 4 home games only for Buddy a long time ago but can tell you he hasn’t registered as yet! I did enquire about it to an ex Palmy President and was given the thumbs up.Be awesome if he plays👍

I did hear 3 or 4 home games only for Buddy a long time ago but can tell you he hasn’t registered as yet! I did enquire about it to an ex Palmy President and was given the thumbs up.Be awesome if he plays👍
Agree. But if you’re Palmy the priority would surely be to play him home games for revenue??

Lot of talk on the vultures and rightfully so. However Sherwood won only the 1 game last year and that wasn’t until in the latter half of the season. I would argue there needs to be just as much pressure on them to perform. Especially with another Brisbane based team coming in next year.

Haven’t heard much on Surfers, Sherwood, Morningside, Palmy and Noosa. How have they travelled in the pre season hit outs?
The strong rumour Miller Sacked the Sherwood Coach friday (?) will not help..?

Last edited:
GEELitLONG, Are you calling a Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde conspiracy?

BTW - Where have you been for 5 years?? Your last QAFL post was back in 2019.

5 coaches in 6 years.. Perhaps an expanding quandary..?

Where does the buck stop? Who has overseen failure?

See if yall can discuss without attacking the messenger..

5 coaches in 6 years.. Perhaps an expanding quandary..?

Where does the buck stop? Who has overseen failure?

See if yall can discuss without attacking the messenger..
I don’t disagree with anything you’ve written. The facts are that Sherwood have finished beneath Mt Gravatt the past 2 seasons.

However Sherwood FC is a long standing club with plenty of old boys from their various premiership years who will keep the committee (& President) in check at each & every AGM. If they don’t then more fool them.

And just to confirm - you put your alias in sleep mode for 5 years, revive it so you can take an anonymous drive by at one of the few guys who puts his name on here, and somehow you feel like you’re the one attacked if asked a question back?

Would be unbelievable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back