QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe most are tipping Kedron and Wynnum as the teams to beat followed by Morton Bay, Nambour and Gympie but there will be others that will challenge tho. I believe it will be a close competition
Nice way to play yourself down.
Selling yourself a bit short.
You blokes have been strong for a couple of years.
Only a fool would think any different.
Nice try mate.

Nambour and hinterland will
Surprise I reckon have had really good numbers over pre season and a coach that seems to have a pretty good following as a fellow sunshine coaster I hope they go well

Popped past Redcliffe through the week and numbers looked okay. 25ish? Hard to measure training but looked to have a couple of nice movers.

I also saw a picture this week that showed Hinterland having about 20 on the track.

What do most of you consider good numbers? Quality is different to quality, but numbers on the track are surely an important guide.

Last edited:
Popped past Redcliffe through the week and numbers looked okay. 25ish? Hard to measure training but looked to have a couple of nice movers.

I also saw a picture this week that showed Hinterland having about 20 on the track.

What do most of you consider good numbers? Quality is different to quality, but numbers on the track are surely an important guide.

There were 32 in that pic and about another half dozen turned up late!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched my hawks go down in a close one against Grange but heard Tigers didn't impress against Toowoomba. Missing most of there team from last year. Struggling?

Watched Gympie and Hinterland play Noosa at Noosa in trial games today. Noosa won easily in both games. Hinterland showed flashes but lack of a forward showed through lost 130ish to 35. Gympie on the other hand were scoreless going down 145-0 but very obviously played the stronger side of the two “split teams” Noosa used instead of using sole reserve and senior sides, but Gympie only looked to have about 4 inside 50s for the whole game and were very disappointing from the hype I had heard around the place on them. Given Noosa are far beyond division 3 level it’s not as bad as it could have been but both teams seemed lost against Noosa’s run and carry.

Watched my hawks go down in a close one against Grange but heard Tigers didn't impress against Toowoomba. Missing most of there team from last year. Struggling?
What’s your beef with the tigers if your from Sandgate ? The hawks have been poaching there best juniors for years . There div 3 your QAFL?

Watched Gympie and Hinterland play Noosa at Noosa in trial games today. Noosa won easily in both games. Hinterland showed flashes but lack of a forward showed through lost 130ish to 35. Gympie on the other hand were scoreless going down 145-0 but very obviously played the stronger side of the two “split teams” Noosa used instead of using sole reserve and senior sides, but Gympie only looked to have about 4 inside 50s for the whole game and were very disappointing from the hype I had heard around the place on them. Given Noosa are far beyond division 3 level it’s not as bad as it could have been but both teams seemed lost against Noosa’s run and carry.
I wouldn't read to much into results.
No club in div 3 would get close to noosa.

I wouldn't read to much into results.
No club in div 3 would get close to noosa.

Noosa beat a QAFL team by 5 goals so I’m well aware not to read into the results too much. I was just shocked at how poor Gympie were after the big hype they’ve built after the Pomona merge and moving from last to premiers in one season. May be different against div 3 sides but it was definitely a lack lustre performance.

How much of each game did you actually watch?

What’s your beef with the tigers if your from Sandgate ? The hawks have been poaching there best juniors for years . There div 3 your QAFL?

I can only assume Nomads gripe is with me and not the footy club. Certainly makes for entertaining reading.

Feel free to give me a call champ to discuss in person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back