QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

A bloke who coached at his former club is best mates with an eagles player who moved there, that's where the connection is from. From geelong, did not know the eagles ruckman before heading out that way

Big Jahn is one of my good mates who was coming to play for me at Moorooka before I was moved on.

We were at Gladstone together and him and his fiancé moved down and he was coming to play footy for me along with some other Muddies boys I had at Moorooka.

Once I was moved on I put him in touch with Robbo down at Cooly as myself and Robbo played footy overseas together and I have a lot of respect for him and the way he goes about his footy.

In the end one night I introduced him to my best mate who was my assistant at Moorooka and he was heading to Ipswich with a number of others and it just fit well for big Zac and he loves it down there.

Make no mistake he had offers from clubs higher up including a contract from Labrador but he plays footy for the love of it and being a mate of mine he wanted a familiar face around.

It’s just abit of a coincidence that he will probably kick his 100th against the team he would’ve been playing for if things stayed the same.

Last edited:

Big Jahn is one of my good mates who was coming to play for me at Moorooka before I was moved on.

We were at Gladstone together and him and his fiancé moved down and he was coming to play footy for me along with some other Muddies boys I had at Moorooka.

Once I was moved on I put him in touch with Robbo down at Cooly as myself and Robbo played footy overseas together and I have a lot of respect for him and the way he goes about his footy.

In the end one night I introduced him to my best mate who was my assistant at Moorooka and he was heading to Ipswich with a number of others and it just fit well for big Zac and he loves it down there.

Make no mistake he had offers from clubs higher up including a contract from Labrador but he plays footy for the love of it and being a mate of mine he wanted a familiar face around.

It’s just abit of a coincidence that he will probably kick his 100th against the team he would’ve been playing for if things stayed the same.

3 lemon lime and bitters please, extra bitter.

getting towards the pointy end of the season, which appears to be a two horse race now.

My tip is carrara for flag, jahn for league ledal and ipswich to throw first if they start losing in the gf. should be a cracker if a saints vs eagles gf.

On a bigger ground the eagles may start favs.

Whoever wins div 3 will need to recruit strongly, its a bigger jump than people think between the divisions. A lot faster footy, you can't carry fat blokes with talent like a lot of div 3 teams do.

getting towards the pointy end of the season, which appears to be a two horse race now.

My tip is carrara for flag, jahn for league ledal and ipswich to throw first if they start losing in the gf. should be a cracker if a saints vs eagles gf.

All over the place you flog, tipping Carrara to win,Ipswich to throw the first if losing then you say should be a cracker IF it’s a saints Vs Eagles!!! Don’t be a flog and just say that you don’t believe the Eagles will make it. I definitely don’t rate them or ur saints for that matter and I putting it out there Kedron will do your saints like a dinner, ladder position means jack s**t, saints second last year on ladder then didn’t even make it. I’m tipping my boys down at the pen to make a good contest this week.

Last edited:

Last round at Carrara will be a cracker.

Last round at Carrara will be a cracker.
Yep, wynnum expected to win the next 2 so IF eagles beat carrara down there it would jump the Vikings into 2nd position. IF carrara wins, looks like the eagles would get them out out at ipswich the very next week.
Lucky duckys hot tip could get up and changes the course of things....better late than never

Just a quick shout out to the spectator who yesterday thought it was a good idea to call me a c#$t and every other name in the book.
You don't have to like my umpiring old mate but when you carry on like that in front of women and children you just embarrass yourself and more importantly your club.
Which you were wearing the club shirt.
I still don't understand why we have ground marshalls at junior games but not seniors.
I don't really care what you think of me what I care about is the behaviour you seem to think acceptable.
Judging by the way your club is going on the field I assume you have nothing to do with their success.

Are you taking about that tall, skin headed peanut that was abusing the ressies umpires?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha! You could say that about just about any club mate! Plenty of w***ers out there giving clubs a bad name whilst majority of clubs are full of decent and respectful members!
As far as local footy goes, history suggests they are the leaders in this category.

After my experience last week it was the complete opposite yesterday.
Had to do both ressies and firsts and both games were a pleasure to umpire.
Yes not everyone agreed with my decisions but all players from both sides copped it on the chin and just played footy.
The spectators were in form and nothing but good banter from the hill.
Nambour in both be grades in my opinion have improved greatly.
Hopefully they will continue on the same path and add a couple more players to the list.
The last few games should give them some confidence to give next year a fair shake.
Thanks for the beer after the game as well.

After my experience last week it was the complete opposite yesterday.
Had to do both ressies and firsts and both games were a pleasure to umpire.
Yes not everyone agreed with my decisions but all players from both sides copped it on the chin and just played footy.
The spectators were in form and nothing but good banter from the hill.
Nambour in both be grades in my opinion have improved greatly.
Hopefully they will continue on the same path and add a couple more players to the list.
The last few games should give them some confidence to give next year a fair shake.
Thanks for the beer after the game as well.
Yet we are now hit with a report - I'm gathering from the other ump. Gobsmacked. Now I've gotta take time from my work day to address frivolous garbage that will rub a guy out for a fortnight

Yet we are now hit with a report - I'm gathering from the other ump. Gobsmacked. Now I've gotta take time from my work day to address frivolous garbage that will rub a guy out for a fortnight
I spoke to the coach after the game I had no idea this happened.
No one told me until I went into the umps room to offer them a drink after the game.
Hope he only gets a warning.
Thought said player was very good for you Saturday.

No one told me until I went into the umps room to offer them a drink after the game.
A reprimand would be common sense wouldn't you think?
But Nooooooo! Because some pathetic trumped up twat with nothing better to do wrings his wrists together a bloke will be sitting on the sidelines this week and we go with precedence! Weak as piss

If you didn't report him Buck, wouldn't that mean their own club umpire reported the player? Or is The Doc from Kedron as well?

If you didn't report him Buck, wouldn't that mean their own club umpire reported the player? Or is The Doc from Kedron as well?
Im under the impression that the goal umpire made the report.
I was the club umpire for both games.
They had one qafl umpire in ressies and one field and one boundary and two goals in firsts.
Don't know how that happens but it is what it is.
This was in the ones.
I was the only clubbie on the day for both games.
By the end of my eighth quarter I was a bit sore.
Given the nature of the offence I hope he doesn't get rubbed out for it.
But not my decision to make.
I had good banter with him on the day and seems like a good bloke.
If he gets time for this the bloke last week should be hauled in front of aflq.
His behavior was a hundred times worse.
But alas he was apparently only a spectator ( cough cough).
From what I've been told he's more than just a spectator.
It's a mixed up world.

Im under the impression that the goal umpire made the report.
I was the club umpire for both games.
They had one qafl umpire in ressies and one field and one boundary and two goals in firsts.
Don't know how that happens but it is what it is.
This was in the ones.
I was the only clubbie on the day for both games.
By the end of my eighth quarter I was a bit sore.
Given the nature of the offence I hope he doesn't get rubbed out for it.
But not my decision to make.
I had good banter with him on the day and seems like a good bloke.
If he gets time for this the bloke last week should be hauled in front of aflq.
His behavior was a hundred times worse.
But alas he was apparently only a spectator ( cough cough).
From what I've been told he's more than just a spectator.
It's a mixed up world.
Well cough cough to you too mate he is only a spectator played at the club last year and 5 minutes earlier in the year when the ressies were short, maybe just get on with your job and stop whinging constantly about stuff, a number of things have happened to our players this year and one incident involving a player from your club but you don’t see us whinging about stuff on social media.

I’d imagine AFLQ would be really impressed that an umpire ( club or official) is on here talking about reports from the game they umpired in

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back