Preview R:8 - Swans v Giants - 1:45pm SCG - Saturday 4 May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will be interesting to see who goes out for Parker.

Assuming Parker plays as a forward I am almost going to say Hayward, but there is no way Longmire will pull that trigger.

It would probably be unfair to Hayward too, but in saying that whoever gets dropped this week for Parker is going to feel a bit hard done by.

yes ... it's great for team depth, but a disappointment for a player ...
but parker and rampe (and lloyd) are approaching that stage where their return to seniors is no longer automatic, and i guess parker knows that now

I come in peace, for this exact moment.

I may have said some things in the past (2 days ago is still the past and not current) that may have been "degrading" to your club. But I'm a big enough Giant to admit that this is probably going to be the biggest, if not the best, Sydney Derby during the H&A since day dot.
Of course some have said there is a Sydney Derby GF in our future and that would make Vics heads explode so all good and hope that happens. Too early to tell now.

the future is now, baby!
real possibility this season

and hey, may as well be ambitious ... imagine if this rivalry grew to the extent we played not one, not two but the next three grand finals ... and i'd be the first to concede you guys were unlucky to lose all three! ... but meanwhile, and more importantly, in victoria, the footy media have elected to no longer cover afl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS have a great defensive setup. In Taylor, HH and Buckley, they have one of the strongest tall defender group. Idun is capable of playing on any type of forward, good height and moves very well. Whitfield, Perryman and Ash all dangerous off HB. The fact that Haynes, Leek and Cummings most probably won't be selected is a good indication how strong the Giants defence is. I rate them the best in the league and if we are not slick on our delivery, it will be a very long night.

best defence in the league

I feel like Parker in for Amartey seems really obvious but Horse just hasn't shown any inclination to want to stray from the three talls. Been pretty much the constant structure since the start of 2021, rain, hail or shine.

Fox seems a frequent sacrificial lamb of Horse's, but that wouldn't make much sense as he's been in the back-line and it would leave a hole there then that is not-yet filled by Rampe.

And we could drop Campbell for Parker, but then that doesn't change the fact that someone else would have to be made sub, assuming Parker's not going to be.

So it's a real conundrum. Methinks either Hayward will be out and Parker will come in, with someone like Mitchell being sub, or someone like Jordon or McInerney will be very stiff and be dropped to sub.

These be the good problems that are so often talked about I guess.

If it's heaving cats and dogs then Parker shouldn't play. Too much a risk in a tight heavy slog with lots of bashing and crashing. one week not going to make a difference from a team perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back