AFL Toast R14: Win against the Saints!

Remove this Banner Ad

They needed to kick goals. All putting Membrey behind the ball in the second quarter did was stop the rot, they couldn’t put any scoreboard pressure on us during that period of time.
I know but daisy pierce said it about 100 times and continued after the game about it was doing my head in

I felt he was appalling for a lot of the game. Seemed to fluff it in the contest and make poor decisions at every opportunity.

I was half a dozen pints in though so maybe not the best judge.

Spot on. He's a liability and not AFL standard. For some he might've looked like a better bad Friday night?

Best thing about the win is that it was the kids who really got us to victory with help from some of the Senior heads.

Caldwell, Perkins and Hobbs are definitely midfielders. Martin, Durham, Draper, Ridley, D’Ambrissio, Jones and McGrath all played there roles well.

Fair enough
i think if we could land a tall like him we would be much better placed to compete in 2024 and beyond
key position forwards take time

I know, right?
if there was only a player that was once taken in the top 10, not played each week, devoid of all confidence, around the 203cm mark that we could get in a trade for a half-eaten pack of twisties....

Yeh, old mate two-hundred-and-three-centimeter-Peter will do fine for me thanks. :D

For the first time in a long time, everyone played to their abilities and everyone was on the same page. Just took 14 weeks to finally get there.

Even Ham had one of his better games.

McGrath is a backman...The end.. He's all of the sudden a massive out against the Eagles.

The Herbatron vid this week.

The Simpsons Reaction GIF by FOX International Channels

Went to my first Bombers game this year on Friday. Me and a mate flew down from Sydney for the night. I now have a 100% attendance winning record. I might have to go to more games :)
Might?

Ok, you can take the rest of this year off, but start booking your flights for next year please. If you really consider yourself a supporter, you should be looking for a place to live in Melbourne.

:think:

Unless we won because you flew down. Maybe stick to booking flights.

I'm not superstitious, so please consider these questions with the utmost urgency:
  • What colour underwear were you wearing?
  • When you stepped out of your house, which foot did you use?
  • What type of snacks were you eating during the game? Were they cheese flavoured and ring shaped?

I'm sure I'll think of other questions, so please do stay around.

foil hat tinfoil kevin GIF by The Tick

Ok, you can take the rest of this year off, but start booking your flights for next year please. If you really consider yourself a supporter, you should be looking for a place to live in Melbourne.
Moving to Melbourne would be awesome. I don't mind the colder weather but I would miss living so close to the beach.

I'm not superstitious, so please consider these questions with the utmost urgency:
  • What colour underwear were you wearing?
  • When you stepped out of your house, which foot did you use?
  • What type of snacks were you eating during the game? Were they cheese flavoured and ring shaped?
1. Blue
2. Right foot first
3. None, just overpriced weak beer. My Saints supporting mate had us go to a swanky french winebar (V Wine Salon I think it was called) near the ground before the game so he could show off speaking french to the waiters hahaha! :)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re-watched last night.
The way they get ahead (almost fully due to the umps) and we handle the momentum swing is just excellent.
If we can make that a team attribute going forward, we will be a hard team to stop.
I know that progression is never linear with a young squad, and it's unlikely to become a trait, but I loved watching it.

It's something Brisbane lacks, and is why they won't win a Premiership with the current mindset.

Re-watched last night.
The way they get ahead (almost fully due to the umps) and we handle the momentum swing is just excellent.
If we can make that a team attribute going forward, we will be a hard team to stop.
I know that progression is never linear with a young squad, and it's unlikely to become a trait, but I loved watching it.

It's something Brisbane lacks, and is why they won't win a Premiership with the current mindset.
Yeah this was very surprising. I’m so used to us being mentally fragile in the extreme. As you say need to see it more but it’s something and we haven’t had a lot to enjoy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back