Official Club Stuff Questions/suggestions for RFC_Official 2017/2018 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

That is pretty disappointing that Puma can't produce a range for this year....very disappointing in fact
Really?

Like, really?

Really?

Like, really?
Yes...disappointing the club cannot benefit from the sales of merchandise in the 2017 season like the other 17 clubs are.

Puma are not exactly a back street sweat shop, I would have thought in my experience that they would be able to roll out a product line fairly quickly based on the size of the organisation.

Clubs loss on the bottom line, every little bit counts

They didnt have enough time, we were still contracted with blk for 2017, and they only collapsed very late in 2016

Puma did well to change what they did, get the designs approved, made, and shipped in the time they did

Interestingly Adelaide staff all still in BLK tracksuit tops, but ISC polos - so I think PUMA have done well to get us consistent for 2017.

Interestingly Adelaide staff all still in BLK tracksuit tops, but ISC polos - so I think PUMA have done well to get us consistent for 2017.
maybe we should bring out the BLK polo's again :D might make us play like Adelaide

Yes...disappointing the club cannot benefit from the sales of merchandise in the 2017 season like the other 17 clubs are.

Puma are not exactly a back street sweat shop, I would have thought in my experience that they would be able to roll out a product line fairly quickly based on the size of the organisation.

Clubs loss on the bottom line, every little bit counts

The production isnt the key hold up.

First you have to put together a range of design options, which rfc provide their feedback on.

Revised designs based upon this feedback get done, with ongoing changes until rfc is happy.

Then the designs get sent to the afl for approval because they own the rights to our name, logo, and colours.

Then production models would get made for final sign off (to make sure what is done in the factory still meets our requirements)

This process usually takes months, esp when you involve the afl who take their sweet time to approve anything.

Then you make it, store it pending testing and inspection, and then finally ship it.

Now remember this has to be done for every design variation of t shirt, polo, shorts, trackies, singlets, hoodies, jackets, jumpers, and on and on and on.

Don't get me wrong I understand its a massive task, really just hope that the demise of BLK doesn't hinder the club more than it should or already has.

This certainly wont stop me purchasing - the range on players and officials look fantastic

The production isnt the key hold up.

First you have to put together a range of design options, which rfc provide their feedback on.

Revised designs based upon this feedback get done, with ongoing changes until rfc is happy.

Then the designs get sent to the afl for approval because they own the rights to our name, logo, and colours.

Then production models would get made for final sign off (to make sure what is done in the factory still meets our requirements)

This process usually takes months, esp when you involve the afl who take their sweet time to approve anything.

Then you make it, store it pending testing and inspection, and then finally ship it.

Now remember this has to be done for every design variation of t shirt, polo, shorts, trackies, singlets, hoodies, jackets, jumpers, and on and on and on.
All of which looked to have been designed/created and approved by the AFL already as the players and officials wouldn't be wearing them day in day out

Bring on 6-1

All of which looked to have been designed/created and approved by the AFL already as the players and officials wouldn't be wearing them day in day out

Bring on 6-1

A lot of that stuff is generic/dortmund gear with sponsor logos heat pressed on

Not the quality punters want to pay for, which is why the range is limited. Only the stuff they could get out to an appropriate quality is being sold (and even that stuff is mostly using generic designs)

As rfco said, isc couldnt even get tracksuits done in time for the crows, so we should be happy puma got rid of blk for us as much as they have

The club was pretty open at the start of this that this year's range was very limited - mostly to the club because what they have is a rush job because everything was brought forward a year (and late in the year too) and that next year's would be the classic range of high quality stuff

If they rushed out poor merch no one would buy it and they would get slammed.
Would rather they wait a year because it won't effect much of the bottom dollar for my point above and recoup the losses with more stock moved with a better product.

Don't forget Puma are hurting off this too

Honest question: are we going to request some sort of explanation from the afl/umpire about that decision?
Wrong thread to be asking the question if you actually want an answer.

I am sure they will send a request for a please explain as I'm sure all clubs do every week but it won't be broadcast to the fans, it'll be done properly and quietly internally.

Hey RFC_Official, can you let the morons at Telstra know the app won't play any videos on my Samsung s7. Have rebooted phone and reinstalled the app. V frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for intruding guys, couldn't find a random chat thread or a "thoughts not worthy of a thread" thread and short of starting a new one I just thought I'd post it here.

Can anyone identify who the bloke is taking a mark at 2:21 of this video? I'm putting together a compilation of great grabs but I have no idea who it is. There's also another Tiger at 0:39, sounds like "Pattison" but I'm not sure?

Any help appreciated, thanks

Sorry for intruding guys, couldn't find a random chat thread or a "thoughts not worthy of a thread" thread and short of starting a new one I just thought I'd post it here.

Can anyone identify who the bloke is taking a mark at 2:21 of this video? I'm putting together a compilation of great grabs but I have no idea who it is. There's also another Tiger at 0:39, sounds like "Pattison" but I'm not sure?

Any help appreciated, thanks

39 seconds - Michael Patterson.

Played from 1959-1969. He and KB played in two games (?) where Patterson had a mark and kicked a goal or more.

Round 7, 1967 Round 14, 1968. Comparison to footyjumper design for Geelong, it's probably the 1967 game.

39 seconds - Michael Patterson.

Played from 1959-1969. He and KB played in two games (?) where Patterson had a mark and kicked a goal or more.

Round 7, 1967 Round 14, 1968. Comparison to footyjumper design for Geelong, it's probably the 1967 game.

Geez, solid detective work mate! Thanks! Any idea on the second one?

RFC_Official it has been reported that a number of melbourne clubs are interested in replacing GC as the "host" of Ports China game in 2018

Is our board prepared to confirm that RFC will not be looking to play a game overseas during the h&a season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back