All Australian
Oct 1, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Reading FC
Ok

So for example, Melbourne is playing Adelaide and then Port straight after one another, like so

1. Melbourne vs Adelaide
2. Melbourne vs Port Adelaide
3. Adelaide vs Port Adelaide

My question is this. Can Melbourne (and PA) change their team (the players in the team) for the second match? So the players for the second match would be fresher, compared to the people who had already played a 40 minute match. This also allows more members of the team to experience AFL-level play.

Does anyone know if this is allowed? Or adversely, if the team picked for the first game, is the team that must also play the second game.

TYIA

From what I understand . NO , same team plays.

Best spot to play would be New team in second game. Team you are playing has already used up fresh start and puffing, while team in the third game has had to keep from cooling down too far and would have had to keep active for the second game. So in the example above easiest run would be Port Adelaide

you would hope & imagine the bench rules would be substantially relaxed for such a circus. yes a good chance to give the entire squad a run, especially the newbies against experienced players / teams, but likewise those clubs that feel its important to chase the title will go hard to progress.

as always, good to get the footy back, but dont take it seriously.

good to see whats happening with the rules. i had no idea after just seeing it in a newspaper and it confused the hell out of me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back