Prediction R12 Changes vs Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Emmett, Draper
In: Fredrick, Erasmus

I think Freo should switch out Emmett for an extra midfielder who's resting forward. Rotate Young, Fyfe, Serong, Switta and whoever else through that position and the midfield.

Loved what Wagner brought to the game in the 4th quarter after being subbed on and Draper needs a rest IMO.

B: Walker - Pearce - Wagner
HB: Clark - Ryan - Chapman

C: Sharp - Serong - Johnson
Fol: Darcy - Fyfe - Brayshaw

HF: Banfield - Treacy - Young
F: Fredrick - Amiss - Jackson

Int: Erasmus - O'Meara - Switkowski - Aish
Emg: Walters

I wouldn't mind seeing Fyfye out (down for a few weeks now), same Walters, Draper if we could get away with it as he isn't doing enough; Johnson clangers early in 1st and 3rd qrt really killed momentum; though later he was serviceable; Emmett just not offering enough, doesn't look like scoring

I think they panned to the bench with 2.5min to go and i thought, glad those three are off, Emmett, Fyfe and Johnson

Fol: Darcy - Young - Brayshaw

HF: Banfield - Treacy - Fredrick
F: Switkowski - Amiss - Voss

Int: Erasmus - Jackson - Sturt (or Simpson) - Aish
Sub: Fyfe or JOM

Out: Emmett, Draper
In: Fredrick, Erasmus

I think Freo should switch out Emmett for an extra midfielder who's resting forward. Rotate Young, Fyfe, Serong, Switta and whoever else through that position and the midfield.

Loved what Wagner brought to the game in the 4th quarter after being subbed on and Draper needs a rest IMO.

Fol: Darcy - Fyfe - Brayshaw

HF: Banfield - Treacy - Young
F: Fredrick - Amiss - Jackson

Int: Erasmus - O'Meara - Switkowski - Aish
Emg: Walters
This is how I would roll.

In: Frederick, Erasmus, Wagner
Out: Emmett, Walters, Draper
Sub: Walters

There’s ‘resting’ then there’s omitted.

Fyfe may need a rest.
Walters should be omitted.
Draper should be omitted.
Emmett should be omitted.

Pending WAFL and availability I’d go:

Out - Emmett, Draper, Walters
In - Frederick, Erasmus (one of Simpson, Brodie, Sturt)

Wagner moves into full game.

There’s ‘resting’ then there’s omitted.

Fyfe may need a rest.
Walters should be omitted.
Draper should be omitted.
Emmett should be omitted.

Pending WAFL and availability I’d go:

Out - Emmett, Draper, Walters
In - Frederick, Wagner, (one of Simpson, Brodie, Erasmus, Sturt)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walters has been shocking lately.

Almost every touch is a fumble.

When he does manage to gather the ball he runs in a circle even it wrong foots himself - that's if he manages to not fall over.

He needs to go.
I agree. But for who?

He’s still involved more that scoop and delean are at peel

There’s just no one else 😢

Very interested to see how Sturt goes today for peel. 4.2 last outing with a couple of goal assists to go with it, surely with Switta back in the team we could drop a pressure player (Emmett) for a scoring player.
Frederick can replace Walters as the small forward.
Melbourne’s KPF’s aren’t very good, so maybe we can play shorter with Pearce, Chapman and Ryan playing as tall backs to bring in the extra run Wagner provides.
Out: Walters, Emmett, Draper
In: Frederick, Sturt, Wagner, Brodie to wear the vest so we can Sub Fyfe off in the 3rd.

Walker Pearce Ryan
Clark Chapman Wagner
Sharp Fyfe Banfield
Frederick Treacy Switta
Jackson Amiss Sturt
Darcy Serong Young

B: Brayshaw, JOM, Johnson, Aish
Sub Brodie

Given Walters is in that funk where every interaction has a ceiling of getting a stoppage, we really need him getting a goal assist when kicking the ball 60m from goal.

If he can start to create more moments instead of securing field position by getting it out of bounds or taking the tackle then it's less important, but I don't expect him to be able to work miracles.

It's not all down to him either, he's not going to win the 40m foot race to the loose ball tumbling along toward the boundary after a hack kick forward.

If Melb stick with current FWD line we could omit Draper for sure and keep Wagner or bring worner back in also.

I like the bounce Wagner gives us, goes direct and fast

Given Walters is in that funk where every interaction has a ceiling of getting a stoppage, we really need him getting a goal assist when kicking the ball 60m from goal.

If he can start to create more moments instead of securing field position by getting it out of bounds or taking the tackle then it's less important, but I don't expect him to be able to work miracles.

It's not all down to him either, he's not going to win the 40m foot race to the loose ball tumbling along toward the boundary after a hack kick forward.
He isn't getting anything against the Maynards of the world. Ideally we make our forward line more dangerous so that doesn't happen.

I think it’s time to start giving Ras full games and keep in there to develop, there’s not much more for him to gain from playing WAFL. Could replace Emmett or Walters.
Would also like to see Simpson given the same treatment of playing games and let him cook.
Draper needs a spell in the 2’s.

I will play literally anyone over Emmett and Walters at the moment. Walters has the experience and club legend thing, it is indefensible for Emmett to be picked next week. Draper also needs a break for someone else to get a go.

I'd give Davies a go for Draper personally and keep Wagner sub because I still want two genuine talls and the rest of the backline is humming without changing roles. I'd also let Fyfe have the prolonged break to recompose himself but that's not going to happen.

if it was me
Out: Fyfe, Walters, Emmett, Draper
In: Ras, Sturt/Simpson (whoever plays better today), Freddy, Davies

Almost certainly what will happen
Out: Emmett
In: Freddy

We just can’t have 2 non goal kicking forwards in Switta and Emmett, while also carrying out of form Walters and Amiss. Sturt is no super star but he is a goal kicker. Just him for Emmett changes the balance of the forward line to a more attacking one. Yes we will lose pressure probably, but we are too defensive and non dangerous up there currently, it stands out like dogs balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back