Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t seem to find anything online but your best bet would be either your local AFL Store, or trying newsagents. There’s a chance they weren’t made this year due to the high possibility of major changes to the fixture through the season.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Going by the picture I found, they must be producing them. I say a reduction in the amount made would be due to the chance there will be change. However my fixture for 2020 was totally reprinted by myself and stuck into the normal fixture.

I just hope that the AFL fixture isn't another thing that we loss because of Covid-19. The things we have lost so far have been things like local newspapers in suburban Melbourne and Caribbean Gardens Market. I know there are others, we will look back at this time and think about the things we lost.

Going by the picture I found, they must be producing them. I say a reduction in the amount made would be due to the chance there will be change. However my fixture for 2020 was totally reprinted by myself and stuck into the normal fixture.

I just hope that the AFL fixture isn't another thing that we loss because of Covid-19. The things we have lost so far have been things like local newspapers in suburban Melbourne and Caribbean Gardens Market. I know there are others, we will look back at this time and think about the things we lost.

The picture you found is the 2019 one, from DynamicGift who do promotional items.

Could be worth asking them.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
The picture you found is the 2019 one, from DynamicGift who do promotional items.

Could be worth asking them.
Email them early this morning and have not received a message back. Tried an AFL store today, they didn't get them this year. Dynamic Gift also produces a NRL fixture, and they don't announce the make up of rounds until later in the year. The AFL has done this for Round 23 for a few years now.

So a few years have gone by and I no longer have Illustrator or Photoshop, and have fallen a bit behind with the Adobe Creative Suite. Is it possible to buy these programs as a once off for full ownership, or is it all subscription based now?

Cole Dammett

Backyard Cricket Hero
Apr 7, 2007
The Bay
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bays - Giants - Bite
Does anyone know when guernseys stopped being genuine wool and became acrylic wool? Got a Crows guernsey from 1991 and it's what I'd call a Woolen guernsey but tagged as 100% acrylic

Also - anyone know where I'd find period correct numbers for the back of it?

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Does anyone know when guernseys stopped being genuine wool and became acrylic wool? Got a Crows guernsey from 1991 and it's what I'd call a Woolen guernsey but tagged as 100% acrylic

Also - anyone know where I'd find period correct numbers for the back of it?
Acrylic started to be the choice about 1970.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
So a few years have gone by and I no longer have Illustrator or Photoshop, and have fallen a bit behind with the Adobe Creative Suite. Is it possible to buy these programs as a once off for full ownership, or is it all subscription based now?

Subscription only.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Welcome back mate 🙌

A few of us have moved to Affinity Photo, who currently have a 90 day free trial due to Covid, and a cheaper one-time payment if you want to buy it. See what you think!

muggsy26

Senior List
Jan 14, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey Guys, I am trying to find a Fitzroy Lion and am sure I have seen one for download floating around here and was wondering if someone could direct me to its' location?

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hey Guys, I am trying to find a Fitzroy Lion and am sure I have seen one for download floating around here and was wondering if someone could direct me to its' location?
Fitzroy Lion in what format?
From what era?

1618077274836.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lemon Boi

High quality
Nov 20, 2019
The Citrus Grove
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
North QLD Cowboys, Las Vegas Bears
Some VFA questions:

a) When did they introduce numbers, 1911 or 1912?

b) When did they introduce home and away shorts, 1924 like the VFL?

c) Did every team in the VFA wear their new coloured shorts in every game of 1975?
And if so, when were white shorts reintroduced?

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Do we have a name for that faded Gold Richmond BLK clash? I’ve got a suggestion
‘The Old English Cheeseer’
About 5 years too late there

Reading about the whole power prison bar thing made me think.

Whatever happened to heritage round? Do we know why it got scrapped? As in did the afl ever actually give a reason in a press release or anything?
Stopped making money when the retails stopped selling

Yeh, not an AFL response that i would assume?

I know the reasons for it, im actually curious if the AFL came out and said "it is done because X" in anything official.
Sorry my bad - I'm pretty sure Mero Has said the AFL stopped it because it stopped making them money

Remove this Banner Ad

Back