QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

2 years ago: 12, 14, 16 to 12.5, 14.5, 16.5. 1 year ago Comm Cup/ Conference and this year odd numbers. Clubs and individuals pay AFLQ, not ghe other way around. We should decide on the product we are buying. 1 reason to change for 2022 was 'currently not in line with the female age groups'... these comps are in their infancy and with so many new players to the game would benefit changing to evens to keep existing groups together... you are correct, as I said earlier this is solely targeted on short term draft numbers the same as last year's nationwide structure embarrassment, talent squeezed into destination clubs. A flimsy set a cherry-picked statistics sent to clubs is another insult.
Think the age group change is more to do with keeping school aged kids iun youth footy, rather than forcing them into Colts/Reserves/Seniors (Saturday footy!) when still in year 11 and 12.

The no Colts outside QAFL is pretty dumb, especially if they think kids not up to QAFL colts would be able to compete at Div 3 level - absolutely no chance. Half of Div 2 wouldn't be competitive in Div 3!

Think the age group change is more to do with keeping school aged kids iun youth footy, rather than forcing them into Colts/Reserves/Seniors (Saturday footy!) when still in year 11 and 12.

The no Colts outside QAFL is pretty dumb, especially if they think kids not up to QAFL colts would be able to compete at Div 3 level - absolutely no chance. Half of Div 2 wouldn't be competitive in Div 3!
Then put them in div 4 or 5. Not hard

Do you think that with the changes at AFLQ head office that there is a concerted effort to reduce the number of competitions in line with the reduced staff?

Do you think that with the changes at AFLQ head office that there is a concerted effort to reduce the number of competitions in line with the reduced staff?
I hope that's not the case.
That would be very selfish and disrespectful.
Maybe it has to do with getting young lads to play footy at 9am. You can have a colts comp that play Friday nite and Saturday after seniors.

Fair point SMY. Millar raises a fair point about all the distractions for kids at the Colts age but we've had Colts age change up to 19.0 in the past and back again over the years so yet to be convinced age change alone will make any difference. I agree most QFA Colts won't be ready to compete with men so why not just set the QFA Colts to Friday night in a standalone comp?

I hope that's not the case.
That would be very selfish and disrespectful.
Maybe it has to do with getting young lads to play footy at 9am. You can have a colts comp that play Friday nite and Saturday after seniors.
Schedule getting busy after mens footy on Saturday with the growth of womens footy

Schedule getting busy after mens footy on Saturday with the growth of womens footy
But wouldn't that mean more teams and more money to be collected from head office. Not sure how many people they got rid off to save money but we didn't see any clubs fold so all paying fees.
Should be some coin in surplus to get some staff.

But wouldn't that mean more teams and more money to be collected from head office. Not sure how many people they got rid off to save money but we didn't see any clubs fold so all paying fees.
Should be some coin in surplus to get some staff.
Approx 70% reduction in staff I was told - obviously not all in the area of managing competitions but a fair whack. yes, correct, should make up some coin this year you would think.

Approx 70% reduction in staff I was told - obviously not all in the area of managing competitions but a fair whack. yes, correct, should make up some coin this year you would think.
Wow 70% that's massive.
But unfourtanly it just proved how overstaffed and unimportant some of those jobs must have been.
Nothing like a crisis to highlight how long you've been wasting money.
With a new outlook you would think they would get the staffing right next year.
Money shouldn't be too much of an issue if all clubs are paying fees.

Wow 70% that's massive.
But unfourtanly it just proved how overstaffed and unimportant some of those jobs must have been.
Nothing like a crisis to highlight how long you've been wasting money.
With a new outlook you would think they would get the staffing right next year.
Money shouldn't be too much of an issue if all clubs are paying fees.
Yeah probably tend to agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you see that 83% of clubs wanted to change and the three reasons they gave for not changing?

#whybotherasking
Community Cup and Conference consultation again...
Oh and 47% said no or 'unsure' to disbanding the Colts. Wtf it wasn't a survey. It was a set of cherry-picked, irrelevant stats. 🤣🤣🤣

Think the issue wasn't the youth age groups, but rather the removal of Colts from QFA clubs.

I didn't think that would be too popular either, but surely you can change the age groups and not remove QFA Colts - didn't have to be all or nothing?

Think the issue wasn't the youth age groups, but rather the removal of Colts from QFA clubs.

I didn't think that would be too popular either, but surely you can change the age groups and not remove QFA Colts - didn't have to be all or nothing?

That's absolutely right, but is there a sign now that HQ will backtrack and agree to the continuation of QFA Colts?

agree. Extending juniors and colts out another year made perfect sense. Getting rid of QFA colts didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back