Official Club Stuff Questions/suggestions for RFC_Official 2017/2018 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey mate, sold heaps of tickets for the punt rd GF day just curious as to what the money raised went too? obviously, it goes to the club but thought a charity or cause that money could have gone to would be amazing ... Just thought of this before and if it has been reported could you link it to me.

Hey mate, appreciate your interest in the live site, it could be one for discussion at the AGM, as they’d have a better idea of the breakdown once the financials are finalised. From my understanding in the initial discussions leading into the week and the planning for the event, were that very little, if any, money was made from the live site. The staffing, security, staging and AV hire, other facilities were all outsourced for the event at short notice.

As for money raised for the Alannah and Madeline Foundation from merchandise sales and the Round 20 game, etc. I’d expect an announcement on the total amount for the year later this week/early next week to coincide with their annual gala this Saturday night. Cheers.

cmon really?

yes, really

pies were prepared to whore themselves to the highest bidder. what part of that doesnt sound like eddie?

remember EFC did the same thing and they left

yes, really

pies were prepared to whore themselves to the highest bidder. what part of that doesnt sound like eddie?

remember EFC did the same thing and they left
EFC have regretted it ever since. And and that has been born of boom in membership/attendance.
And while Eddie would certainly publicly engage in that type of brinkmanship he was never going to lock out 10K-20K+ worth of members. He may be press, and it might look dictatorial over there, but that move would never have got through the board level.

EFC have regretted it ever since. And and that has been born of boom in membership/attendance.
And while Eddie would certainly publicly engage in that type of brinkmanship he was never going to lock out 10K-20K+ worth of members. He may be press, and it might look dictatorial over there, but that move would never have got through the board level.

EFC took the deal though, it was best for them

as for "locking out 10-20k", who is getting locked out? AFL members? MCC members? blokes who contribute less than $100 each to CFC? Pies stayed because they got the sweetheart deal of the northern stand AND rights to away game reserved seats - thats all. and the only reason they were offered that was the MCC didn't want to lose them

I can tell you 100% the MCC know we will never leave (we will burn the joint down if Gale did that), and that has effected any attempt to negotiate a better deal.

EFC took the deal though, it was best for them

as for "locking out 10-20k", who is getting locked out? AFL members? MCC members? blokes who contribute less than $100 each to CFC? Pies stayed because they got the sweetheart deal of the northern stand AND rights to away game reserved seats - thats all. and the only reason they were offered that was the MCC didn't want to lose them

I can tell you 100% the MCC know we will never leave (we will burn the joint down if Gale did that), and that has effected any attempt to negotiate a better deal.
The 10-20 would be those who joined after the deal was done. Not sure the AFL/MCC get same rights at Etihad. And if Benny has said that to them then that might be his only blemish.

The 10-20 would be those who joined after the deal was done. Not sure the AFL/MCC get same rights at Etihad. And if Benny has said that to them then that might be his only blemish.

bullshit - the notion pies only brought 30-40k to games is a nonsense

afl and mcc dont get the same access rights at etihad - but thats irrelevant to the pies as its not their revenue source

afl and mcc dont get the same access rights at etihad - but thats irrelevant to the pies as its not their revenue source
10-20k members not attendance. They were verging on if not over 50K at the time, they were never going to move to a ground with 56K capacity. There by locking out fair whack of GA home game members, or worse making them pay more when they already had paid to get in.

afl members do get general access for games there, so they do have the same access, just not a special area like at the mcg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

afl members do get general access for games there, so they do have the same access, just not a special area like at the mcg.

How much ga is at the efc home games?

10-20k members not attendance. They were verging on if not over 50K at the time, they were never going to move to a ground with 56K capacity. There by locking out fair whack of GA home game members, or worse making them pay more when they already had paid to get in.

Your forgetting price. 50k members paying $500 each is better than 100k paying $200 each

Efc and the eagles have shown if you max out ga and have nearly all reserved seating you can juice the premiums charged because of scarcity

So million dollar question. Why did the MCC back down to the pies if they were never leaving? You want to blame the club for this, but we only get a deal if the MCC wantto give us one. Ourdeal has expired, for several years now. Why do the MCC need to negotiate with us if we are not leaving? What bargaining power do we have when our membership is 100% opposed to relocation - and the MCC know it

Why do the MCC need to negotiate with us if we are not leaving? What bargaining power do we have when our membership is 100% opposed to relocation - and the MCC know it
Only a Etihad relocation. I am not averse to the idea of building our own ground in conjunction with Collingwood in the precinct opposite. Entirely feasible with 2 clubs that have a combined highest membership/attendance/sponsorship/viewership. They can drag in T20 team and ancillary events it would be in use 75%+ of weekends. 60K+ seated and 30K standing. If were getting dudded change the damn dynamic. And my old man and gfather were just as opposed to leaving punt rd for the G at the time. Lets not limit ourselves.

I also know plenty of EFC fans who have dropped of for that exact reason. They did have the days at the G and since Etihad it has slowly choked them out. They may never get to where they should be, should they remain there. WCE have never known anything different so the dynamic is different.

Only a Etihad relocation. I am not averse to the idea of building our own ground in conjunction with Collingwood in the precinct opposite. Entirely feasible with 2 clubs that have a combined highest membership/attendance/sponsorship/viewership. They can drag in T20 team and ancillary events it would be in use 75%+ of weekends. 60K+ seated and 30K standing. If were getting dudded change the damn dynamic. And my old man and gfather were just as opposed to leaving punt rd for the G at the time. Lets not limit ourselves.

I also know plenty of EFC fans who have dropped of for that exact reason. They did have the days at the G and since Etihad it has slowly choked them out. They may never get to where they should be, should they remain there. WCE have never known anything different so the dynamic is different.

1) a new ground will cost a billion. Good luck finding that when we struggle to get $10m from the state govt for the next pro upgrade

2) afl dictate where games are played. They will not allow a third ground now they own etihad

3) so efc fans stopped being members, its because the ones who stayed are paying enough of a premium to cover it. Its how scarcity works - people miss out, and the rest are forced to pay more to avoid a similar fate

AFAIK just walk up like usual, but since we dont play them there i cant be completely sure. Our membership is something like 40 games at a combined MCG/Etihad with no individual limits per venue.

EFC is mostly reserved seating for etihad now. their three gamers are block memberships offering for specific ones (rather than any three)

its why efc sell out and only have 46k turning up - non attendance of their reserved seat holders

At least throw up a realistic idea, how do you propose that a new stadium is funded?
The government wouldn't pay for it and rightfully so since we have a 100k seat staium already.
We don't have even close to the money to build a stadium and I'm pretty sure we won't be able to get a loan big enough for that either, I don't think you thought this one out at all...

EFC is mostly reserved seating for etihad now. their three gamers are block memberships offering for specific ones (rather than any three)

its why efc sell out and only have 46k turning up - non attendance of their reserved seat holders
Yep but as AFL members we still get access subject to capacity, even if its reduced.

Yep but as AFL members we still get access subject to capacity, even if its reduced.

very very minimal - there is a big difference between 25k seats and a tiny fraction of that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back